The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very professional half of football we look like we have learnt from past mistakes, they're working our midfield but there is definitely more goals for us on the counter if we play the right balls. COYS

They're pushing back Aurier and Davies by essentially playing both their wingers alongside Aubameyang but wide. It means we're completely outnumbered in midfield. I would change to a back four I think, and put an extra body into central midfield.

We do look extremely dangerous on the counter attack and how about Kane so far!! Warrior performance.

It's arguably 3 midfielders for Dortmund against 2 for us.

Of course they were going to win the midfield battle.

But our defence is staying strong and our counter has them worried.

Seriously, this is what the UEFA Champions League is all about. This has been of a ridiculously high standard and I don't care what anyone says there isn't a team as good as Dortmund in England (even with players out they have been impressive). We haven't been involved in a game of such high technical quality in my memory IMO. No room for error but we have been very smart tactically, just need to compose ourselves on the ball a bit more at times. Sanchez, my God what a player. Aurier been good on the right, Vertonghen and Toby excellent. Kane is an icon, so prolific it is ridiculous.

Also, Mindblown is a cunt but hey just confirmation of what we already knew.

Dembele doesn't look fit. I can see why people want winks, but this is a huge step up, and he hasn't had many minutes this season, I don't think its a good idea.
Sissoko has played well for us, more mins than winks and he is powerful, he may just help us be able to nick another one on the counter.

They're pushing back Aurier and Davies by essentially playing both their wingers alongside Aubameyang but wide. It means we're completely outnumbered in midfield. I would change to a back four I think, and put an extra body into central midfield.

We do look extremely dangerous on the counter attack and how about Kane so far!! Warrior performance.
I'm just surprised by how clinical we've been, absolutely incredible

It's arguably 3 midfielders for Dortmund against 2 for us.

Of course they were going to win the midfield battle.

But our defence is staying strong and our counter has them worried.

Son's pace is frightening them. Said his Bundesliga experience would come in handy plus he's got a scoring habit against Dortmund.

This is exactly when we need a more assured footballer in midfield who can pick out accurate forward passes under pressure. I really wish we had got Andre Gomes or someone like that in the transfer window. I'm afraid our current options just aren't quite CL quality.

Dortmund are dominating midfield but they look clueless when they bypass that. They cannot beat our defence.

I'm surprised they haven't shot more from distance to be honest.

I don't know if Winks is physical enough/good enough defensively for a game like this
I would rather him on than Sissoko tbh, I don't think his first touch will be able to hold up in a game like this. Winks at least will compose us a bit. Can Sanchez play as a DM? Because I want us to go four at the back as I agree we are a bit outnumbered in the middle.

Sons goal was at least equally impressive but the FS has shown Sons goal once and Kanes goal about 4 times now. This is fucking discrimination

This game will show how far we've come.

And if we we make out of this game with the win, we KNOW it works. Lloris hasn't been tested (beyond the Yarmolenko wonder strike).

Liverpool will play us the SAME way - this is the way to beat them.

yeah was thinking the same myself, this will stand us in good stead for dippers and city. Will not be daunting at all after facing this kind of quality.

This is their weakened team too, lol

Maybe it's just me but I feel there are still hints of inexperience and deer in the headlights, but I do feel that we look a lot more mature than we did this time last year in Europe. I think we're definitely maturing.

As for this crap about Kane's foul, it's just undermining what was great play from Harry.

Harry needs to get nasty just as on the goal. A good captured ball on a rough play up field, another break, another goal.

Back
Top Bottom