The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
We only really start the season trying to do well in two competitions - so you can't disregard the CL and just lump it all in to a "continuous run of bad results".

Come on mate, let's view this realistically, our CL run was impressive and took a lot of guts and courage but it's a knockout competition, it means nothing when talking about our current form, a mixture of good fortune, hard work and talent can get you to a final but league form rarely ever lies.

That's not to mention that even in the CL our form wasn't great as Rocket Rocket has pointed out.

Look, I love Poch, he is the best manager in my lifetime at this club, I have defended him for months and months but the time has come to let him go, it happens, it's a natural cycle, the players aren't responding anymore, they need a new voice and wanting to keep Poch and expecting Levy to fund a rebuild of the squad is ignoring ENIC and Levys history completely, it's never going to happen under them, it's delusional to think it will, that's the lie that's been spun since the stadium build and before, our best bet at this point is to get a new manager and hope it improves us, the real issue at this club however is the owners, it always has been and always will be unless they change.

That being said, regardless of our owners behaviour the fact remains that Poch should be doing better with this squad and he has been given way more time than needed to fix it at this point.

If we get a new manager in maybe he can improve upon what Poch is doing with this group of players (which at this point isn't going to be hard considering our form) and then maybe the new manager can get one or two signings to work with and might even encourage some of the players that want out to stay and regain their best form, in order to do that we need an experienced proven winner to come in, even a caretaker in the short term should get us firing again.

We can't afford to risk sticking with Poch at this point, our form has dropped off a cliff and we aren't getting in Europe full stop if he stays, we will end up near the bottom of the table, like I said, I love Poch as a man and as our manager, I wish it was different but the fact is, I love the club more than any manager, player or owner so that's my only concern, the club and that will ALWAYS come first.

Last edited:
If we lose to red star this week we are out, absolutely zero chance going to Serbia and Germany and lifting points the form we are in-then we are possibly into Thursday games and their effect on the pl games which we all know will also be a disaster.
I honestly haven't a clue where we go from here whether we are with Poch or without him.

If we lose to red star this week we are out, absolutely zero chance going to Serbia and Germany and lifting points the form we are in-then we are possibly into Thursday games and their effect on the pl games which we all know will also be a disaster.
I honestly haven't a clue where we go from here whether we are with Poch or without him.

He’s now criticised the atmosphere in the stadium against Watford🙄

Most fans don’t want Mourinho at the club, I’m starting to think he’s already here🤗
Just like Mourinho except literally every positive thing about him

A whinier, moodier, way shittier version of Mourinho who doesn't give two shits about titles.

Hopefully the sack will come sooner rather than later so we can go back to enjoying football because Poch had already checked out mentally

OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUTOUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

Im 100% in the Poch Out camp now. I was turning that way after the abysmal 7-2 loss v Bayern, but the 3-0 loss to Brighton and us fumbling our way to a atrocious draw at home to Watford has finally done it for me. We need fresh blood in the hot seat and a serial winner im charge.

I think the only reason I'm not Poch out at the moment is because I don't think we've got the players to give a new manager anything different. If 5 at the back can't stop Watford scoring within 5 minutes then I'm not sure what a new manager is going to be able to do.

I'm not vehemently Poch in, but I just can't see what difference getting rid of him is going to achieve in the short term. Verts, Toby, Rose, Eriksen... none of them want to be here. And that's not to do with what manager we have got. I do however tend to agree with Sunglasses Ron Sunglasses Ron in that I'm not sure that I would trust him with a rebuild at this point.

Having just gone through the arguments in this thread I think I'm veering quite hard towards the Poch out button. Which saddens me.
:memeokay:

I think the only reason I'm not Poch out at the moment is because I don't think we've got the players to give a new manager anything different. If 5 at the back can't stop Watford scoring within 5 minutes then I'm not sure what a new manager is going to be able to do.

I'm not vehemently Poch in, but I just can't see what difference getting rid of him is going to achieve in the short term. Verts, Toby, Rose, Eriksen... none of them want to be here. And that's not to do with what manager we have got. I do however tend to agree with Sunglasses Ron Sunglasses Ron in that I'm not sure that I would trust him with a rebuild at this point.

Having just gone through the arguments in this thread I think I'm veering quite hard towards the Poch out button. Which saddens me.

Well, we might not have the players to give new manager anything different, but we most certainly do not have players who would give this manager anything new or different. Nor does the manager has anything new or different to give to our current players. But I believe new manager might have something different to give to our players.

Essentially we have options -
Option ONE - boot 10 players and get new 10 quality players in for manager who has been taking piss in media for 4-5 months now and who has not been able to buy a single starting player from the market since Son and Toby joined...
OPTION TWO - boot the manager, bring in a capable new manager who would give fresh start to our players. Out of whom maybe 4-5 will turn things around and contribute to the club. Which would leave a new manager (with fresher ideas, and knowledge of different players) smaller task of bringing in say 3-4 new players.

2nd option seems so much more likely to me.

Poch is not going to walk, I have no idea why people think he will. I also doubt that Levy will sack him any time soon, but time will tell.

"Too quickly" ...do we really have another 6 years of this to look forward to then....

“I am clear with you. I don’t say yes or no, I don’t say we are going to sign or not sign, sell or not sell."
“It is not the moment to talk, when the time arrives we are going to take that decision in one way or another.
“Now is the time to stay all together, all of the squad, with the staff and the fans and try and change the atmosphere.“We are not going to get any benefit to talk about January, it is too far away, we have got a lot of games to play.“That is the structure of the club that is working and thinking and they need to be ready if we need to do something, if not we keep going, but I am happy with the squad, I am happy with the players.
“Like always, what is going to happen in January I cannot guess today, what happens will happen.”

Does that sound like someone with a plan that we should invest millions into ??
For Heaven's sake when is enough enough ??. Seriously, what is the purpose of making inane statements like that ? and please don't say 'mind games'.
Like I said, Stanley Unwin...

Back
Top Bottom