The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he looked miles onside personally. It makes it even sweeter in my opinion.

Fuck those pricks banging on about cheating. I've never forgotten Balotelli attempting to give Parker a haircut with his studs before winning and slotting home a penalty in injury time.

Winks was quality as well

If Chelsea win they have won the league pretty much

Assuming this is true.........then the goal is to finish top 4....... right? However, based on our performance this season in the CL, the real trophy/goal may be finishing above the Gooners.
I'm sure those two will go hand in hand.

COYS!

Part of the problem yesterday was that we didn't expect a press from City. We have played a few teams who have tried to press us before, and we have managed to play out of that press. But I think yesterday Poch didn't see it coming from City so that was why we struggled. We have to learn that in that situation if you are under pressure and struggling, you just have to ride it out which actually means kicking it up field, so that you avoid giving the ball away around your penalty box. There is no harm in doing that, particularly in the first half of a game so that you can make changes at half time.

That especially goes for goalkeeping. Kicking it either to a player with face to goal, or out wide to wing backs is especially dangerous when being pressed because the player must turn or the ball must travel out wide, both of which takes time and allows the opposition to close your player down. We just have to be able to kick it up field in that situation instead to relieve the pressure and stop nervousness building.

And finally, in midfield, players like Dembele are key - and we should have bought Winks on much earlier too - as when the opposition are putting you under pressure AND closing down the passing options, the way to break the press is to run past the first player. That breaks the press and also complicates the oppositions task going forward as a pass is not necessarily the ball you will try to play and so suddenly they can end up with a player out of position and a second player beat. We need to be ready to adapt like this whenever a team decides to press us which may or may not be expected.

The stamping and screaming from the spoilt Arab Brats on BlueMoon is hilarious..
They reckon walker and Rose are diving play actors but reckon Sterling is too honest and refs pick on him and give him nothing:dembelelol: They also want retrospective action on Walker for his superb match saving tackle on Sterling..What a bunch of little girls..

Mind you it must be hard to take when you realise how many squillions they have used to buy a team against how little we have spent and yet to see us above them AGAIN, has to be a tad embarrassing?
We embarrassed them at the Lane again and also we put in our worse 90mins yesterday and yet they still couldn't beat us..
Shove that in your 24carat gold pipe ya overrated bunch of mercanary oil rich Shit bags..

4pts Thank you very much.,

It's just goes to show that money CAN'T buy you decisions... (ALL the time!)

We'd have been SCREAMING "Arab bribes" if the exact same set of decisions and circumstances had happened to US!

(And I'd have been screaming the loudest!)
:walker-scream:

A good point made by Tom? on Football 365:

Consistency please
Southampton v Spurs. Redmond knocks Alli off balance in the box without playing the ball. Alli stays on his feet and gets a poor shot off. Mike Dean gives a penalty and a red card. The punditocracy slates the referee.

Man City v Spus. Walker knocks Sterling off balance in the box without playing the ball. Sterling stays on his feet and gets a poor shot off. Andre Marriner does not give a penalty and a red card. The punditocracy slates the referee.

If Mike Dean had been praised rather than slated for giving a correct decision then maybe other refs would be more likely to give these when a player stays on his feet.
Tom, Enfield (I’m glad my team benefitted from both these decisions)

Part of the problem yesterday was that we didn't expect a press from City
It was a press but also a really attacking line-up. I don't think many sides can afford to press that high up the pitch with two up front and five in midfield as they don't have the quality. Even Man City couldn't make the most of it as they were so exposed at the back - but your absolutely spot on, we could have tried a few long balls and maybe won it, especially as their keeper is crap.

They also want retrospective action on Walker

Haha.....ok so lets have retrospective action on the handball goal, the studs down the shin challenge on Walker that wasnt even a yellow, the De Bruyne thigh high assault on Rose that wasnt a yellow and the 2-3 Sterling dives.

Lets have some action on their ludicrous flouncing of FFP, and the cover up on why their players are missing doping tests.

Self entitled fuckwits.

Played out of your skin and drew 2-2 against our worst performance in nearly two seasons, and we ended the game with no CBs, after being 2-0 up.
You already had 12 men, and it wasnt enough....your fans are shit. The deafening silence every time we crossed the halfway line was laughable. You were cruising, and you shit your pants.

I guess you cant buy courage and desire

Haha.....ok so lets have retrospective action on the handball goal, the studs down the shin challenge on Walker that wasnt even a yellow, the De Bruyne thigh high assault on Rose that wasnt a yellow and the 2-3 Sterling dives.

Lets have some action on their ludicrous flouncing of FFP, and the cover up on why their players are missing doping tests.

Self entitled fuckwits.

Played out of your skin and drew 2-2 against our worst performance in nearly two seasons, and who ended the game with no CBs, after being 2-0 up.
You already had 12 men, and it wasnt enough....your fans are shit. The deafening silence every time we crossed the halfway line was laughable. You were cruising, and you shit your pants.

Here's the best bit we could have ended up with a clean sheet if it wasn't for Hugo's worst 5 mins of his career

Self entitled fuckwits.

Played out of your skin and drew 2-2 against our worst performance in nearly two seasons, and we ended the game with no CBs, after being 2-0 up.

Churchillian stuff there.

Churchillian stuff there.

th
????????

Back
Top Bottom