The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's not being negative. It's just acknowledging another good team. Negative would be saying things such as "we don't have a chance". I think we can win, but you have to respect other good teams, no matter how badly they've played the week before.

It was a joke. I said pretty much the same thing and got abused.

IF we win I think we could kill off their season, which is why I think we probably won't despite all evidence saying the opposite.

Best Spurs team I've seen in my life and still won't let my guard down

Important to not get too ahead of ourselves, city are still a good side with excellent players, who knows maybe Jesus can play and kompany returns etc,

We should be confident though! Our work rate and strength is absolute anathema to them! If they're lining up with stones and otamendi and Yaya in midfield with fernando or zabaleta we should run them ragged and I love that we're not only aggressive and manic presssers but we're also just big athletic fuckers! Vic, mouse, dier, Sissoko, Toby, Kyle and even Danny who stands at 5'8 but fights like a 6'4 I bloody love that little terroir!

:roseunsure:

They only started the thread late last night and they're already up to page 17!

Are they looking forward to it or just shitting themselves?

Page one: They are gonna dick us. They'll walk right through us.

From that Blue Moon thread ...

Spurs_fan said:
Spurs fan here.
Just thought I'd balance your mood a bit (Spurs fans have been where you are regularly).

Even though Spurs fans are flying high at the moment, we see this (and the Liverpool match in three weeks) as the two toughest games, ones we'd do well to take a draw from.

Reasons we still have reasons to think City would pose a bigger challenge than you seem to think:
- Even you're "struggling", your home record last 10 months is still 8 wins - 4 draws - 1 loss, with your only loss coming against Chelsea
- Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs.
- Look at Spurs' away results: True, we won the last two. But before that, our results were 2-4-2. Spurs' away record is only the 6th best in the PL.
- Vertonghen just got injured. He's been a very vital piece of our defensive record this season. Spurs' struggles last autumn was in large part because we struggled when we didn't play our strongest XI.

What kind of fucking twit goes talking this garbage on opposing teams forums ffs?!

"Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs"

Really, 'Spurs fan'?? Really?? We've conceded 5 in open play all season ffs! City conceded 4 just yesterday!!! Moron

Last edited:

What kind of fucking twit goes talking this garbage on opposing teams forums ffs?!

Really, 'Spurs fan'?? Really??

This is basically the opposite of what every Spurs fans thinks that I have spoken to. I've been thinking about this game today and I think we could win it something crazy like 5-0.

]

Really, 'Spurs fan'?? Really??

hqdefault.jpg

[/Wanker]

Love this post -

Pep came here thinking every game from the "lesser" teams would be marked with them respecting our squad quality and it would a 3-0 stroll away at every week at Tenerife/Getafe.
West Ham 5-0 is what he is used to in Spain/Germany, teams who try until they concede and then they wilt.
He assumed this league was inferior and now he isn't even scrambling to recover.
He's starting to look like Villas Boas.
Don't like the guy, don't like his comments about us fans (that was a big turn off).
He looks alarmingly out of his depth,
Old red nose at the swamp would have put him in a psych ward with mind games by now.

LOL!!

Edit: apparently that was his first post ever on Bluemoan.

Hell of a debut

Last edited:
Their fans seem to think Pep needs to adapt, they worry he didn't realise how hard the league was, which i think is accurate. Everyone said that would happen and it has. But I don't think they have turned on him yet. Maybe this is the game.

Back
Top Bottom