The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bring on this game NOW!!!!
PP0fYCc.jpg

Tottenham's net spend in last 5 years: £1m,

Man City's net spend in last 5 years: £426m

Now fucking chill...grow a pair and accept that we have dug ourselves out of a two - nil hole, against a Club managed by the second coming of Jesus H Christ, made up of self entitled pussies.

This team we have does not know how to lose, and shows no quitting. Never thought i could say that in the same sentence when talking about Spurs.

To a man we would have taken four pints from six at the start of the season off this lot.

Fuck's sake. We've taken 19 points out of the last 21 and come back from 2-0 down at city. It's not just the point we got - it was the 2 they didn't get. Nobody's saying we were great, but we never used to get results like this.:walker-scream:

For me, winks and Wanyama were pivotal in our ability to recover the point today. Wanyama as a CB v that attack...nothing but praise. Winks....well the guy is what 19/20 ? And did absolutley the right thing with everything when he came on, doubt anyone in the media will give him much credit but I sure as hell do. More broadly Son, for his goal also deserves a pat on the back.

Yeah we were not great. Seems maybe the pitch size again gave us a few problems, but hell Shity were never going to be anything but 100% at it today. We rode our luck a bit, but do not lose sight of just how good our goals were and how we recovered, I've seen Spurs go two behind a lot of times and watched it go to 3/4/5 goals or more....

2-2 and we take the momentum from the draw as we came back. Thats much better than being 2-0 ahead and then drawing.

More broadly I give Shity not one bit of credit. They are financially doped by a crooked regime and frankly I wish they would fuck off. Consider for a moment that they brought on a 19 year old striker who's value is 3 million less than our record signing ! Let that sink in.

Given the ridiclousness of Shity it's incredible that we compete with them at all. They did not beat us home and away this season despite how many players costing more than we have ever spent ?

The media might not question anything about City but I sure as hell do. Inside a decade they have cheated their way to the top table, even more so than fucking Chelsea, they could have beat us 30 nil today and played like the Harlem Globe trotters on speed and I'd not given a flying fuck. Buying success is not sport. Yes money is necessary for investment, but there comes a point when it's simply vulgar and obscene and Shity, like the Russian's <removed>s will never be legitimate winners anymore than a drugs cheat is a legitimate Olympian.

We might not have won 3 points today, but our club wins the moral battle day in day out. That will do me !

Last edited:
I agree with Rose and Wanyama, and Rose was up against the mighty Zabaleta so was quieter than usual.
Walker is a very competent full back but he maddens me when he doesn't track back sometimes.
He did it again in this match. Unlike Rose, he doesn't go the extra mile.
Your just as stupid on the football pages as your are in off topic.

Doesn't go the extra mile. Walker literally plays his heart out for us week in week out and then goes the extra mile with a delicious cheet just to stop man city getting away from us. Walker is a magnificent spur

Last edited:
From bluemoon

"Lost respect for @Crouchinho but more importantly for Pochettino. His team are divers, cheaters, obnoxious, arrogant, nasty little shits and today got away with the most blatant penalty I have ever seen. Hope they get top 4 so they can crash out of the Champions League again next season. Never hated a team as much as I've hated Spurs since he took over."

Was it Gary Neville who said something along the lines of "if other teams don't hate you there's something not right."

So he hates Spurs because we are we in a situation of overtaking them, with a net spend some 400M less than theirs, an academy that we actually use and a stadium we are paying for ourselves.

Nasty arrogant shits?

hmmmm

Fabian Delph vows to STAY at Aston Villa in spite of intense speculation linking him with Manchester City | Daily Mail Online

Raheem Sterling wants out of Liverpool's preseason tour - sources

Yaya Toure considering leaving Manchester City 'because the club failed to wish him happy birthday'

aguero-tackle-on-luiz.jpg

A City fan talking about crashing out of the CL.......haha

Lottery winning pikey yoyo club

Lol, people saying we didn't get hammered or rolled over today.

Shots on target - 7 v 2

Shots - 17 v 6

We got hammered today and were lucky to get a point. You can't say "Yeah, we were lucky, we should have lost that....but we didn't get hammered". They could have won that game by a 3-4 goal margin, especially when Toby went off.

Players did well to cope with that.
And that kind of balance of statistics has never happened to us.......ever.
I always thought you only got hammered, mullered, thrashed, schooled or humbled when the opposition waltzed loads of goals into your net.

Now it appears that the description also fits when the opposition piss away possession and opportunity and get gifted the only goals that they score.

Why the fuck do some people bother saying that they support Spurs when it seems more important to them to carp and criticise them? Start your own message board and wank each other off on line.
My concern is why our normally dominant midfield allowed themselves to panic so much under pressure and let the defence bail them out time after time?

From that Blue Moon thread ...

Spurs_fan said:
Spurs fan here.
Just thought I'd balance your mood a bit (Spurs fans have been where you are regularly).

Even though Spurs fans are flying high at the moment, we see this (and the Liverpool match in three weeks) as the two toughest games, ones we'd do well to take a draw from.

Reasons we still have reasons to think City would pose a bigger challenge than you seem to think:
- Even you're "struggling", your home record last 10 months is still 8 wins - 4 draws - 1 loss, with your only loss coming against Chelsea
- Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs.
- Look at Spurs' away results: True, we won the last two. But before that, our results were 2-4-2. Spurs' away record is only the 6th best in the PL.
- Vertonghen just got injured. He's been a very vital piece of our defensive record this season. Spurs' struggles last autumn was in large part because we struggled when we didn't play our strongest XI.

What kind of fucking twit goes talking this garbage on opposing teams forums ffs?!

"Even an out-of-form De Bruyne and Aguero, could still score 3+ against Spurs"

Really, 'Spurs fan'?? Really?? We've conceded 5 in open play all season ffs! City conceded 4 just yesterday!!! Moron

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom