The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still gutted.

Hope and pray giving up a late lead against ten men doesn't turn into our equivalent of Gerrard's slip.

There's plenty of time.
I know I'm overreacting.

It's the pain talking.....

21fc55f2931332c5bdfc0454e667354f.jpg

Sitting in the airport waiting for a bus reflecting on this game and I'm still as gutted as I was on Saturday :(

I've never felt as sure as anything that we would go on to score a 3rd and a 4th, probably the first time I've ever felt confident in a NLD, and maybe that's why. I think that 2 minutes of elation just made it sting so much more.. Fucking Ramsey and Sanchez, useless cunts :pochfacepalm:

I'll try and give you this without the emotion. We are in danger of talking ourselves into 'fatigue.' It is being mentioned often, so often, that in fact it will become real. I remember '82 when we were going for everything.
We lost the League Cup Final to Liverpool AET, who we the fittest team in the country.
We were kicked to bits, and I do mean that, by Barcelona, yes Barcelona, in the Semi Final of the Cup Winners Cup. We finished forth in the League.
All of this was achieved by a small squad who had to endure a replay in the F.A. Cup final, but still found enough to win it. We have had the most intense week of the season against a fanatical West Ham and a very good Woolwich team. It is past and will not be repeated.
Let's look at where we are. I have long argued that I don't want to finish 4th. I want a manager who will build a team to win the Premiere League. I thought it would take 5 years. It hasn't, we are close. That is progress.
I know that Sky's bitches will strengthen again. I see the profane transfer values being banded about. Levy, whatever you think of him, retains a connection with the fans and the community, and is building a stadium which will not, despite what the anti -Spurs media - and they are legion - mire us in Woolwich levels of debt.
We are not leaving our ancestral home, just shifting it north a bit. We are still a real club with real fans. We had fans at the game on Saturday form all over the world. They are not tourist, they could pick any successful, nouveau riche club in Europe. They are humble and keen. Tottenham Hotspur did that to them.
We will play in the Champions League once again next season, we will not win it. I know it can all come crashing down but we have staff turning down Manchester United's job offers and top quality players queueing up to sign new, long term contracts.
Teams that once laughed at us, now fear us. There are nine managers out there saying 'Lads, it's Tottenham.'
It means something else now. Every Spurs fan know what it is to be 'Spursy.' It too means something else now.
This not the past, this is now.
I believe.

yep I saw plenty who i've heard don't bother any more (or not as much anyway) out pre game. Don't know if the ob were caught off guard or they planned to let it go off like it did. Either way I think a few could be expecting knocks at their doors in the coming weeks
Let's hope they turn a blind eye, but you might be right. Too much footage on Youtube!

I'll try and give you this without the emotion. We are in danger of talking ourselves into 'fatigue.' It is being mentioned often, so often, that in fact it will become real. I remember '82 when we were going for everything.
We lost the League Cup Final to Liverpool AET, who we the fittest team in the country.
We were kicked to bits, and I do mean that, by Barcelona, yes Barcelona, in the Semi Final of the Cup Winners Cup. We finished forth in the League.
All of this was achieved by a small squad who had to endure a replay in the F.A. Cup final, but still found enough to win it. We have had the most intense week of the season against a fanatical West Ham and a very good Woolwich team. It is past and will not be repeated.
Let's look at where we are. I have long argued that I don't want to finish 4th. I want a manager who will build a team to win the Premiere League. I thought it would take 5 years. It hasn't, we are close. That is progress.
I know that Sky's bitches will strengthen again. I see the profane transfer values being banded about. Levy, whatever you think of him, retains a connection with the fans and the community, and is building a stadium which will not, despite what the anti -Spurs media - and they are legion - mire us in Woolwich levels of debt.
We are not leaving our ancestral home, just shifting it north a bit. We are still a real club with real fans. We had fans at the game on Saturday form all over the world. They are not tourist, they could pick any successful, nouveau riche club in Europe. They are humble and keen. Tottenham Hotspur did that to them.
We will play in the Champions League once again next season, we will not win it. I know it can all come crashing down but we have staff turning down Manchester United's job offers and top quality players queueing up to sign new, long term contracts.
Teams that once laughed at us, now fear us. There are nine managers out there saying 'Lads, it's Tottenham.'
It means something else now. Every Spurs fan know what it is to be 'Spursy.' It too means something else now.
This not the past, this is now.
I believe.

Remember all that as if it were yesterday

Including the 'Redtops' headlines the following day

"Butchers of Barcelona"

Glenn Hoddle was lucky to walk again let alone play after the sort of tackles he had to take with absolutely no protection from the ref

:ossie:

I dropped out of uni after 1 term mate! Will be going back this September though, the company I work for are paying for me to go through it part-time so can't complain. All good your end?

That sounds like a good deal! Hope you follow it through.

All sunshine and roses for me mate.

Embarassing.
If only we could actually pass.
That is why Walker doesn't cross.
No idea what that West Ham result has done to me but the pessimism is back. I can't see us coming back into this, especially going on to win.
If we don't at least draw here we're a joke
Wimmer saves 11 men tottenham from losing it at the end.
Ultimate fucking bottlers.
fuck off kane

The only one who needs to fuck off here is none other than yourself - you cheating Roma wanna fanboy cunt-nugget prick of a wanker

Everyone has seen through your fake bullshit - you're done on this forum

MATCH THREAD The Mighty Tottenham v Dial Square
Oh you hilariously petulant cunt Joseph.... unless you're disagreeing with him 'cos he didn't put a capital 'K' in front of kane's name???
...or did you think someone else scored that goal, and THAT'S why you disagreed!!

:kanehand:
Personally, I love the fact that rather than celebrating the goal WITH your fellow Spurs fans... you spent at least TWO seconds of your life thinking about, and then hitting a pointless disagree button!
'cos now I've spent at least 2 minutes of my life typing this... so I guess we're as bad as eachother...
More power to your elbow thumbs!

I watched the game with friends in the pub - the disagree was about 10 hours later - but you're a bit thick aren't you? He'd just told Kane to 'fuck off'.

I watched the game with friends in the pub - the disagree was about 10 hours later - but you're a bit thick aren't you? He'd just told Kane to 'fuck off'.
I am pretty thick... seems like i'm about 10 hours behind the action... fucking useless stream!!!

Ohhhhhh,
I've just trawled back a few pages to see what you were disagreeing with Totti about...
Totti, 5 Mar 2016
No idea what that West Ham result has done to me but the pessimism is back. I can't see us coming back into this, especially going on to win.
#590Totti, 5 Mar 2016

1. Well you're a bundle of joy.
    Don't worry. Aston Villa away on Sunday :)
    Totti, 5 Mar 2016
ffs Kane stay onside.

Blimey... he is a bit negative Nora, ain't he... I see what you meant! (didn't see the fuck off Kane bit mind you... unless that was much earlier in the day...? TBH, I barely cared enough to trawl back a couple of pages... I dunno what he said earlier in the day!!

I am pretty thick... seems like i'm about 10 hours behind the action... fucking useless stream!!!

Ohhhhhh,
I've just trawled back a few pages to see what you were disagreeing with Totti about...

Blimey... he is a bit negative Nora, ain't he... I see what you meant! (didn't see the fuck off Kane bit mind you... unless that was much earlier in the day...? TBH, I barely cared enough to trawl back a couple of pages... I dunno what he said earlier in the day!!
Well, the fuck off Kane was a reaction to him shooting from close range and clearing the ball out of the stadium instead of hitting it on target when we were 0-1 down. He was better then that as proven when he then scored what should have been the winner.

Ohhhhhh,

I thought 'hilarious, petulant cunt' was a bit strong for one disagree, but we're good. :)

Back
Top Bottom