The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
My son just got engaged to a Sicilian girl earlier this year and I cracked that joke which she didn’t get so I tried to explain it before my son ushered me to the bar and it wasn’t even my round!!
My mate said he was emigrating to an Italian island.
I said don't be Sicily (so silly).......oh please yourselves.....

If we do stick with Poch, I would love for us to bring in a Director of Football. Our long-term roster building is not very well thought out and how our academy players are developed seems really poor.

Honestly we need a DoF regardless of whether Poch stays or goes.
What exactly is a DoF? What does he do that Poch, Levy and decent scouts do? I need to understand.

My son just got engaged to a Sicilian girl earlier this year and I cracked that joke which she didn’t get so I tried to explain it before my son ushered me to the bar and it wasn’t even my round!!
Perhaps she knows some "Sicilians " who might like to make Levy an offer for the club he can't refuse!

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Hiding what? Is it so hard to comprehend that I can and so obviously have appreciated what Howe has done at Bournemouth but I want us now to employ someone with much more experience at winning the big trophies?

Yes I can bash Levy for hiring a manager I rate elsewhere but I don't think is right for our club at this moment. I rate the job Chris Wilder has done at Sheff Utd, doesnt mean he should be our next manager
If you do not think Howe is good enough for us, why do you keep leaping to his defence?
I think Levy will try and replace Poch with a Howe or someone like him. Fans know this, have come to accept this and try to look for the positives in it
Where would be the positives in hiring Howe?
So I will ask you again. Who do you want if Poch goes and who do you think we will get? If there is any hiding or avoiding answering I think you need to look closer to home
Some people want to hire someone they think will win us the league, but I don't think anyone can guarantee us that, no matter how experienced they are, or what they have won. For me, I think the most important thing is to get ourselves back to the level of being a Top 4 side. The squad's in turmoil, so I think a DoF is crucial. I am desperate to be rid of Pochettino and his hideous football, so I would take any of the big names you have mentioned (Benitez, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Allegri) on a 2-year deal and I am also interested in ten Haag, Nagelsmann and Marco Rose. And I love Leicester's style of football, so Rodgers is a very interesting possibility. Who's Levy going to hire? I really don't know.

Last edited:
And I love Leicester's style of football, so Rodgers is a very interesting possibility. Who's Levy going to hire? I really don't know.
Just cannot see Rodgers giving up what he has at Leicester and risking a new partnership with Levy. He has a very exciting young side who are doing really well so to walk away from that would seem somewhat silly.

Back
Top Bottom