The new poch out poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch out?

• Yes poch out

Votes: 172 44.6%
  • No poch stays

Votes: 214 55.4%

• Total voters
Thing on this is though, do you really trust the powers that be to get the right man in if they were to go down the road you suggest? Would you really have faith in whatever contingency plan they come up with?

Personally, I would have more faith in Poch getting us back to the level he has shown he is capable of getting us to, after he is given the rebuild he wants. He has enough credit in the bank to be given this backing IMO. For this reason I am still Poch IN.

I think we are at a point now, thanks to Poch‘s work, that we could attract a top class manager. Let’s not pretend that Levy doesn’t already have a shortlist, Poch already ran his mouth before the CL final saying he was ready to leave if we won, so Levy will have put his feelers out already and come up with some names.

I just don’t believe that Poch really wants another five years here. He seems to be saying that out of a sense of obligation rather than any genuine hunger to stay. If the offer comes from United or Real, he will want to take it. He looks ready for a new challenge just like some of the players.

He's the central problem at the club right now, you can almost see a negative aura around him. It's time to move on from him. It will just continue like this until he's gone.

That's only because other teams make the mistake of sacking their managers too quickly.....

Sacking Poch at this point would not be "too quickly" we have been on a continuous run of bad results since January, the CL run masked these issues.

Levy is not going to sanction a full squad rebuild, anybody who thinks he will is delusional at this point, it's completely out of character for him, I have heard this same song and dance over and over again "full squad rebuild" "we have a warchest" "Levy and our owners will back the manager"

Levy (and the owners) are as much to blame for all of this as the manager and previous managers, I couldn't give a fuck about the shiny stadium, NFL football or the Amazon documentaries, as football club owners they are failing where it matters as far as I am concerned and we are once again stagnating and going backwards because of them.

His lack of movement in the market for two windows in a row made this team stagnate, that's a fact, our purchases this summer came way too late and our inability to either lock down players on longer contracts or move them on has cost us massively.

On the other side of the coin, this team is better than what it's currently showing and Poch is to blame for that, he isn't learning from his mistakes, he isn't adapting, that's not down to Levy or our owners, this team has shown what it's capable of and it's well below par as things stand and Poch has proven at this point he is incapable of fixing it.

The reality is, we can't afford to wait around to find out what's going to happen, we are in a situation right now where we are at serious risk of sliding right down the table, this is an indisputable fact based on our form if it continues this way.

People said to give Sherwood more time, they also said the same for AVB, losing both of them led to Poch, I believe losing Poch will benefit us at this point just like losing those two benefited us, people just don't want to face that because they, just like me, believed for so long that Poch was the one, imo, he isn't and neither is Levy and ENIC, like I said, both are at fault here.

I find it odd how many people still want him in despite the fact that he has lost the locker room. When this happens, it doesn't matter what your name is, what you have achieved or for how long you've been to a club... it's just the end of the road. It's easier to fire one person than to fire and replace 10-15 others. He is directly responsible for where we are at the moment: his rigid tactics and failure to adapt and respond to a problem have brought us here.

Every day that passes just prolongs the inevitable. Levy needs to understand this and to what needs to be done. I want to remember the guy for the good times and not the shambles that we are now.

I don't want us to have a new coach every year and whoever follows him should be given plenty of time, but we just can't continue with Poch.

That's only because other teams make the mistake of sacking their managers too quickly.....
"Too quickly" ...do we really have another 6 years of this to look forward to then....

“I am clear with you. I don’t say yes or no, I don’t say we are going to sign or not sign, sell or not sell."
“It is not the moment to talk, when the time arrives we are going to take that decision in one way or another.
“Now is the time to stay all together, all of the squad, with the staff and the fans and try and change the atmosphere.“We are not going to get any benefit to talk about January, it is too far away, we have got a lot of games to play.“That is the structure of the club that is working and thinking and they need to be ready if we need to do something, if not we keep going, but I am happy with the squad, I am happy with the players.
“Like always, what is going to happen in January I cannot guess today, what happens will happen.”

Does that sound like someone with a plan that we should invest millions into ??
For Heaven's sake when is enough enough ??. Seriously, what is the purpose of making inane statements like that ? and please don't say 'mind games'.

Last edited:
Sacking Poch at this point would not be "too quickly" we have been on a continuous run of bad results since January, the CL run masked these issues.

Levy is not going to sanction a full squad rebuild, anybody who thinks he will is delusional at this point, it's completely out of character for him, I have heard this same song and dance over and over again "full squad rebuild" "we have a warchest" "Levy and our owners will back the manager"

Levy (and the owners) are as much to blame for all of this as the manager and previous managers, I couldn't give a fuck about the shiny stadium, NFL football or the Amazon documentaries, as football club owners they are failing where it matters as far as I am concerned and we are once again stagnating and going backwards because of them.

His lack of movement in the market for two windows in a row made this team stagnate, that's a fact, our purchases this summer came way too late and our inability to either lock down players on longer contracts or move them on has cost us massively.

On the other side of the coin, this team is better than what it's currently showing and Poch is to blame for that, he isn't learning from his mistakes, he isn't adapting, that's not down to Levy or our owners, this team has shown what it's capable of and it's well below par as things stand and Poch has proven at this point he is incapable of fixing it.

The reality is, we can't afford to wait around to find out what's going to happen, we are in a situation right now where we are at serious risk of sliding right down the table, this is an indisputable fact based on our form if it continues this way.

People said to give Sherwood more time, they also said the same for AVB, losing both of them led to Poch, I believe losing Poch will benefit us at this point just like losing those two benefited us, people just don't want to face that because they, just like me, believed for so long that Poch was the one, imo, he isn't and neither is Levy and ENIC, like I said, both are at fault here.
Even a caretaker manager till the end of the season would be better than sticking with poch , it’s obvious he has lost the plot, look at how good United done in appointing ole short term ! The mistake from them was giving him the gig full time but it’s obvious from me that a new manager and a fresh start for all the players is what we need, someone who comes in a picks players on how they perform in training and on the pitch rather than how good they were a few seasons ago.

if I could see an effort to change things I'd stick with, but it's clear to me that Poch only has one club in his golf bag.
we will go to Anfield next weekend and try to play out of the back and get caught by their press time and again, he will make subs to late on the 60th minute, and probably try the diamond again.
our football has been slow side to side stuff for months now and I've not seen him try to change his philosophy once, he is too stubborn.
he's got to go, every week we delay tye harder its going to he to turn this season around.

We only really start the season trying to do well in two competitions - so you can't disregard the CL and just lump it all in to a "continuous run of bad results".

2019 results all competitions (excl. friendlies)
P41 W17 L18 D6

We have lost 4 of our last 7 champs league games (W2 D1). In the same time frame we have lost 6 and won 5 Premier League games.

So in the 2 competitions that we apparently try to win, our combined record in the last 22 games is W7 L10 D5

I don't think you can spin it to look anything other than ugly. Especially when compared to the previous 4 seasons.

2019 results all competitions (excl. friendlies)
P41 W17 L18 D6

We have lost 4 of our last 7 champs league games (W2 D1). In the same time frame we have lost 6 and won 5 Premier League games.

So in the 2 competitions that we apparently try to win, our combined record in the last 22 games is W7 L10 D5

I don't think you can spin it to look anything other than ugly. Especially when compared to the previous 4 seasons.

With the away goals rule and pens in the final you don't actually need to win a single game after the group stages in the CL to win the competition.

Unless you are very good, you do need to sacrifice some league form along the way though (see Liverpool the season before, Chelsea when they won it, etc).

With the away goals rule and pens in the final you don't actually need to win a single game after the group stages in the CL to win the competition.

Unless you are very good, you do need to sacrifice some league form along the way though (see Liverpool the season before, Chelsea when they won it, etc).
Yes that is true. However it still doesn't alter the fact that we have won just 7 of the last 22 games that you profess we have been trying our hardest to win. There is no way to make it look anything other than unacceptable for this squad.

We only really start the season trying to do well in two competitions - so you can't disregard the CL and just lump it all in to a "continuous run of bad results".

Do you honestly think we can make a run in the CL with the way we've been playing so far? The fact that we're not out yet and won't be out after Tuesday's game regardless of the result doesn't mean that our perspectives are any good.

Sometimes you don't need to wait until the end to see if something will happen or not. If the signs are obvious, you might as well act in time and see if anything can be salvaged. The same goes for Poch. He will get the sack eventually, so what's the point in offering him more opportunities to show that we can't continue with him?

Back
Top Bottom