The Mighty Spurs vs Everton, 12th May 15.00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wasn't expecting a very good game before KO and it lived up to that billing. Our start (first 25mins) was actually way better than I was expecting and as usual, we could have put 2 or 3 past them in this time.

I'm actually a bit irked that we didn't sneak 3rd, I think were deserved it on balance of the season.

Anyway, Poch said before a ball was kicked that he was expecting this to be a very hard season and boy he wasn't wrong. So much of the clubs resources dealing with the stadium. Most of the team still at the World Cup for the final stages meaning about a week of pre-season, remaining at Wembley which with every passing game became just became a torrid chor. Injury, following injury (hopefully due to the World Cup exploits, I say hopefully because if it wasn't then we need to look at what we are doing). Playing at Stadium MK, playing only PL clubs and rivals in the League Cup all away from home, losing to Chavs in another semi-final when on any previous occasion we would have gone through on away goals. Having no midfield.

All in all, we've done well.

Scum playing on Thursday night because they are shite. And to finish the season in the final of the biggest Club Cup competition on the planet is beyond our wildest dreams.

Had a family do, didn't see the game, checked scores about 4 times. I couldn't give the tightest rat's arse about losing 3rd space to Chelsea. I'd rather it'd had been the other way around but fuck it, way bigger fish to fry.

The family do was a great one

Great day to give the players a huge send-off before the CL Final (please) but even if we've lost we will still have played 57 competitive games this season, that's a staggering 16 more than Everton ... that's the huge difference between top six and the rest, and we should acknowledge that tremendous effort ....

Man Utd losing at home to Cardiff.

source.gif

Not a fuck given about this result. We did what we had to do and got the point needed against a team that has been in form. No slip ups and 4th in the bag (3rd would have been nice, but hey ho) Only blemish is that little cunt Walcott scoring but fuck him.
Upwards and onwards. Next stop, a CL final in Madrid. Not bad really.

The CL Final is 3 weeks away. The last thing we need is a few early goon goals and we’re under pressure. I want a win and a strong team.

I definitely want it taken seriously, hopefully Chelsea lose and we win, we can then take 3rd place back. Means a lot to be above them. Just win the game and no messing about.

Back
Top Bottom