The Mighty Spurs Vs. Everton .KO - 5th March 1:30 pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Another home game after a rejuvenating win against stoke city . Can't see any reason to change the team much so...

---------------Kane---------------------
------------Ali---Eriksen-----------------
-Davies--Dembele-Wany---Walker
--Vertonghen-Alderweireld-Dier
---------------Lloris-----------------------

Bench: Son, Trippier, Wimmer, Jassen, Sissoko, Winks, Vorm

NB: We need a big home atmosphere for this game, I am not seeing a lot separating us and everton right now on FORM , lets make WHL rumble.

Last edited:
Another home game after a rejuvenating win against stoke city . Can't see any reason to change the team much so...

----------Ali---Eriksen-----------------
-----Vertonghen-Alderweireld

Bench: Son, Trippier, Wimmer, Jassen, Sissoko, Winks...

Two at the back seems a bit risky.

----------Ali---Eriksen-----------------
-----Vertonghen-Alderweireld

Bench: Son, Trippier, Wimmer, Jassen, Sissoko, Winks...

10 players
6 subs

we're allowed :dembelefingers: more in our match day squad

A whole week off to prepare for this game! :tobyarm:
Can't see much change from today unless Rose is back, hopefully we will see Lamela on the bench for this one!

Everton will be a much harder team to break down than Stoke, plus they have a lot more fire power.

Keeping Lukaku quiet is paramount, something we've done well over recently meetings. Plus with the cover of Wanyama and Dembele we have strength and pace in there.

If Dele, Eriksen and Kane turn up like today then we should cause them all sorts of trouble

Same team as Stoke, unless Rose is fit.

- Lloris -
- Dier Alderwiereld Vertonghen -
- Walker Wanyama Dembele Davies -
- Dele Eriksen -
Kane​

7 games and counting left at the Lane, let's win all of them.

Would be hard not to go with the exact same team as long as everyone is 100% fit.

We pretty much have a weeks rest between every game from now until the end of the season so no excuses in terms of fitness. 1 goal conceded at home since November whist Everton have only won 2 away games since September (Leicester and Palace).
I think Everton won't be as hard as most people think. I don't think they'll sit back and I don't think they're good enough to sit back. Saying that, they have 5 cleansheets in their last 7 games but they haven't played anything like us away from home within that time.

Movement of Kane, Dele and Eriksen will be trouble for Williams and Funes Mori and I think the pace of Walker will cause all sorts of problems for Baines too. Schneiderlin and Gueye vs. Dembele and Wanyama should be one hell of a battle though.

Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich all play before us so we will be a bit of pressure on us if two of those win, luckily Liverpool have Woolwich so would be exceptional if both took points off eachother, expecting nothing but a walkover for United at home to Bournemouth.

We play before both Man City AND Chelsea though, so we could continue to be a point clear of City by the end of the weekend and also close the gap on Chelsea to 7 points to put a bit of pressure on them going into West Ham away.

Our last 8 fixtures against Everton at home:
0-0 Draw
2-1 Win
1-0 Win
2-2 Draw
2-0 Win
1-1 Draw
2-0 Win

Lloris
Dier - Toby - Jan
Walker - Wanyama - Dembele - Davies
Dele - Eriksen