The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you even including the 87th minute offence that they are referring to? that's the Dier tackle right?
what exactly did our players do wrong besides Dier who made that tackle? The chelski players were the ones running to the ref and shouting..we did nothing so that one will be thrown out for a start.

I'm not even complaining about what we did as players or a club, i'm only going by what charges have been issued.
One is 3 counts of failing to control players and Dembele eye gouging.

It was mentioned that no one club has been charged with 3 offences of failing to control players in a single game.

Are you even including the 87th minute offence that they are referring to? that's the Dier tackle right?
what exactly did our players do wrong besides Dier who made that tackle? The chelski players were the ones running to the ref and shouting..we did nothing so that one will be thrown out for a start.
Yeah, I'm not sure how much we can be blamed for 'not controlling our players' if it's the Chelsea lot who immediately surround our guys. In fact, when you watch that one back Dier is trying to walk away from the huddle the whole time.

And we haven't even discussed the fact that the trouble after the final whistle is very hard to find the origin of... Didn't that guy in the Independent seem to think that Fabregas instigated it?

i get you but i'm asking you a question. In what world will the 87th minute charge stand? what exactly did we do wrong that constitutes as us not being able to control our players on that Dier tackle besides the tackle itself? there was no confrontation or anything after? only chelski players running at the ref so i don't really know where the FA are going with that (the other 2 are fair charges).

I guess that remains to be seen as they have only said 3 offences.. I don't think they have said which 3, although I think that one was at the final whistle and one in the tunnel but that's only how I see it.

One good thing is we have the best lawyers at our club and Levy will be working on this as we speak.

Not sure that anyone knows what the FA rules are and how much they have clamped down on this sort of thing.

My guess is a massive record fine but as it's Spurs I wouldn't be surprised if they relegated us to the conference league, stripped us of all our trophies and made us play all our games at the old Plough Lane..

or 50 lashes with a knotted boot lace for each player..

Basically, aint got a Scooby.
So true lol.

They and their shit fans have turned into such a bunch of entitled whiny cunts that they can't stand the though of anyone putting a tackle on them, let alone showing them up for once for what they are. Everyone keeps showing and talking about us, but I find it funny how nobody is showing it in the context of what they were doing as well.

I seriously saw comments last night of people blasting Walker for throwing blood on Costa, with absolutely nothing about how he came to have a bloody nose.

This video has been taken down. There is a clear moment on it when Costa puts his head into vert- its a head butt.
Wheres the footage now?

Another thing that also doesn't sit write with me on the Dembele thing is that in order for a retrospective ban is that the officials have to say they didn't see it:
Chnrlm4WwAACru5.jpg
Exactly! Which I found so weird when the FA said none of the match officials saw it.

We can't take this charge lying down.

Fuck the FA. We should sue them.

All the cunt behavior Chelsea continue to get away with is embarrassing. I hope Levy hires a bunch of lawyers and eviscerates them.

Get Fabregas, Costa, Hazard banned. Chelsea fined for continuing the despicable tactics.

We can't take this charge lying down.

Fuck the FA. We should sue them.

All the cunt behavior Chelsea continue to get away with is embarrassing. I hope Levy hires a bunch of lawyers and eviscerates them.

Get Fabregas, Costa, Hazard banned. Chelsea fined for continuing the despicable tactics.
I suppose it all comes down to what the FA plan on issuing as punishment: we could plead guilty and hope for leniency on all charges so long as we don't suspect there'd be a points reduction attached.

Any fine they throw our way would be irrelevant compared to that.

Linesmans blind apparently so he definitely didn't see it, he uses echo location to figure out whoses offside.

:myword:

No way on earth can you say he didn't see it. What Dembele did was virtually identical to Torres on Verts who didn't get banned and like that incident it was clearly seen. If he gets a massive ban say 10 games we would have huge grounds for appeal. The officials are clearly lying and it would be over the top punishment.

Like I say, apparently the rules have changed since the Torres offence. It remains to be seen what their new punishment policy is.
The officials clearly saw it so they will need to say why they didn't act there and then.

Clatenburg is the golden boy so the FA will protect him if possible.

I don't think I will get a good night's sleep until we know we're not getting a points deduction. I know it's extremely unlikely, but still. It would be very Spursy...and that makes me think it will happen.
It's not like the FA haven't fucked us over before...

2006 remembered: The food-poisoning bug that cost Tottenham Hotspur their Champions League dream

And not only is Southampton in form, they'll actively want to get one over on us for nicking Pochettino.

OK. So there it is...
Hands up who knew he was a Yid before they watched that??
I did not. I'd assumed he was gonna be a fat gloating plastic bandwagon Chelsea fan...

There I was, all ready to lambast them for plumbing new depths...

...when in fact it's MUSICAL GENIUS & SOUL SENSATION VAGNER who proved me wrong...
Gawd bless the talentless ol'duffer.

He may be awful, but he's OUR awful!
I agree. Let's revel in the awfulness.

:eriksenlol:

Go in all guns blazing and on the offensive.

Ask for a clear and reasonable explanation as to why Spurs were scheduled on Monday nights 3 weeks in a row during the run in, but Leicester were not scheduled to play after us once.

Ask why, when betting on games by players is forbidden because it could lead to allegations of collusion , Fabregas and Hazard stating in public categorically that they wanted Leicester , not Spurs to win the title, and the fact they had to yet face both teams did not carry any whiff of collusion, and no action was taken against either player.
Yes agree. THFC should seek legal advice and dig in and fight. The ref must take some responsibility and be questioned.

Amazed to not hear of any tear ups after the game. After a match like that I would have expected murders

There was one guy, in his 50s out cold on the bridge over the railway, blood coming out of his mouth, and the police trying to wake him. From what I saw they had a fella that I assume was the suspect up against the bridge wall. Must have happened 5 or so seconds before we got to that point on the bridge. No idea who supported who, and it was packed, so I expect some others saw it also.

I would contest every charge thrown at us and ask for every incident on video to be viewed and assessed. I feel we should stick up for the players. I feel like we are being bullied by the big boys. The ref clearly saw and ignored a few incidents, Hazards hand to Masons face. Mikel slap to Dembeles face (at the start), Costas headbut into Vertongens face. The video clearly shows the ref looking and walking directly to the incident. There are plenty more. Fibreshit putting his hand into both officials faces in an aggressive manner, telling them to look. The ref even obliging to look, coward.

This is clear discrimination against us. I can only guess as to why but choose not to say. For Sky it just promotes the bad guy image they want everyone to see in contrast to the good guys.

This is making me so made, so angry I hate everything about PL at the moment.
I have had that feeling for a very long time - credit to Spurs to achieve 2nd with hostile reffing all season.

From Premier League website;
Most fouls committed;
1. Crystal Palace 448
2. Tottenham 439
3. Man.Utd 436
------
18. West Spam 353
19. Bournemouth 348
20 Woolwich 328

Therefore despite Spurs playing clearly the best, most attractive football in the PL, we are one of the dirtiest teams in the PL, and Sky's most shown team Woolwich the cleanest. Tells a story on it's own....

Back
Top Bottom