The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur V BVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don Giovanni Don Giovanni
Do you really feel it necessary to troll this post?

6tcqb7.jpg

Need some admin to permaban Mindblown.

Hope your dad will be ok, Sal.

The kind of passing masterclass that we are getting from Dortmund is exactly what we lack in our midfield. Dembele and Dier just don't have anywhere near this level of passing ability. Playing on the counter like this, whilst not pretty to watch, is the only way we have against teams of this calibre. And hey, so far it's working!

I'm pleased Poch has went for a more humble counter-attacking style of play vs. a big opponent. I agree perhaps the formation isn't quite suiting some players such as Dembele but I disagree that we need more possession. We're happy for them to have the ball, stay in shape, then counter.

Don't mind the tactics, we just need to beef up the midfield. We are getting smoked there and just giving the ball away - too sloppy. I think Dembele should be off as well, but Poch won't make that change at half. I'd say 65 minutes.

And the Dortmund goal was offside on the buildup.

This game will show how far we've come.

And if we we make out of this game with the win, we KNOW it works. Lloris hasn't been tested (beyond the Yarmolenko wonder strike).

Liverpool will play us the SAME way - this is the way to beat them.

Dortmund are a class above. We're too deep. Technically they are wonderful but we're 2-1 up and I'll take that right now.

Hopefully they knacker a bit because we need something to happen to get our foot on the ball. Games like this I'd love Modric back in our midfield.

Another goal needed 100%

Maybe it's just me but I feel there are still hints of inexperience and deer in the headlights, but I do feel that we look a lot more mature than we did this time last year in Europe. I think we're definitely maturing.

As for this crap about Kane's foul, it's just undermining what was great play from Harry.

Back
Top Bottom