The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cut the passing line from Cabaye to Zaha and hope Toby is on top of his heading game as Benteke can be a monster when he's up for it, and lately he really seems up for it. He's one of those strikers that scores in batches of 4-5 games to go quiet for the same amount of games.

But then again, we have 4 players that are scoring on a regular basis vs a team that has puncheon, so why would we worry

I think Fat Sam will rest quite a few players for our game - if they avoid defeat on Saturday at home to Burnley then they are 100% safe really.

Palace have had a ridiculous run mainly based on the form of Benteke (whose unplayable when in the mood) and Zaha. If Big Sam drops those two then it's less of a challenge, plus I think the Palace players will start to relax now after putting in some big performances and reaching safety.
Spurs won't implode like last year, as we are mentally tougher, but also the squad is in better shape and we have Rose returning for the crucial games.
We had won 7 successive games in Rose's absence.

We lost on Saturday because we did not take our chances, Luiz and the mercurial Hazard.

But we are very close.

The Palace game is about showing the Premier League we are as good some believe.

I just think as fans we need to see it to believe it.

Last edited:
We have a tough stretch coming. Woolwich just beat city so they're revving up some confidence. CP just beat pool and they have home field against us (honestly most nervous about this fixture). Man U haven't lost in God knows how long (6 months now maybe?) I hope we take that gut wrenching Chelsea loss and use it as motivational fuel for us to win out and press chelsea for the league. This team deserves so much more this season that walking away without a trophy of some sort. Come on boys.

Didn't Southampton beat CP. A few games ago? Benteke had motivation to play well against Liverpool who kicked him out-well done him. Townsend might be the same against us-not?:sonlol:

We need to win because I feel Southampton will get something against Chelsea.

:coys:

Didn't Southampton beat CP. A few games ago? Benteke had motivation to play well against Liverpool who kicked him out-well done him. Townsend might be the same against us-not?:sonlol:

We need to win because I feel Southampton will get something against Chelsea.

:coys:

No one is happier to see Lamela on the shelf...

9b947b69872c9890da4c86c2ebdbae5e.gif

I'm having a bit of crisis here chaps.

Looking at our remaining fixtures and after how crushed i feel from the weekend; I can see the potential for us to drop points in all of them.

I have written the league off because whilst i can see Chelsea dropping points, i cant see us not dropping any.

We've got this far and we brushed aside the teams in the last few weeks that we where expected to beat.

But what i am looking at is that 14 point gap between us and the scum.... we go away to West Ham, away to Leicester, home to them. Three games against teams who would fucking LOVE to spoil our party.

The worst thing possible outcome would be for it to all be riding on that last game of the season again. I don't think my heart could take it!

Dont want to be melty because i'm normally pretty upbeat about us, but jesus, Saturday brought me back down with a bump.

xyspcnu7ccyagccvi5lf.gif

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of crisis here chaps.

Looking at our remaining fixtures and after how crushed i feel from the weekend; I can see the potential for us to drop points all of them.

I have written the league off because whilst i can see Chelsea dropping points, i cant see us not dropping any.

We've got this far and we brushed aside the teams in the last few weeks that we where expected to beat.

But what i am looking at is that 14 point gap between us and the scum.... we go away to West Ham, away to Leicester, home to them. Three games against teams who would fucking LOVE to spoil our party.

The worst thing possible outcome would be for it to all be riding on that last game of the season again. I don't think my heart could take it!

Dont want to be melty because i'm normally pretty upbeat about us, but jesus, Saturday brought me back down with a bump.

xyspcnu7ccyagccvi5lf.gif

Just try and enjoy it until its no longer possible. But I know how you feel.

Southampton need to get something out of tomorrow's game with the chavs. I genuinely think that we need to be in a position to close the gap again before the NLD. I also think Saints will get a point. If we can go into that game 1-2 points behind the Chavs, then I think it's on.
We've made up an unbelievable amount of ground on them already & to see that lead ebbing away will affect them.

Southampton need to get something out of tomorrow's game with the chavs. I genuinely think that we need to be in a position to close the gap again before the NLD. I also think Saints will get a point. If we can go into that game 1-2 points behind the Chavs, then I think it's on.
We've made up an unbelievable amount of ground on them already & to see that lead ebbing away will affect them.

Tough ask though relying on Southampton away from home, don't see it. If they get a point I'll be ecstatic

Allardyce said he's looking to make huge changes. Though it's mostly mind games, it makes sense considering at home to Burnley at the weekend is a much bigger and safer 3 points for them.

As no one has responded to where they heard Davies was injured I assume he was not. Proof will come in the Press conference tomorrow as it will get mentioned whether he has recovered or not.
Palace will be difficult and have pace in attack. I would bring Walker and Davies back for Trippier and Son. If Davies is not fit then play Trippier at LWB. The dangers are the 2 wide Palace players setting up crosses for Benteke and we need to stop that supply. Quote from Sam
'"It has been hard work but we are looking up. We have five games to go but Tottenham on Wednesday will come too early. We will have to change the side to get fresh legs into the side. It is a big result today, it makes life so much easier."
I just hope that means resting 1 of the front players but like Saturday they will be on the bench and thrown on if they need a goal.
This match is really important to show the season is not going like last year. 3 points a must.
If we fail to get at least 2nd then although we will have more points than last year, it will not mean anything.

Personally, I wouldn't trust Southampton to turn up tomorrow as much as I'd trust Jimmy Savile in a room of 9 year-olds...
Gear yourselves up for the 7-point 'unassailable' lead come k.o on Wednesday... which we can miraculously cut to a distinctly attainable 4-point lead by winning against Palace!! (which we need to do first, otherwise the rest is irrelevant!)

It's next weekend that will tell us the most... if we're within 4 points of them come the weekend, then The NLD and CH£L$£A away at Everton that could see the gap properly torn into!

But there's a lot of football to be played between now and then, so I ain't planning where I'll stand for the Open Top Bus parade just yet!

Back
Top Bottom