The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Palace will do a number on LFC today (showing Poch how it should be done, I'm sorry to say).
Theyll be knackered for Weds and we'll beat them comfortably.

Exactly what happened 2 weeks ago. They beat Chavs but blew themselves out and were well beaten by Saints.

We'll come back strongly in the League. We've done it before after a lousy result in a cup semi. Pompey 0-2 followed by 2 of the best results I've ever seen in PL - beating Goons and Chavs in the space of a few days, and then Citeh to get top 4 first time ever. PL title still on. By Weds evening we could be one point behind, with Chavs away to EFC. Keep the faith.

Well you got the first part spot on, I hope the second part also comes true! :pochserious2:

Palace are on fire at the moment. Beaten the big boys, and Selhurst is already has an incredible atmosphere.

Gonna need to be on it from the start.

Feels strange to say after yesterday, but we have 6 cup finals now. We're still in it until it's mathematically over.

Wednesday will be a great chance to show how much we've matured.

Like to think this crop won't give Chelsea the satisfaction of ending our season again.

Palace 0-2 Spurs (Toby and Kane)

...there you are, positive thinking! ...and to think the Arse only have the 1 Cup Final... we've 5 more than them to look forward to!!

Palace will do a number on LFC today (showing Poch how it should be done, I'm sorry to say).
Theyll be knackered for Weds and we'll beat them comfortably.

Exactly what happened 2 weeks ago. They beat Chavs but blew themselves out and were well beaten by Saints.

We'll come back strongly in the League. We've done it before after a lousy result in a cup semi. Pompey 0-2 followed by 2 of the best results I've ever seen in PL - beating Goons and Chavs in the space of a few days, and then Citeh to get top 4 first time ever. PL title still on. By Weds evening we could be one point behind, with Chavs away to EFC. Keep the faith.

I think Sam Allardyce is thinking the hard work has been done;
BBC: "I can breathe a little easier. 38 points has been very good in the last 10 years. We have five games to go so this one is so important. We have Tottenham on Wednesday and Burnley after that. It lifts the pressure on us. I am worried these lads can't reach this level when they don't have time to recover. I may have to make huge changes to make sure we compete with Tottenham."

Palace now have a bit of breathing space and are even a few points off the top 10. I'm not as worried for the game as I would have been if Liverpool had won.

Palace needed points today after Hull and Swansea both won this weekend. They got their win. They will be tired midweek and it wouldn't surprise me to see Sam rotate. Especially as they have a much winnable game at home to the worst away team in the league at the weekend.

I don't want our players even remotely thinking about this past Saturday, so I hope Poch put their minds on finishing above Woolwich. I know that in the long term that shouldn't be the focus, but if we can finish above those bastards on Sunday it would be absolutely perfect. It would entirely erase the bad feelings we all still have right now. It might not be a trophy, but let's be honest. In our last season at White Hart Lane to say that we finished above Woolwich in the very last North London Derby to be held at our original ground, that's pretty incredible.

IF ben davies is injured then we should NOT play three at the back here. Playing 3 at the back works when we have our wing backs like Rose and Walker available. I hope Poch reverts to 4-2-3-1 here, Palace have beaten Chelsea, Woolwich and liverpool.They are a strong team.

-----------Kane-----------
Son----Eriksen---Ali
----Dembele-dier---------
Wim- Vert-Ald--Walker
-------Lloris-------------

Wimmer has the pace and technical ability to start LB is our third choice behind Rose and Davies.

IF ben davies is injured then we should NOT play three at the back here. Playing 3 at the back works when we have our wing backs like Rose and Walker available. I hope Poch reverts to 4-2-3-1 here, Palace have beaten Chelsea, Woolwich and liverpool.They are a strong team.

-----------Kane-----------
Son----Eriksen---Ali
----Dembele-dier---------
Wim- Vert-Ald--Walker
-------Lloris-------------

Wimmer has the pace and technical ability to start LB is our third choice behind Rose and Davies.
Agree with this line up except for Wimmer at LB. Would rather have Verts Lb and Wimmer central. Maybe even go with Trippier Lb just to keep the two belgians in the centre. Hoping Rose makes the bench for this and makes an appearance, might just be the lift we need. Tbh I'm less worried about this fixture than the Leicester away one. After our cup exit and Palace's excellent results, I think we will start this game very strongly. COYS

3-1 Spurs

Agree with this line up except for Wimmer at LB. Would rather have Verts Lb and Wimmer central. Maybe even go with Trippier Lb just to keep the two belgians in the centre. Hoping Rose makes the bench for this and makes an appearance, might just be the lift we need. Tbh I'm less worried about this fixture than the Leicester away one. After our cup exit and Palace's excellent results, I think we will start this game very strongly. COYS

3-1 Spurs

With Townsend & Zaha on the wings and benteke who is scoring ,I would be asking if Vertonghen can deal with either one of their pace?. I think we should do the least to unsettle our defense ie: keep the fantastic partnership of vertonghen & alderweireld in the centre.

Last edited:
This fixture is looking really tough. Palace have beaten Chelsea and Liverpool away and Woolwich 3-0 in the last couple of weeks...

One of the worst away games to be playing right now especially given the Wembley disappointment. Will make a huge statement if we win.

Back
Top Bottom