The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really care who likes us, to be honest. Maybe being hated makes you into a team of champions.
totally agree. Suprised so many are so desperate to be loved by the media.
& get so annoyed & upset when other teams get media love.
Who cares.

Totally agree. the idea that the media present that Chelsea decided the title is only a true technically, in reality it was decided against West Brom and arguably before that even.
I think Leicester will challenge for top four next season. They have had a lot of luck it is true, but they can buy in some more players now and they have a huge advantage over us which is London derbies. The truth is that we play loads of derbies and these games are harder to win. Even if you only count Woolwich, West Ham and Chelsea that is 18 points that is much harder to get than Leicester when they play those three teams.

Anyway, we have improved massively this season, way above expectations and I am certain that the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea are not happy about that. They know we will challenge next season and it isn't a fluke and that will worry them a lot. I really think our poor start to the season cost us, which was mainly down to fans not being 100% sure of Poch back then and the players not yet knowing how he wanted them to play. Plus some bad luck. We will get off to a great start next season.

I am sure he will fix our dropping points from winning positions too. My feeling is that we should have put ten men behind the ball in games like that, but I think Poch actually just wants to destroy teams instead and to do that we will need to get one or two more players in. It's going to be a great season coming up.

Credit to Leicester, they have been lucky but you can't blame them for that, they took their chances and have a great team ethos like we do. I hope they enjoy it.
I just hope that our prep for next season isn't too stunted due to 80% of our side being at the Euros. Ideally they all need a good summer break and recharge before returning to the tough pre season regime that Poch will have planned.

I just had a horrible, horrible realization!!! I don't want Terry to retire. I'll miss him :walkercry:

Okay, I won't miss him, but I so want him to be there for as long as at all possible, now that we're finally the vastly superior team. I want him in pain, I want him to be there when he humiliate them, and most of all I want him to be there when we finally break that record away to them next year :levyeyes:

I love the fact that Spurs refuse to be bullied anymore. Seems like many preferred the days when we were a soft touch & just rolled over for teams because it gave us the moral high ground.

Fuck Chelsea, fuck their players & fuck their fans.

The recklessness of the spurs players is something we should be ashamed of. I don't mind tough tackles, it's great to see a spurs side being physical, and football in general to be honest. But there is no excuse for Dembele putting his fingers in Costa's eyes; or Llamela stamping on Fàbregas' hand or Walker flicking blood at Costa.

Those things are pedantic and childish and will just get you banned.
I agree, but at the same time the Chelsea players are dirty, cheating wankers. Clattenburg behaves as if he's on the take. He would just wave off 75% of their challenges, dives and play acting, while penalising all of our transgressions. They should've had just as many cards as us yesterday, especially the cunt Costa. I feel Clattenburg's approach changed the game because it unfairly frustrated our players and generally created a situation where in the second half half the squad were already on yellows - which inevitably means more cautious play.

It's why I felt so angry last night. Chelsea were the better team in the second half, but I feel they were given the advantage by Clattenburg.

Last edited:
true. But i think its clear they struggled to handle the highest pressure games in the title race.
& last night the pressure got to them & they lost their heads & acted like dumb thugs.
Just what chelsea wanted.

The best teams seem to rise in the biggest games.
Something for us to learn to do.

We are a better footballing team than leicester.
But they were mentally a lot stronger than us this season.

If leicester had acted like us last night can u imagine the posts on here! But it was us, so its great passion!

Runners up spot still for the taking.
& that will be bloody amazing!
Proud of our team this season, but not proud of last night. i cant support trying to gouge someones eye out & all the nasty fouls & kicking off the ball.
We are better than that.

I dont think poch will be saying well done lads.
Just as we planned. Great passion.

Maybe dier will try to gouge out wanyamas eye next game & we can celebrate. Proper passion that.
Yeah. Who cares that we didnt win & hes suspended for a few games.

I agree that our guys were foolish and gave away the chance of winning the game by losing their heads. But to say that it doesn't happen to the big one is wrong.

You see it when Real meets Barca, and you've seen it in many important PL games between top teams.

We're obviously a bit inexperienced though, and went overboard. I do think that happened partly because of how 'everyone' has rooted for Leicester, while both our players and our manager has been building pressure on themselves by talking about the title for so long, and while being frustrated seeing few slipups from Leicester. That plus playing a derby, in a ground where we haven't won in more than the lifetime of our avg first tram player, against a bunch of cunts who've stated in the media that they want Leicester to win. It was always going to get nasty, and it would for anyone in our situation.

I'm sad it happened though, as I hoped and thought we were better than that.

Who gives a fuck about that? I could not care one iota what any other team's fans think about Spurs, they don't support spurs so they can all fuck off. And Id hope they feel the same about me.

Yup, that's the attitude of the 'typical' spurs football fan and explains my point perfectly.

The bigger picture is the young football fans, the schoolboys and school girls who are just being exposed to this game and have yet to pick a team to support. We've gained a LOT of those this season; and last night's antics has severely damaged that.

These boys & girls are tomorrow's supporters, so you should "give a fuck" about them.

I agree that our guys were foolish and gave away the chance of winning the game by losing their heads. But to say that it doesn't happen to the big one is wrong.

You see it when Real meets Barca, and you've seen it in many important PL games between top teams.

We're obviously a bit inexperienced though, and went overboard. I do think that happened partly because of how 'everyone' has rooted for Leicester, while both our players and our manager has been building pressure on themselves by talking about the title for so long, and while being frustrated seeing few slipups from Leicester. That plus playing a derby, in a ground where we haven't won in more than the lifetime of our avg first tram player, against a bunch of cunts who've stated in the media that they want Leicester to win. It was always going to get nasty, and it would for anyone in our situation.

I'm sad it happened though, as I hoped and thought we were better than that.
true. But i think a better team mentally would have been more likely to not lose their heads like we did.
But you are right, even the best teams do sometimes.

Yup, that's the attitude of the 'typical' spurs football fan and explains my point perfectly.

The bigger picture is the young football fans, the schoolboys and school girls who are just being exposed to this game and have yet to pick a team to support . These boys & girls are tomorrow's supporters, you should be "giving a fuck" about them.

You're sounding like a Leicester fan mate.

Hazard and Fabregas. Two men you wouldn't like to get nicked with.
Chav fans highlight of the season:
Watching their players only show of fight & courage to ensure it was mathematically impossible for LCFC not to take their title; the title those same players, driven by ulterior motives, pathetically defended all season .

I agree, but at the same time the Chelsea players are dirty, cheating wankers. Clattenburg behavess as if he's on the take. He would just wave off 75% of their challenges, dives and play acting, while penalising all of transgressions. They should've had just as many cards as us yesterday, especially the cunt Costa. I feel Clattenburg's approach changed the game because it unfairly frustrated our players and generally created a situation where in the second half half the squad were already on yellows - which inevitably means more cautious play.

It's why I felt so angry last night. Chelsea were the better team in the second half, but I feel they were given the advantage by Clattenburg.

The Chavs were equally as dirty as us, yet how many of those cunts got booked? I still think Clattenburg and Fabregas we busy comparing hairplug tips.

Because I can remain impartial?

You're the kind of supporter who happily shouts "fuck off you fucking cunts" in front of little kids aint ya buddy? Tottenham forever.

We should also be well ashamed that our kids are watching diving, playacting and feigning serious injury. Not to mentioned surrounding the ref and calling for a red card. I see them copying those antics every week. It's shameful to see. Also the ref surrounding and card waiving antics are being copied by kids.

Hazard was so seriously injured & his team mates were so concerned they all surrounded the ref.
I would be more worried about my kid copying those antics. Was Dier's tackle that serious really? Seem much worse. Then again watched football in the 70's.
I don't condone swearing in front of kids, but then again those words are used in songs in the majority of stadiums.
I also suspect kids will hear the words fucking and cunt in much less harsher environments than a passion fuelled football stadium.

We should also be well ashamed that our kids are watching diving, playacting and feigning serious injury. Not to mentioned surrounding the ref and calling for a red card. I see them copying those antics every week. It's shameful to see. Also the ref surrounding and card waiving antics are being copied by kids.

Hazard was so seriously injured & his team mates were so concerned they all surrounded the ref.
I would be more worried about my kid copying those antics. Was Dier's tackle that serious really? Seem much worse. Then again watched football in the 70's.
I don't condone swearing in front of kids, but then again those words are used in songs in the majority of stadiums.
I also suspect kids will hear the words fucking and cunt in much less harsher environments than a passion fuelled football stadium.

Diving and invisible card waiving doesn't excuse our lads from eye gouging and hand stamping; no matter how much you spin it or how much you love spurs.

I don't want to see kids diving, but it's the lesser of 2 evils if you throw in eye gouging and you know it.

We all hate Costa because he does these things, but when our lads do it it's all OK on here.

Because I can remain impartial?

You're the kind of supporter who happily shouts "fuck off you fucking cunts" in front of little kids aint ya buddy? Tottenham forever.

No not at all. I am the type of supporter who happily watches Spurs players go in a little harder than they would on a normal day because they let themselves get heated in an unfamiliar moment. Nothing that happened last night is unforgivable.

Other team's fans (to which we both referred) and kids who have yet to pick a team (to which you now refer for some reason?) are completely separate things. Incomparable.

Forgive me if our disagreement has come about from your use of the words "neutral fans" when you actually meant "children who have yet to pick a team" I should have picked up on that and I apologise. :pocheyes:

Diving and invisible card waiving doesn't excuse our lads from eye gouging and hand stamping; no matter how much you spin it or how much you love spurs.

I don't want to see kids diving, but it's the lesser of 2 evils if you throw in eye gouging and you know it.

We all hate Costa because he does these things, but when our lads do it it's all OK on here.

To be pedantic, it wasn't hand stamping he walked on it not stamped on it

I enjoyed every single on of those hard, nasty challenges and off ball incidences from us last night.

If it were Leicester doing it against Chelsea, the media would say "it was the performance needed to be worthy champions" or "they showed the fight needed in big games like this"...

Fuck Chelsea, fuck the media, fuck Sky Sports, fuck Leicester, love Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom