The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't blame the wing backs for not playing high up the pitch when we go out in a 4-back line instead of a 3. They are asked to play full backs instead of offensive wing backs. That's the reason they don't overlap and shit. Poch obviously wanted to win the fight in the centre of the midfield. Which we would have had not Wanyama gifted them the ball time and time again.

Dembele was our Motm, followed by an unlucky Kane.
Alonso was their Motm, followed by a sloppy Wanyama.

So, you clueless cunt: The seventh time (that I counted, I may have missed some) that Wanyama sloppily gave away the ball in the centre of the pitch he also failed to follow the run, and he gave the game to Chelsea.

You probably still think he was immense though. Clueless!
Embarrassing cunt - reveling in the error of one of ours just to be proven right on the internet. What a sad turd

Last edited:
Ratings now I've calmed down a bit

Lloris -1 - Shit placing, shit wall, shit dive, and crap throw and shit effort for their winner

Jan - 5

Toby - 5

Dier - 6

Davies - 6

Trippier - 4

Wanyama - 1 - Rating is self explanatory

Dembele - 9 - One of two players trying up top today, was a monster

Eriksen - 4 - Your Barcelona linked creative mids should not be playing hot potatoe every time they have the ball. Nothing

Dele - 1- Stop believing the hype, and be that player who scored at Selhurst Park

Kane - 7 - A real dimension to his game, shame he was let down up top

Son - 3

Poch - 5 - Weird and meaningless subs

Oh well, guess I'm still fucked off then. A little break needed I feel.....football is a cunt

Can't blame the wing backs for not playing high up the pitch when we go out in a 4-back line instead of a 3. They are asked to play full backs instead of offensive wing backs. That's the reason they don't overlap and shit. Poch obviously wanted to win the fight in the centre of the midfield. Which we would have had not Wanyama gifted them the ball time and time again.

Eh? We started with a back 3.

Doubt Poch will throw Sanchez in so early. I seriously hope we're in for a Martial/Balde/Mahrez type player. Today highlighted the biggest weakness of our attack, zero players that can take on defenders

A wing back who doesn't mind taking a player on wouldn't hurt

Embarassing cunt - revelling in the error of one of ours just to be proven wrong on the internet. What a sad turd

The fact that I'm pissed with your clueless comments does not mean I am revelling in Wanyama's fuckload of errors. I am furious because of his performance, not happy about it. The fact that my observations were correct and I wanted to point that out to you because of your usual combination of ignorance and arrogance does not mean I am happy. I was fucking fuming at the end of the game.

We deserved a lot more, and needed more. But were fucked by a very sloppy Wanyama.

Rule no1 for a keeper you don't get beat at your near post. The ball went under his body, another error from Lloris. Also don't throw out to a player having a poor game, tired and vulnerable to the turnover.

No need to rush the play. We were already out of position and almost caught out through their attack. Needed to calm it down, get our players set and go again. Had we been 1-0 down then we could be forgiven for going for the jugular.

The fact that I'm pissed with your clueless comments does not mean I am revelling in Wanyama's fuckload of errors. I am furious because of his performance, not happy about it. The fact that my observations were correct and I wanted to point that out to you because of your usual combination of ignorance and arrogance does not mean I am happy. I was fucking fuming at the end of the game.

We deserved a lot more, and needed more. But were fucked by a very sloppy Wanyama.

We were but Hugo also culpable, Dele anonymous, Eriksen heavily marked, Tripps poor,

Positives Harry, Moose, Jan, Toby

No need to rush the play. We were already out of position and almost caught out through their attack. Needed to calm it down, get our players set and go again. Had we been 1-0 down then we could be forgiven for going for the jugular.

How the fuck can anyone blame Lloris for that? He gave it to Wanyama who had space, time and alternatives for a pass. We are ambitious in our play, and there was nothing bad about his throw to Wanyama.

I can see what Poch was trying to do but it didn't pay off. Disappointed we lost because of two defensive mistakes again at Wembley against Chelsea. I swear if we just came to these games more humbly and kept it 0-0 for 60-70 minutes we'd win. Alonso did deserve to be on the winning side, but apart from that a draw was a fair result. But I've said it once and I'll say it again and probably get hammered with disagrees... when we play 3-4-3, from a team shape and direct counter-attacking perspective, Son is a better player to have in the 3 in attack than Eriksen.

We can play as pleasing on the eye stuff as we want, and win in the hearts of the neutrals, but we aren't ruthless enough as a team and it is our problem now. When we tried to make changes later in the game we had to compromise our defence just to fit enough attacking players on the pitch. Conte, with a weakened squad, still somehow found a way to balance his team and keep it strong. Anything else? Oh yeah, that weird drum sound was shit, and we were slow at taking corners and they defended them too easily.

Knee-jerk rant over, only positive is I'm quite relieved early dreams and pressure of winning the league is away. We'll probably do better now everyone has written us off.

I thought we were poor in the second half. First half though, we were brilliant. It's a shame we couldn't find the first half equaliser. We'd have won if we did in my pinion

Don't really understand this, there were times the only player higher up the pitch than Davies/Trippier was Kane and they were almost always up in the midfield. Certainly played as wingbacks today, and the lack of overlapping was down to their starting position being so high up there was no one to overlap.

Davies can just about acquit himself in that role because he's got enough in attack, but Trippier is better as a traditional fullback looking to run into space and collect a pass behind the opposition. Being so advanced today really exposed the lack of depth to his play.

How the fuck can anyone blame Lloris for that? He gave it to Wanyama who had space, time and alternatives for a pass. We are ambitious in our play, and there was nothing bad about his throw to Wanyama.

Apart from he shouldn't have thrown it to a tiring, unfit player who was marked by Luiz in the middle of the field 10-15 yds from our area

He threw it too quickly and didn't think about it

By this stage Wanyama was fucked which was Poch's fault for not subbing him at half time

Like I said earlier a bad day at the office and we deserved something from the game

Back
Top Bottom