The mighty Spurs Vs Woolwich K.O: 16:30 Sunday 30th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Haven't managed to get a ticket for this one, thinking of heading down to the bricklayers just to feel the atmosphere anyone know what its like watching the games there only ever been pre or after matches.

Like you I am always there before and after, however my dad and brother were there for the NLD last year and from videos it looked pretty good.

If I did not have a ticket that's what I would do.

We're fucked. Merson has tipped us to blow them away:

"Credit to Woolwich for that performance in the FA Cup semi-final against Man City. I didn't see it coming.

But I cannot bring myself to back them to beat Tottenham on Sunday. I weigh it up and think, where do Woolwich win this game?

Alexis Sanchez needs the match of his life, Mesut Ozil needs to have an unbelievable performance, and it needs to go their way on the day.

Spurs maybe felt they just had to turn up at Palace and I think Big Sam's team shocked them a little bit. They must have got a rollicking at half-time, Mamadou Sakho then got injured and Mauricio Pochettino took off his holding midfielders.

In the end, they deserved to win and it was a massive three points. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going 3-1 to Spurs this weekend. There's a long way to go in this title race."

We're fucked. Merson has tipped us to blow them away:

"Credit to Woolwich for that performance in the FA Cup semi-final against Man City. I didn't see it coming.

But I cannot bring myself to back them to beat Tottenham on Sunday. I weigh it up and think, where do Woolwich win this game?

Alexis Sanchez needs the match of his life, Mesut Ozil needs to have an unbelievable performance, and it needs to go their way on the day.

Spurs maybe felt they just had to turn up at Palace and I think Big Sam's team shocked them a little bit. They must have got a rollicking at half-time, Mamadou Sakho then got injured and Mauricio Pochettino took off his holding midfielders.

In the end, they deserved to win and it was a massive three points. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm going 3-1 to Spurs this weekend. There's a long way to go in this title race."

Merson is normally right about Woolwich predictions - I think they are the only team he really watches closely

You see the problem i have with all this confidence is thus:

Even when we where proper Christian Gross, Justin Edinburgh, relegation-battling dross..... we would stand up and give them a game. Twice a season i would look forward to a performance from us. A decent cup run as well and i was happy. The rest was pretty arbitrary, as long as we stayed in the league.

Now that may say more about our level of understanding (from both players and fans) of what these games mean. But still, i think we would be foolish to think they won't turn up on Sunday.

Saying that, i think it would take an absolute shocker for us to lose this game.

Might me a bit out the way for us but enjoy!

Just been told that a mate has invited a Gooner along (FFS!) so not sure if he'll fancy deepest darkest Tottenham.

The White Hart in Stoke Newington has been suggested. Anyone know it? Is a moustache comb and a bag of vinyl required?
The white hart is very poncy good place to take the misses for a roast (No pun intended) not watch the football. If you want a good pub in that area go to the Yucatan. It's filled with nuttas but you will get an authentic NLD atmosphere.

New t-shirt ordered for running:

ra%2Cunisex_tshirt%2Cx1000%2C322e3f%3A696a94a5d4%2Cfront-c%2C235%2C200%2C225%2C294-bg%2Cffffff.lite-1u1.jpg

Even when we where proper Christian Gross, Justin Edinburgh, relegation-battling dross..... we would stand up and give them a game. Twice a season i would look forward to a performance from us. A decent cup run as well and i was happy. The rest was pretty arbitrary, as long as we stayed in the league.

Now that may say more about our level of understanding (from both players and fans) of what these games mean. But still, i think we would be foolish to think they won't turn up on Sunday.

Saying that, i think it would take an absolute shocker for us to lose this game.

I think, if you look back the "we used to compete with them" is a bit of a myth, we'd snatch the odd draw, i can remember us beating them under chalk bones with a TIM free kick and an iversen goal for the first time in ages and for years either side of that a lucky draw.

I think even if they do turn up, we still have enough to beat them. Alexis Sanchez is their only threat and he isn't even that good this season. I don't think we will smash them but I do think we will win with 2-1.

Worst case scenario

..................................Lloris

..................Toby...............Dier.................Jan

Walker............................................................Davies

...................Wanyama..................Sissoko

........Alli................................................Eriksen

.................................Kane

Subs:
Pau, Son, Janssen, Trippier, Wimmer

All day long take that....with the best case scenario being Rose and Dembele on the bench too

Worst case scenario

..................................Lloris

..................Toby...............Dier.................Jan

Walker............................................................Davies

...................Wanyama..................Sissoko

........Alli................................................Eriksen

.................................Kane

Subs:
Pau, Son, Janssen, Trippier, Wimmer

All day long take that....with the best case scenario being Rose and Dembele on the bench too

I'd put Eriksen in Sissoko's place and Son in Eriksen's

Back
Top Bottom