The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston "not famous anymore" Villa

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

........................Vorm.........................
Trippier....Wimmer....CCV....Davies
...............Winks.....Sissoko...............
.........Son.......Eriksen....N'Koudou..
.....................Janssen.........................

Just a feeling about that lineup. Perhaps one of the more senior CBs in there instead of CCV to add stability.

I reckon Toby to start as he's missed a lot of football and could do with sharpening up a bit more. He's not put a foot wrong since his return from injury though.

I reckon Toby to start as he's missed a lot of football and could do with sharpening up a bit more. He's not put a foot wrong since his return from injury though.
You have a point there. Also, keeping Toby sharp for the West Brom game (where we'll be relying on him to head clearances from set pieces) would be a good idea.

Perhaps start him with a view to subbing off after 60 minutes if the match is won?

Fresh talks to avoid the tube strike today. Fingers crossed - I have the feeling if they go ahead then WHL will be half empty, especially as it's on TV. I just hate the idea of that this season.

I know Villa aren't Gillingham, but we really need to prove to ourselves (as well as the players involved tomorrow) that our squad can cope with being in 3 competitions...
yes yes yes the Premier League is first and foremost... but come on, if we don't win it, it would be nice to win something... that's where the UEFA Cup Europa League and F.A Cup (and the fringe players in our squad) come in!

I really wanna win the F.A Cup... does that make me a bad man?
Man City look like they were taking it seriously last night... and they're minted! ...plus i'm pretty sure they've also got eyes on the PL too...
I'd like to think we could challenge for the League, whilst still taking the Cups seriously... guess what, we can have our cake and eat it!

Essential that we keep it going by beating West Brom though.
In some ways, that's as much of a challenge as beating Chelsea!
If we get three points from that then we're absolutely flying.
To be fair after Leicester, WBA was our toughest game last season easily, they are no pushover at all remember that, they were strong and stopped loads of things we tried

Poch will have his work cut out to get all 3 points, especially if Tony goes for his back 6

...and lest we forget, WBA are a much better team this season, than in any of the previous few seasons where they seem to have been able to take points off us!

Then again, this season's Chelsea are supposedly a much better team than previous incarnations that have had so much success against us down the last 2 decades!!

Rest all the CFC starters bar Toby and Eric.

Keep the back 3, get the other 8 outfield players to get familiar with it. And Vorm.

Vorm

Dier Toby Wimmer

Trippier Sissoko Winks Davies

Son Jannsen GKN

Strong defence;
Gives game time to alot who need it;
Lots of pace up front;
Good crossing from both sides, Janssen is good in the air;
Wanyama is best used in games where we need to get possession off the other team (Citeh, Chavs). Villa will be a rotated Championship team, not the same at all.

Kane Moose and Rose to come off the bench if things going tits up.

This rotated team is 100 times better than the misfits who lost 2 years ago at home to Leicester.

We will win this game imo. Villa are in the doldrums.
The difficulty comes if/when we draw a good PL side in the FA cup, are still in the EL & still chasing top 4. The games start to come thick & fast then, & we will likely start to see burnout if the squad isn't rotated correctly. Wholesale changes never really seem to work for us, but I wouldn't expect to see too many of the first XI tomorrow.
Getting the job done early is the key. Then use subs to increase integration of the younger players.

I like how he talks about Espanyol, the fondness he has for it, and the way he spoke about La Liga being essentially impossible for them to have targeted the title (meaning the cups were all they had).

It seemed like he was implying that the Premier League differs in that regard, and that his aim is to keep improving us until we can win the league (his answer on comparing us to this time last year showed that too).

It's such a feelgood time again (assuming we can get past Villa on Sunday) - I so wish the club would do another one of these:

FANS' FORUM 8 December 2015 - Video - tottenhamhotspur.com

At Southampton he probably felt similar to at Espanyol - that he couldn't win the league title with them, only maybe the cups, or quality for the Europa and try to win that. With us though, he can win anything he likes.

At Southampton he probably felt similar to at Espanyol - that he couldn't win the league title with them, only maybe the cups, or quality for the Europa and try to win that. With us though, he can win anything he likes.
In fairness, it looked from the outside like his motivation for leaving Southampton was over them firing Cortese and letting all their good players go (he was certainly right regarding player sales, as the following two seasons have shown).

You're right about us though. Spurs are unique amongst the top 6 when you consider the radical changes to our training ground and stadium that have happened/will happen in the past few years.
We also have a youth/transfer policy that seems almost tailor made to him.

At Spurs, he could genuinely become a club legend if our trajectory continues the way it is. If he can keep us stable for a couple of years then we'll also be bringing in match revenue to push our wage structure into the same playing field as the other big boys (what we do with our current wage structure is staggering and criminally overlooked by pundits).

Simple changes to this competition could really get it back to where it use to be.....
Take the semi finals away from wembley
Give the winner champions league qualification and takeaway 4th place

Simple changes to this competition could really get it back to where it use to be.....
Take the semi finals away from wembley
Give the winner champions league qualification and takeaway 4th place

Champions League place for winning six matches?

:dembelewtf:

:pochwtf:

:roseunsure:

:avbshit:

Back
Top Bottom