The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Plastic chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I havent seen the full article, dont have Times subscription.

On the one hand theyre saying we cant sell out our allocation, on the other Brent Council have put restrictions on the crowd for this one.

So what is it? What's the restriction?

Really slack journalism somewhere.

Basically there is no general sale due to fear of Chelsea buying home tickets.

Spurs have sold 70,000 to members or 'members guests'..And are struggling to sell the extra 20,000 which is to be expected.

Basically there is no general sale due to fear of Chelsea buying home tickets.

Spurs have sold 70,000 to members or 'members guests'..And are struggling to sell the extra 20,000 which is to be expected.
Fair do's, thanks for that.

So - we could easily sell out, but there's a risk of Chavs getting in to the home end.

Clearly a different situation to the CL and EL last season when we pretty much sold out (and cheaper tickets too).

If there arent the restrictions for a Cat c game like Burnley, and they pitch it at £20 or so, then I'd expect a bigger crowd. If we can sell out for Gent mid week, I'm sure we can do much the same for a cat b and c with low risk of aggro.

Irrespective of the details and the why's and wherefores, an attendance of 70,000 will see Tottenham have the highest attendance for this weekends fixtures (Anfield has 54k and Monday's fixture at the Etihad against Everton IF sold-out would be 55k), that's 15k more!

Up the Spurs!

Spurs will be restricted to 70,000:
Because of Brent council and Police restrictions
Spurs are struggling to sell tickets and only sold 70,000

:avbfacepalm:
"Restricted to..." I love their terminology, and rubbish maths!
If we only sold a 'paltry' 61,000 the New WHL would be a sell-out every week!
...at this rate, there'll be 9000 locked OUT of the new ground!
Dramas over!

Another missed opportunity.

This season, as much as most of us don't want to have to play at Wembley, we could have set one or 2 league attendance records that possibly would never be broken - and would likely annoy the Goons, Mancs, Chavs, Scousers, Spammers...etc - if only we'd picked a more fan friendly pricing structure (i.e. significantly reduce prices from what they were at WHL).

To me, it seems that not one game at WHL in the league will actually get close to a 90,000 attendance.

This season, as much as most of us don't want to have to play at Wembley, we could have set one or 2 league attendance records that possibly would never be broken - and would likely annoy the Goons, Mancs, Chavs, Scousers, Spammers...etc - if only we'd picked a more fan friendly pricing structure (i.e. significantly reduce prices from what they were at WHL).

To me, it seems that not one game at WHL in the league will actually get close to a 90,000 attendance.

It's only Chelsea and Woolwich fixtures I believe that have been deemed high risk hence no general sale. So I expect when we play Man United and Liverpool we will get very high attendances. However we will definitely be dealing with tourists.

Restricted General Sale, only for those registered before July. e.g. No-one who's never bought a ticket before or people deciding last minute to visit Wembley.

No restrictions for Burnley so I expect a full house. Even if, by the above logic, 20k will be those who've never bought a Spurs ticket before.

Chelsea have more than a couple of key players out. Spurs seemed to be pretty much on form in the Newcastle game.

Everything on paper says we have a good shout.

Which is why I have the fear.

I want to enjoy looking forward to this but I can't, and am actually properly nervous about it to the point where it's a constant distraction.

GOD I've missed the football season!

Lose that anxiety....
...Patience - relax - lets find that G Spot-? COYS

200.gif

Wondered where it was

Didn't realise you had to peel it first

:deledoubt:

...am I right in thinking that WEMBLEY (brought to You by EE) have set the prices, not Spurs??? I may be - and often am - wrong!

Back
Top Bottom