The Mighty Poch Men vs. Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who's the longest in the shower?

• Total voters
I'm the one in need of steadiness? Pogba and Gundogan haven't even played in this league! Statistically he's performed better than all of the above in the past 2 seasons (including Pogba in a very much inferior league). Just on the eye test with and without Cazorla/Fabregas/Fernandinho their clubs have put in great and poor performances. Kante was very good last season, but let's see him do it away from whatever the hell was on at Leicester last season.

Objectively, the only thing the above outperformed Dembele in over the past few seasons is press adoration. And it's pretty clear that with Dembele in recent seasons we've been championship form, without we're lower half/relegation form. Clearly no player has the impact for their team in the midfield that Dembele does.

Tottenham's Mousa Dembele named Europe's best box-to-box midfielder

Weekly Post 149

I worry that 2 weeks is not long enough of a pre-season for the Euro2016 men to have found their fitness or rhythm. Could it be that Poch swaps one or two for the first game or so. Maybe Winks for Dier, maybe Onomah for Alli? Maybe even Janssen for Kane? What do you think?

I get the impression Dier is always ready. He is a beast. Hopefully after some post Euros rest they are all up for it.

Like Vertonghen playing at LB under AVB, it's not a good move outside of dire emergencies, because it weakens two positions instead of one. Dier is a CM now.

As Everton are weak I'd go for the kill.

------------------Lloris----------------
Walker---Toby--------Jan---Rose
-------------------Dier-----------------
Lamela----------Alli--------Eriksen
----------Jannsen---Kane-----------

Ahhhhhh that beautiful feeling when you wake up and realise it's the start of a new season..

After all these years it still gives me butterflies..never used to miss the opening game of a season, home or away, but times change and we get more boring the older we get..
Much respect to those of you travelling up to the game, have a great day..

Do the bizzo Spurs.. 1-2 to the football connoisseurs...

Thoughts on the first half:

Sloppy in possession.
No movement.
Second to everything.
Wanyama not good enough in his role.
Front four very lackluster.

Would take Wanyama off at half time. Message sent. Janssen on. Stick him up top and play off him. Allow him to use his strength to bring the three behind him (Lamela, Eriksen, Kane) into play. Dele to play alongside Dier in midfield, the position where he broke on the scene for us and what got him his plaudits and England call up.

for fuck sake what have Everton done, torn us to shreds ? A couple of half chances and a fluke goal. We have controlled the game but look really rusty.
Isn't that to be expected when the first team bar Lamela and, but not too much, Eriksen only had one competitive game pre season after a couple of weeks rest after the Euro's? Alli Dele looked rusty as fuck v Inter. Most of them did. They had just come back of their holidays ffs. It takes time.
This is no normal season either. Koeman says his team are 70% fit so what about ours, with 8 of this team at the Euro's
The ref has been a bit lenient. No yellow for McCarthy yet he spoke to Wanyama and I thought shoulder barges were acceptable if the ball was in playing distance.
We are obviously missing dembele and it looks like Victor Wanyama has been brought in to replace him.
We still look the better team imo.
I'd be really pissed off if we were completely terrible
Some should stop fucking melting what do you expect?

Knocking on the door. Back to our old selves in the second half, even if there were a few passengers that didn't contribute. Not the end of the world considering it's the first game of the season.

Roll on.

3:1

COYS

GIF-Bulldog-slowly-climbs-up-a-plastic-chair-and-sits-comfortably.gif

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Wimmer, Toby, Rose, Dier, Wanyama, Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Kane][/formation]

Swap Lamela and Eriksen

I can't think of anyone on the first game of the season either but then, who start anything about the first game of the season? First game in charge of their respective team, of which we have had our fair share over recent years, no?

Alain Perrin @ Portsmoutn 2005
Rafa Benitez @ Liverpoil 2004

Back
Top Bottom