The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I both love and hate the fact that their players got kicked a bout last night. Loved watching Fabregas roll about and then spring up when he realised nobody was really paying him any intention. Modern footballers in a nutshell right there.
But I hated that the lads didn't just concentrate on the game being about them and not the opposition (regardless of who the opposition is) - play your own game and frustrate the opposition with fast football. God knows we have the ability to do that.

Oh, and the absolute STATE of gooners on Twitter calling for a points deduction. Soooo desperate. :kaneshh:

Abramovich the cunt at the top. Jewish owner who regulary listens to his own fans spout vile anti semitic abuse and not a fucking squeak out of him. The shit rolls down from the top of the hill at that club, straight on to the racist captain, mercenary players and neanderthal fans. They deserve each other.

I'm not buying into the narrative of the likes of Arse, West Ham and Chelsea fans think we lost the title and we certainly didn't lose it tonight.

At no point this season have we been top of the league yet our rivals want to give us shit as if we've done a Liverpool or a Newcastle. That's just plain bullshit.

The title has never been ours to lose.

We've vastly exceeded expectations this season and should be proud. It's of course typical that an absolute freak of a season from Leicester is the only reason we aren't top but that's out if our hands.

As I've said in previous posts I'm gutted we didn't pick up the 3 points to stick it up those cunts and help secure finishing above the scum but I'm not going to get upset about the title. The Leicester story seems as though it was written from day 1 and not a single things has gone against them all season. Fair play to them. I have little doubt they'll be struggling mid table next season where as we have a real foundation to push in from now.

The future is bright....etc etc

Totally agree. the idea that the media present that Chelsea decided the title is only a true technically, in reality it was decided against West Brom and arguably before that even.
I think Leicester will challenge for top four next season. They have had a lot of luck it is true, but they can buy in some more players now and they have a huge advantage over us which is London derbies. The truth is that we play loads of derbies and these games are harder to win. Even if you only count Woolwich, West Ham and Chelsea that is 18 points that is much harder to get than Leicester when they play those three teams.

Anyway, we have improved massively this season, way above expectations and I am certain that the likes of Woolwich and Chelsea are not happy about that. They know we will challenge next season and it isn't a fluke and that will worry them a lot. I really think our poor start to the season cost us, which was mainly down to fans not being 100% sure of Poch back then and the players not yet knowing how he wanted them to play. Plus some bad luck. We will get off to a great start next season.

I am sure he will fix our dropping points from winning positions too. My feeling is that we should have put ten men behind the ball in games like that, but I think Poch actually just wants to destroy teams instead and to do that we will need to get one or two more players in. It's going to be a great season coming up.

Credit to Leicester, they have been lucky but you can't blame them for that, they took their chances and have a great team ethos like we do. I hope they enjoy it.

I am sure he will fix our dropping points from winning positions too. My feeling is that we should have put ten men behind the ball in games like that, but I think Poch actually just wants to destroy teams instead and to do that we will need to get one or two more players in. It's going to be a great season coming up.

I reckon he knows how he wants to play, and games like last night are part of the education. Bank that experience, it will be handy down the line.

Just a quick note. On a forum all the way on the other side of the earth and the attitude by chav fans about how their club is run and the moral fibre of the man that bought their success is sickening.

They simply do not care that their owner is a despicable human being and captain is a racist. We lost the title to a side that frankly I don't begrudge their success at all. They earned their title and well done to the Foxes but CFC giving stick this morning because they ended the charge. Just fuck off

Having any of you UK based fans ever quizzed one of them about ho they can follow a club so devoid of a moral compass. Being a bystander is just as bad..

Still find it amazing that after 15 years of success it took only 6 months for Chelsea to become West Ham again.
This will be realised by their support soon. They must question, why couldn't the players show the same commitment, as against us, all season.You have to hand it to them, they even fucked over their own supporters.

Last edited:
Wow. that is how shit their season has been that they've managed to delude themselves that they stopped us getting the title. Just wow.

One of my mates is Chelsea, backs this up by saying "up there with the cup finals when you've won so many".
Very small time but they've not had much else to celebrate this season.

This will be released by their support soon. They must question, why couldn't the players show the same commitment, as against us, all season.You have to hand it to them, they even fucked over their own supporters.

Those stupid mugs seem to have lapped it up. Suddenly Hazard is a world beater again, having spent the last 9 months looking like someone who didn't care due to an impending move elsewhere. Terry whilst a complete cunt at least cares and he's off.

The recklessness of the spurs players is something we should be ashamed of. I don't mind tough tackles, it's great to see a spurs side being physical, and football in general to be honest. But there is no excuse for Dembele putting his fingers in Costa's eyes; or Llamela stamping on Fàbregas' hand or Walker flicking blood at Costa.

Those things are pedantic and childish and will just get you banned.

If Costa had done any of those things to one of our lads there would be outrage on here - take the blinkers off and see it for what it is. We are very lucky that the story is Leicester winning the league, otherwise the behaviour of our players would be all the news is talking about today.

We've done so much to win over the hearts of many neutral fans, and this has just undone all of that and has killed of our chance of winning the league.

I'm proud of the boys - but they need to learn from that and absolutely must get it back together and finish above Woolwich.

No doubt the FA will be poring over the videos of that match, looking to hand out some retro punishments.
Well they had better have a long hard look at Clusterfucks performance as well, totally fucking inept from start to finish.

Was Diers tackle on Hazard a red card? Don't think so. He caught his foot, well his heel. Hazard, like all good Chav players, rolled around and made out he was hurt real bad. So bad that not one of his team mates went to his aid. They were all too busy making sure Clattenburg got his red card out.
Fabregas is a fucking disgrace too.
Funny it's both these two.

Every season there will be games that could of and should of. There are factors to take in, other just than the result itself. I feel its wrong to look back and question. You play the game on the day and move on.

"And before anyone gives me shit; Would Leicester have slipped up tonight, 2-0 up?"
They may have never been 2-0 up?
We are different teams , playing different football. We can only learn form this and get better.
true. But i think its clear they struggled to handle the highest pressure games in the title race.
& last night the pressure got to them & they lost their heads & acted like dumb thugs.
Just what chelsea wanted.

The best teams seem to rise in the biggest games.
Something for us to learn to do.

We are a better footballing team than leicester.
But they were mentally a lot stronger than us this season.

If leicester had acted like us last night can u imagine the posts on here! But it was us, so its great passion!

Runners up spot still for the taking.
& that will be bloody amazing!
Proud of our team this season, but not proud of last night. i cant support trying to gouge someones eye out & all the nasty fouls & kicking off the ball.
We are better than that.

I dont think poch will be saying well done lads.
Just as we planned. Great passion.

Maybe dier will try to gouge out wanyamas eye next game & we can celebrate. Proper passion that.
Yeah. Who cares that we didnt win & hes suspended for a few games.

No doubt the FA will be poring over the videos of that match, looking to hand out some retro punishments.
Well they had better have a long hard look at Clusterfucks performance as well, totally fucking inept from start to finish.

If he'd have gotten the cards out quicker the game may not have been so dirty - but then we'd be moaning he killed the game, it's a derby tackles should be expected etc. Rose and Walker would have been booked, at best very early doors and that alone would have killed us.

The recklessness of the spurs players is something we should be ashamed of. I don't mind tough tackles, it's great to see a spurs side being physical, and football in general to be honest. But there is no excuse for Dembele putting his fingers in Costa's eyes; or Llamela stamping on Fàbregas' hand or Walker flicking blood at Costa.

Those things are pedantic and childish and will just get you banned.

If Costa had done any of those things to one of our lads there would be outrage on here - take the blinkers off and see it for what it is. We are very lucky that the story is Leicester winning the league, otherwise the behaviour of our players would be all the news is talking about today.

We've done so much to win over the hearts of many neutral fans, and this has just undone all of that and has killed of our chance of winning the league.

I'm proud of the boys - but they need to learn from that and absolutely must get it back together and finish above Woolwich.

Who gives a fuck about that? I could not care one iota what any other team's fans think about Spurs, they don't support spurs so they can all fuck off. And Id hope they feel the same about me.

Back
Top Bottom