The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

yeah, apologies. Still frustrated from the match,

I wasn't saying Lloris was shit or Wanyama - but that's the fine margins of the game. If we win that, no one criticises Wanyama's performance to that extent and no one criticises Lloris - and we're gonna win the league etc.

We weren't going to win that as our attackers couldn't eradicate the mistakes, Wanyama, Lloris and others were making. In the end it came back to bite us in the bum.

He wasn't match fit, gave the ball away needlessly and couldn't keep up with play

Not his fault but I would have subbed him at HT

Poch got that wrong today. Dier should have stayed on and Wanyama off, he was clearly not match sharp and it cost us.

I am so pissed off with the result, we deserved something from today against them, it's days like today that give me a reminder to how much I detest their fan base

I'll re-iterate, I wasn't calling Lloris or Wanyama shit.
I know you were implying that anyone who suggested that we needed the squad strengthen, even though we had 4 players who are not match fit, 3 with little no pre season match time, and that loris makes too many errors like this and continues to put us under pressure with his slow bad passes is knee Jerking
If we would have won blah, blah.

Maybe Lloris was rusty cause he didn't have a fucking save to make all game

His distribution with feet or hands has never been good but he's usually a great shot stopper which is why their 2nd was a mystery
99/100 he saves that

Yes, very disappointing, but as usual we drop points early in the season, will make a few decent signings late in the window who will improve the team and then start picking up points. Rinse. Repeat.

We did everything but get a result today. Freakishly good free kick (no fucker stops those) & a defensive cock up from Lloris throwing the ball out too hurriedly, Wanyama not dealing with it, back to Lloris doing the unthinkable & getting beaten under his body at his near post. He could have stayed on his feet & saved that.

We dominated the play for a good 65 minutes & im gutted that we didn't get a result.

Thought Trippier was bang average though. Walker would have given them far more
Trouble. Hey ho. :walkercry:

we lack pace in final third. Win corners and free kicks. using dead balls to attack them. dembele and kane trying to take them on but we are too predictable. will struggle against top teams...

Maccer Maccer you don't think that match bodes well for the season at Wembley? Bossed one of the most expensive sides in the league.

Stupid mistakes and a lack of width cost us - we'll round into form and the first problem will be solved, but Trippier just isn't the player needed on the right.

Just got back in from wembley.
The problem is our wing backs rarely if ever overlap. Its really frustrating to see (especially considering Walker and Rose did it all the time). We are literally playing everything through the middle because our wing backs are not offering width and that is gonna be a big issue on the Wembley pitch.

Maccer Maccer you don't think that match bodes well for the season at Wembley? Bossed one of the most expensive sides in the league.

Stupid mistakes and a lack of width cost us - we'll round into form and the first problem will be solved, but Trippier just isn't the player needed on the right.

We played well against the chavs in the cup there last season.
And lost again.

We just didn't look the same Spurs to me at Wembley last season as we did at WHL, and we didn't look like WHL Spurs today.

How Chelsea played wasn't the issue - teams played like that against us at WHL last season and we won practically every single game bar 2.

It was the fact Pochettino decided to change the formation THREE times in the game that left the players we had on the pitch playing out of position and weakening the overall team ultimately. We ended up at one stage with Vertonghen at left wing back, Wanyama at centre half, we had Kane going outwide far too often etc.

The game highlighted to me that we need aggressive wing backs. Trippier is great at what he does, but honestly I think KWP would have done no worse today, at least he may have tried to take a man on.

Just remember, Kane hit the post in the first half, if that goes in then it's a completely different game and we may even have gone on to win. It's a game of fine margins.

We'll smash Burnley next week. Hopefully with a few new signings. Sanchez is a certainty to start.
Doubt Poch will throw Sanchez in so early. I seriously hope we're in for a Martial/Balde/Mahrez type player. Today highlighted the biggest weakness of our attack, zero players that can take on defenders

Just got back in from wembley.
The problem is our wing backs rarely if ever overlap. Its really frustrating to see (especially considering Walker and Rose did it all the time). We are literally playing everything through the middle because our wing backs are not offering width and that is gonna be a big issue on the Wembley pitch.

Every neutral last season was drooling over Walker and Rose.

Back
Top Bottom