The Mighty Spurs vs. Chavs FC (Away) :2nd may 16

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we appeal doesn't the appeal have to be heard and judged before Dembele can be banned?

Could for example we appeal and if the appeal is not heard before the Saints game he be still eligible.

Here's the players that "shamed football" according to the ever-lovely Daily Mail out having lunch today...

ChnzkUkXEAAOnOq.jpg

I can't see Toby in that picture.

He could get a 5 match ban turned into a 10. I agree with Paddy - take what's coming.
Ah, well if that'd be the difference made by appealing, then I can see your point.

I'd rather the games at the end of the season get taken into account than him serving a full five at the start of next season
I disagree here - but only because I believe we'll have proper CM backup by then who can take his place.

Well, seems like we should assume we'll be without him on Sunday. Cometh the hour, cometh the N'Jie?
Eriksen moved back alongside Dier with: Clinton, Lamela, Son as our CAM trio?

We should appeal dembele's one on the grounds that the lino saw it. Sure it will be thrown out and he'll get an extra game or 2 ban but it's worth it having him available for the Southampton game.

Dembele and the club are in big trouble no doubt about it..

3 breeches of failing to control players is serious and Dembele's violent conduct goes beyond the 3 game ban.
Even since the Suarez bite, the rules have changed and the FA are clamping down on this in a big way.

I just hope they take into a account the comMents made by that snivelling little girl Fabregas and Hazzard as well as Willian
Their comments definitely had a part to play in the manner this game was played.

Fucking hell, could a points deduction be coming up ?

We will be hit with a massive fine but posts deduction? Give me a break. This is our second offence of the season...I think if it was our 3rd we'd probably be looking at a 1 point deduction but this one will be 'lat warning'.

Just found this

On 20 October 1990, Manchester United Football Club faced Woolwich Football Club in a Football League First Division fixture at Old Trafford, during the 1990โ€“91 season. Woolwich won by a single goal, but the game was best remembered for a brawl between both teams. The Football Association (FA) took the unprecedented step of deducting league points from the two clubs.

Well that was pre premier league so hopefully they can't use that. The rules have changed a lot, some for better some for worse.

i really don't see the issue being kicked up so badly here. Chelsea had a game plan to wind us up, we fell for it hook line and sinker and embarrassed ourselves in the process. if a few pansy tackles was worth throwing the league away then i must be the wrong kind of fan

We will be hit with a massive fine but posts deduction? Give me a break. This is our second offence of the season...I think if it was our 3rd we'd probably be looking at a 1 point deduction but this one will be 'lat warning'.

You clearly know more than the man from the FA on the radio earlier then, as he said it is a possibility.

The United Woolwich one was a full out brawl wasn't it? There was not even a punch thrown in this one. They will probably make an example out of dembele but a deduction? Give me a break.

There has never been a case of 3 offences of failing to control players in one game.
This is the big issue..Should be a massive fine but despite what some think they know, other punishments are a possibility.

Completely agree, do the crime and all that....

My only issue is what has gone on before
Not charged.
Chn4PorWsAAVrKv.jpg

Not charged
Chn4Po7WEAA8HJC.jpg

Not charged
fernando-torres_2696781b.jpg
Good one Guido - double standards methinks! If they try to take any points away we should threaten to sue them as Alan Sugar did, and they gave in. Also no way Dembele should get 10 game ban as anti Spurs press are trying to suggest.
5 game max!

There has never been a case of 3 offences of failing to control players in one game.
This is the big issue..Should be a massive fine but despite what some think they know, other punishments are a possibility.
Are you even including the 87th minute offence that they are referring to? that's the Dier tackle right?
what exactly did our players do wrong besides Dier who made that tackle? The chelski players were the ones running to the ref and shouting..we did nothing so that one will be thrown out for a start.

Back
Top Bottom