The mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want our players even remotely thinking about this past Saturday, so I hope Poch put their minds on finishing above Woolwich. I know that in the long term that shouldn't be the focus, but if we can finish above those bastards on Sunday it would be absolutely perfect. It would entirely erase the bad feelings we all still have right now. It might not be a trophy, but let's be honest. In our last season at White Hart Lane to say that we finished above Woolwich in the very last North London Derby to be held at our original ground, that's pretty incredible.

From seeing players interviews they all seem to talk about how their minds went last year and that they want to finish strong. I'm confident they will keep going in the same way they have been so far. It's a very tough game and dropping points does not indicate our heads have gone again. It's just simply a tough game either way. Hopefully rose back and Kane that bit more sharper and fitter.

Like most of the players said... we can do nothing about Chelsea now... we had that chance on Saturday, and the 'fates conspired' to let that one slip through our grasp... and somehow backspin away from the line!

ALL we can do is our job. Forget what Chelsea do now... they'll do what they do, and we just have to keep pace.
Difference is, unlike Leicester last season, where everyone was just waiting for the collapse, no one is expecting Chelsea to do that...
We just have to make sure we stay focussed and continue what we've been doing for pretty much every game this season, bar 2 or 3...
IF Chelsea are arrogant enough to assume the job is done, and they can go the rest of the season in 2nd gear and stroll to the title, they have another think coming... and we'll be waiting!

I just hope Harry doesn't post any more 'Lion' pics online between now and the end of the season!

Liverpool result definitely helped cheer me up but does indicate how hard this game will be.

Saying that I work with a big Palace fan and he reiterated Sams comments about having to rotate Wednesday because he can't get the same intensity/performance out of them in such a short period.

We've had an extra days rest plus we know what our fitness levels are like so hopefully we are playing them at the right time.

I can see the logic is Sam taking a hit on this one so they can be 100% for Burnley at the weekend which is a much bigger more winnable game for them.

There are two ways of looking at the previous result to try and gauge the next one...
HAD they lost at Liverpool, Wednesday would then be of much more urgency, and 'must win' (or at least must not lose) ...that instils nerves, and edginess that we could well take advantage of with a decent start...
That said, they did win yesterday, and will be buoyed by it... let's face it, any team who can beat Chelsea, Liverpool (away) and the Arse at home deserves respect! ...we haven't managed it for a while!

But does they mean they expended all their energies in doing so, and will therefore, somehow 'go easy' on Wednesday 'cos they're knackered??
I'm sure we're pretty mentally drained from Saturday, but if the noises being made inside the Spurs camp are anything to go by, we are focussed on getting back into the thick of it asap... and that's good to hear. No point moping about feeling sorry for ourselves...

Though I dunno whether Harry Kane coming out saying they'll try and win the title for Ugo was wise... it's a fucking tall ask, and if we don't, does that mean they didn't do it for him after all?
We'd have been better off winning the FA Cup for him if that was the case!! Only 2 games would've been needed, rather than 'just the 6' for that little feat!

Anyway, fucking put SaTURDay behind us... Palace won't be easy... but neither will WE!

The plus side for the match is we have one day extra to recover and undoubtedly the Liverpool game would have taken quite a lot out of the Palace players.

Allardyce has even mentioned "wholesale changes" but we saw the result of that on Saturday so I would add a layer of caution.

We will see what kind of new found reaolve we actually have this week. If we get past Palace then we can rest assured for the rest of the season. A loss creates that sense of here we go again.

I think we will react positively and however well Palace are playing they are not Chelsea but equally they are far from pushovers.

Will be a tough match.

Saturday is still a gaping wound.

Liverpool result definitely helped cheer me up but does indicate how hard this game will be.

Saying that I work with a big Palace fan and he reiterated Sams comments about having to rotate Wednesday because he can't get the same intensity/performance out of them in such a short period.

We've had an extra days rest plus we know what our fitness levels are like so hopefully we are playing them at the right time.

I can see the logic is Sam taking a hit on this one so they can be 100% for Burnley at the weekend which is a much bigger more winnable game for them.
On the flip side will Poch have one eye on us being 100% for the NLD?

Palace have had a ridiculous run mainly based on the form of Benteke (whose unplayable when in the mood) and Zaha. If Big Sam drops those two then it's less of a challenge, plus I think the Palace players will start to relax now after putting in some big performances and reaching safety.
Spurs won't implode like last year, as we are mentally tougher, but also the squad is in better shape and we have Rose returning for the crucial games.

Spurs won't implode like last year, as we are mentally tougher, but also the squad is in better shape and we have Rose returning for the crucial games.

Kid%20Nose%20Toy%20Drill.gif

Reckon Davies will be fit for this one - probably not what people want to hear, but I think Levy will have told Poch not to risk any players in the cup if it will mean they miss league games. Ultimately our number one aim is to try to win the league.

This is such a tough game. Palace are all but safe, they aren't going down, but a win would take them to 41 points which is that line that all clubs aim for. They also can catch the likes of West Brom and finish 8th which would be some achievement for them this season. And it's at their place. Plus Chelsea will be 7 points clear by the time we play as Southampton have fuck all to play for. The only thing that may help us is that we can still win the title as I think Everton are likely to take points of Chelsea and then anything can happen with a 1 or 2 point gap. Plus the players will want to put the FA cup game behind us and you can only do that with a win. So this is a massive test of mental strength for us.

Not really, we shouldnt be worrying about them and ultimately that could be the result that sees woolwich get top 4 so im sure they are far happier with that result..
Would rather be 5 points ahead of Liverpool than 2pts, even with the games in hand. Utd and City for 3rd and 4th if Pool drop out.
Fuck Woolwich, they are shit

Cut the passing line from Cabaye to Zaha and hope Toby is on top of his heading game as Benteke can be a monster when he's up for it, and lately he really seems up for it. He's one of those strikers that scores in batches of 4-5 games to go quiet for the same amount of games.

But then again, we have 4 players that are scoring on a regular basis vs a team that has puncheon, so why would we worry

Would rather be 5 points ahead of Liverpool than 2pts, even with the games in hand. Utd and City for 3rd and 4th if Pool drop out.
Fuck Woolwich, they are shit

It was a great result from Palace to mean that Liverpool may not make top four now. The Manchester teams only need to win half their games in hand to be ahead of Liverpool now. Not looking good for Liverpool thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom