The Mighty Spurs - Abu Dhabi FC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the few occasions I've browsed Bluemoan, I have to say I'm not very impressed with their average IQ.
If I could be bothered, I'd refer them to a very funny book by Man City fan and writer, Colin Shindler:
Not only is he Jewish, but he tells of a large Jewish community in Manchester, mainly supporting Man City
It's a good read; you certainly don't need to be a City fan to enjoy it.
From the Manchester Evening News:
A video in which football fans can be heard singing anti-Semitic insults is being investigated by police.
The chants were apparently directed at Spurs supporters.
Apparently?? Who else would they have been directed at... the vast Jewish community of Manchester perhaps?

Among the chants, a group of men are heard singing about gas chambers in a reference to the Holocaust.
Thanks for the insightful info!
Most Tottenham fans are not Jewish, but the club has a historical association with London's Jewish community.
Well that's Ok then... as long as most aren't Jewish (and obviously wouldn't be offended) it doesn't count I guess!

Well, well, well....

Bluemoon

"OK First off all I would like to apologise to all the Jewish people around the world some of whom I class as my friends (maybe not for much longer)secondly to all my family , Thirdly I would like to apologise to all of you here on Blue Moon , there really is nothing I can say to excuse this . I was caught up in the moment and stupidly joined in with this chanting , It was aimed incorreclyt in response to the Spurs fans on the tram I Apologise to them also . It was meant as Football banter and in no way racsist or hate I am extremely embarrassed about all this . I have been in touch with GMP and no doubt will get the book thrown at me deservedly so no doubt many on here will say . AS a life long blue I am ashamed to have let everyone down including myself . I ask forgiveness though probly don't deserve it . It was stupid and I regretted it the moment I did it people who know me will no I am not a bigot or a racsist once again I apologise to all I have offended."

Didn't one of them accuse this thread of racism.
Oh well.

50 yr olld men too. So sad.
It was no way intended to be racist, you know singing about gassing a race. It was In the heat of the moment.
Someone said gassed in he morning, and we all just joined in, not thinking that it meant we were condoning the act of the holocaust. My Jewish friends around the world never mentioned it. I never knew about the holocaust - my grandfather never told me he fought in a war against Nazi's- and I was unaware of all the history around Spurs and this type of stuff. I have only been following football for 40 yrs.
After all I'm only 50 yrs old. I'd been drinking since 10 in the morning too.
I'm sorry.

There are no words.

If I remember rightly it got rescheduled because of us getting to the FA Cup semi. The club had run all the away applications and set the LP cut-off, then the match got postponed by about 4 weeks to a mid-week evening, making it much bigger than it would previously have been. I probably wouldn't have got a ticket for it otherwise!
Yes I think you're right!

Although I was only watching on TV, will always remember the look of the away end going up after Crouchie's goal...absolute mosh pit.

Bit o'punctuation wouldn't go a miss!!

Plus his spalling is appealing!

Do you think the irony that he spelt incorrectly incorrectlyt was lost on him???
probly (sic) too busy hissing gas chambers at 'Jews' on a Tram... again, the sublime IRONY!!

He can't spell racist. I wonder if he can spell cunt?

every 2 weeks Private Eye lands on the doormat. First up I go to "On the message Boards", to read what Bogbrush, Hatfield Gooner, Haley 123 and Tim the Househusband have to say. Some of it is genuinely laugh out loud.

And then you read the real thing above, and my mind goes so blank I can't even make a comment linking to satire. I don't know what I find more shocking - that he chanted such stuff, that he didn't mean it to be racist, that he didn't know how offensive it would be, that he's clearly only apologising not because of what he sang but because he was caught on camera and there's no way he can worm his way out of it.

I hope that GMP prosecute him and all the others they can identify.
I hope that the guilty ones are convicted.
And I hope that the worst offenders are given custodial.
It would be a start.
Well, someone's just got custodial for Racial Abuse on the Manchester Metro.......

Man jailed for racial abuse on Manchester tram

Back
Top Bottom