The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holy shit. You're kidding? That's immense
55d64565a5114bfea6d03856683db6f4.500x281x23.gif

To have got 2 points from two games against them when we have been the better side in both is a choker.
Personally I only think we were the better side for the first 30 minutes. With the form we have displayed this year and with being down to 10 men we should have ripped them apart. Instead we looked tired and disinterested and it felt like we were still playing against 11 men frankly. I think that's what annoys me about the result. It was ours to throw away and I personally think we did. I think that's where my own personal disappointment comes from. Much has been said about them being bottlers and us having overcome that, but it felt like the other way around in the second half for me.

Personally I only think we were the better side for the first 30 minutes. With the form we have displayed this year and with being down to 10 men we should have ripped them apart. Instead we looked tired and disinterested and it felt like we were still playing against 11 men frankly. I think that's what annoys me about the result. It was ours to throw away and I personally think we did. I think that's where my own personal disappointment comes from. Much has been said about them being bottlers and us having overcome that, but it felt like the other way around in the second half for me.

Would you like to rephrase your comment "disinterested?

:avbshit:

I'll concede tired.

MATCH THREAD The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square
kaaaaaaaaaaaaane
Ratings for post #697
Disagree x 1 Joe Clash
Oh you hilariously petulant cunt Joseph.... unless you're disagreeing with him 'cos he didn't put a capital 'K' in front of kane's name???
...or did you think someone else scored that goal, and THAT'S why you disagreed!!

:kanehand:
Personally, I love the fact that rather than celebrating the goal WITH your fellow Spurs fans... you spent at least TWO seconds of your life thinking about, and then hitting a pointless disagree button!
'cos now I've spent at least 2 minutes of my life typing this... so I guess we're as bad as eachother...
More power to your elbow thumbs!

Offensively they are the best team in the league imo, they aren't going to win the league though and everything is in their favour this season..

Wenger managed the last 20 minutes well, his subs worked - he's a very good manager of a team, but a shit manager of a football club.

I have been saying we should be playing youth in the EL ever since the league possibility opened up for us. I've said it on this forum somewhere. Simply because we might well not have another shout at the league in the next 30 years. You can't blame Poch for playing a strong team back in Autumn because we had no clue the season would pan out this way.

I still think we have a chance for the league. There will be more twists and turns. Leicester are justifiably strong favourites, but what happens if Vardy or Mahrez gets injured? If they lose a vital game and the pressure piles up on them? How will they cope with it being really there's to lose for the first time? How will they cope with teams starting to play ultra-defensively against them (not that well against Norwich or West Brom)?

BUT if we beat Dortmund our chance is gone IMO. I would rest Kane, Dembele & Alli in both Dortmund games, and some other key players. This seems to be anathema to most yids and I respect their opinion. I just want to see us push all the way for the league. We'll have plenty of chances to win the EL when normality resumes in the league and we have our new stadium to pay off.
Me, I'd rest Kane, Dier, Ali, Eriksen, Lamela & Toby ( if we could).
I have also be saying that I wouldn't put it past Chavs to win the CL, just like they did last time they were shit in the league and got a manager sacked.
Then only 3rd will be good enough.
I doubt we will beat Dortmund. If we door best team will have to leave fuck all on the pitch, and that doesn't bode well for the last 9 league games imo.

whist your points are certainly valid, to me it's a defeatist attitude to have.
i like to think the players and manager haven't given up yet
I respect your view. You could argue that resting lots of players would instill a defeatist mentality in the squad and therefore be worse for our league title chances. Perhaps the best thing, strangely, would be for Dortmund to beat us fair and square, with us fielding a strong team.

I just feel sure that if we keep playing strong teams in both competitions we will not win the league.

Personally I would rest Kane etc vs Dortmund with the hope that it doesn't have a bad effect on our title challenge. To me it's realistic rather than defeatist. But there's no right answer just different opinions which are all valid.

Certainly some good points there.

We seemed to struggle when they were pressing us. Didn't know what to do. I felt we were tired and needed the boost of the sending off. That raised our energy levels and after that we played well I thought until their goal...albeit against ten. We also played well, like you say, in the first 30 minutes. Fairly even at the end though I think we were looking like the most likely side to win it. I would not say we looked disinterested.

Yes we should have done more against ten. I think the key thing is that we should have won both league games against them. Both times they were there for the taking and we did not make the most of it.

Me, I'd rest Kane, Dier, Ali, Eriksen, Lamela & Toby ( if we could).
I have also be saying that I wouldn't put it past Chavs to win the CL, just like they did last time they were shit in the league and got a manager sacked.
Then only 3rd will be good enough.
I doubt we will beat Dortmund. If we door best team will have to leave fuck all on the pitch, and that doesn't bode well for the last 9 league games imo.
Agree with all that. Except 4th would still good enough for the CL if Chelski win it, unless scousers or mancs win the EL too. The combination is fairly unlikely.

Agree with all that. Except 4th would still good enough for the CL if Chelski win it, unless scousers or mancs win the EL too. The combination is fairly unlikely.
Yeah they changed the rules after we got fucked that year, to make sure no one else ever suffers the same fate.
The explicitly mentioned us in fact. So they let Everton in in the same situation, changed the rules, we got fucked then they changed them back. The most Spursian turn of events ever.

So if that's correct why did he buy N'jie?
:clintonohshit:
I think he wants to use him more centrally if I am honest. also, I cant see him flying down the wing much.
will probably want to come inside a lot.
I also don't think poch really bought him to start. cant see how he will get in the main starting 11.

Yes for them when they went 1-0 up after soaking up everything we threw at them

We're still 3 points ahead of them with a far superior goal difference

And I still maintain Leicester will fall away towards the end

No need to melt over yesterday

Disappointing yes but take the positives

:pochserious:
I think before the game, they would have been happy with a draw.
we were the favourites for this match.

I think he wants to use him more centrally if I am honest. also, I cant see him flying down the wing much.
will probably want to come inside a lot.
I also don't think poch really bought him to start. cant see how he will get in the main starting 11.

He needs to improve which I think he will do but he will be a good option coming from the bench when he recovers

I've still got the right 'ump!! From sheer ecstasy when Harry hit that shot to deep despair when they equalised.
I'm not melting, but they were there for the taking and we have missed a massive opportunity to get some points on the door. We seem to have saved our worst performances (in my opinion) for the last two games, against opponents we dearly would have loved to beat. Having said that, we now need to consign these results to the past, and crack on. If I remember rightly, when we beat Woolwich last year, they went on a huge winning streak. This is what we need to do, there are still a lot of points to play for, and we need to get back to winning ways straight away.
I've still got the 'ump though!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom