The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back. Don't care what time it is. What a great night. this might just help me get over Leverkusen last year :pochshock:
BTW has anyone mentioned the ref yet? I was up in the gods but some of his 'decisions' looked dodgy from even up there.

Just got back. Don't care what time it is. What a great night. this might just help me get over Leverkusen last year :pochshock:
BTW has anyone mentioned the ref yet? I was up in the gods but some of his 'decisions' looked dodgy from even up there.

Honestly, he made some dodgy calls both ways, but tried to let both sides just get on with it. Started to lose control near the end though. He did get tricked by Casemiro but he luckily didn't get fooled by their other diving.

Haven’t seen a recording yet but looked dodgy as fuck to me

Real Madrid 30 games unbeaten in CL group stages since 2012:before tonight,
It was also the first time in 9seasons they conceded more than 2 goals in the CL group stages.
Juventus 2008, 2-0

Plus they have beaten everyone at the Bernabeu in the CL group stage since November 2009. The only sides to avoid defeat at the Bernabeu since then were Dortmund and us.

That’s some form from them and a great achievement by us over 2 games you’d think
Yet according to ex Man City player Craig Bellamy tonight’s 3-1 defeat of the most successful CL/EC side ever wasn’t as good as City’s result at Napoli
Why?
Because of the”form” Napoli have been in recently.

Couldn’t make it up

"It sounds crazy because it's Real Madrid and they haven't lost a group game in five years, but I felt if Man City could go to Naples and win that was a big win."

Yes Craig it does sound crazy, or perhaps 'fucking ludicrous' might be more accurate but I suppose you couldn't say that on telly. I'm sure everyone other than City fans think he has completely lost the plot.

"Napoli are one of the form teams in Europe, a possession-based team.

"I've been really impressed with Napoli. Playing-wise in European football they have really impressed me this year, so that is a really good win.

He's been impressed by a team who have lost three out of four of their group games so far and who are almost certainly going to exit into the Europa League. Mental.

Last edited:
"It sounds crazy because it's Real Madrid and they haven't lost a group game in five years, but I felt if Man City could go to Naples and win that was a big win."

Yes Craig it does sound crazy, or perhaps 'fucking ludicrous' might be more accurate but I suppose you couldn't say that on telly. I'm sure everyone other than City fans think he has completely lost the plot.
Here in the states, City was a pick em and Real were favored.

Just back indoors after a long coach journey back. Unbelievably mature performance and so proud of all the players and management team - one of my best nights supporting Spurs in over 40 years.
Can't go to bed as I keep re-watching the highlights and giggling like an idiot to myself. It will be a while before my smug grin subsides.
Thank you Spurs for a great night.

Back
Top Bottom