The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Finally able to do my "just back from the game" post.

A 6-0 game that ends 3-2.....can only be Spurs. We murdered them, and thought they were as poor as their fans. Not a peep.

Stood in 31 and the noise was really good actually.

Jan was immense, but shame about the slip for Lukaku, at least I think it was him?

Davies was brilliant today, but fuck me he likes to head first time instead of taking simple balls down on his chest.

Kyle is fast as fuck in real time. Ridiculous!

Ref was a fucking absolute cock. I have no idea what he was doing. Really poor.

Was a bit sad leaving as that's my last trip to The Lane now...had to have a good few last looks as I headed for the stairs, but she does look dated now behind the scenes I will admit. Still, a proper ground, a Queen of history...getting all emotional now.

Anyway, great day, fucking love Spurs

We officially clinched not being relegated. Such a relief.
3hYXiZiPzqGGI.gif

Only blemish is the second goal. Jan was absolutely fantastic today. He slipped once and that happens.

He was 10/10 before that.

unbelievably he has outshone Toby for a lot of season and been a collosus when Toby injured

5th year at lane he is a superb player

What I took from the Stoke game is how big the difference is between the top six sides and the rest (Stoke were 9th and we completely outplayed them, it was almost a non-contest).
The question is whether Everton are that much better that the sides below them? Are they closing the gap to the sides above them?
I think they are turning into a very good side under Koeman so this will be a difficult game.

Great great performance, Everton are a good side and we played them off the park. You can moan about the end and all but that is knit picking, this is a great result.

I want to say fair play to LEGO Boy LEGO Boy for passing on his ticket at face value. It might be my last time at the old Lane and I must admit did bring a tear to the eye walking out into the stand.

I was surprised how poor Everton were today. With both sides pushed up it got tight in midfield and that played right into our hands, with Wan and Moose running the show. Barkley & Davis etc couldn't get on the ball, so they ended up going long to Lukaku, meat and drink to Toby and Jan. Some dirty stuff from them too. Another very convincing team performance from us til we took our foot off the pedal late on. Their two goals totally flattered them. Could see us going unbeaten to the end of the season at home now.

:tobyarm:

What a team we have.. This lot has it all, 3-2 flattered the Toffee's. We should have been 4-0 up at half time.

Was nice to see Davies up his game and looked more comfortable in this set-up.
I'm just so glad that useless pile of Dung Schneiderlin chose Man Utd, he isn't fit to lace Victors boots.

"He's just a one season wonder" made me chuckle.

th

Loving a bit of Barney Ronay this morning:

Harry Kane finds pocket of calm amid Spurs’ high energy against Everton | Barney Ronay

"Kyle Walker was once again relentless, haring up and down his flank in apparent desperation all afternoon, great gnarly arms pumping, like a light-heavyweight boxer fleeing a nuclear blast zone. Wanyama robbed Tom Davies rather brutally by the touchline, taking the ball with a single swivel of his prodigious thighs, the thighs of four normal men compressed together into a single pair of avenging shorts."

Back
Top Bottom