The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got 7 disagrees for this-shame on you.

Football is all about opinion and may it continue...
I fucking love to be proved wrong when I criticize. Let's hope he starts to pick up and carry that form on from Wednesday. He'd not been good enough until that point, if this isn't a catalyst for change, I don't know what is.

I’ve read my history and you’re right, we certainly were robbed in that game. I’ve read that Greaves has admitted that the acute disappointment of being cheated out of that game was a major factor in him turning to alcohol.

I certainly wasn’t trying to wind you up, but I admit I’m a bit of nerd when it comes to our history (and I really don’t mind people going on about it). Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Peace be with you. :dierpochhug:

No problems!!

:dierpochhug:

I’ve got a mate who is a bigger nerd than both of us!!

He has a huge scrapbook of press cuttings going back to the double

Makes fascinating reading!!

On that Benicia 1st leg I read that the Lino was quoted as saying that he couldn’t believe Greavsie was so quick and that he had to give him offside when he got to the ball before anyone else so 2 goals chalked off!
Jim reckoned the officials were bent that night though and because Benfica play in red he somehow affiliates them with Woolwich which is a bit paranoid I must admit

He reads this forum regularly with amazement especially the cunt offs but won’t comment on it as he gets upset quite easily but he was in ecstasy last Wednesday which pleased his missus no end as he isn’t well nowadays

But Spurs do that to you

:levywhoa:

I'd say 95% of yanks who discover football and pick Madrid as their team do so because they're the winningest.
Fuck 'em them up the cunt.

The demographic of the US suggests that by 2035 white Americans will be in the minority. Latino's and African Americans will make the majority. Given that fact, it's easy to see why La Liga is watched by more people in America than the PL and MLS.

It's has fuck all to do with which team has won the most silverware, because if that were the case then they would all be following the red part of Manchester.

History lesson for the ignorant now finished for the day.

I was texting a mate (Celtic fan) during the game.
He said to me last night to read back through the texts i'd been sending during the 2nd half as it perfectly sums up the turmoil of being a Spurs fan for 40 years.

It went along the lines of ...

Eriksen scores.
"We're taking these fuckers apart!!!!!!"

2 mins later
"Just can't make any stupid mistakes and let this lot get a sniff"

OLEs
"This is a thing of beauty"

Ronaldo scores
"FUCK!!!!!!!!!!"
"This cunt Ramos needs a slap"

Moose comes on for Winks
"Good sub. Winks' legs were gone. Calm things down now"

Moose slaps Ramos
"Fuck sake he's fucking loosing it. Going to get sent off!!"

80ish mins
"This clock is just not fucking moving"

Final whistle
"And breath. Bit stressful"

I fucking love to be proved wrong when I criticize. Let's hope he starts to pick up and carry that form on from Wednesday. He'd not been good enough until that point, if this isn't a catalyst for change, I don't know what is.
Are we talking about Alli or Kane? Your orininal post was regarding Kane?
Edit its Alli
Dont agree not playing well enough . I would say he lost his edge a little but this down to opposition knowing his game and sniffling him. He needs to learn to counter this, which if he does, will be a great player. Its sll part of development so needs to play. Its not black and white.

Last edited:
You know what we don't get enough praise for? Our BRITISH contingent.

We had SIX British players in that starting eleven. Which is just fucking incredible. City seem to be getting praise for having the likes of Walker, Stones and Sterling and doing as well as they are. We have double that and taking Madrid to the cleaners.

Potentially could have seven British players if Davies ever slots in to central defence and we start Rose at left wing back.

Here's some credit for our English lads at least

This is England; Tottenham's England; Pochettino's England - Football365

I kinda hear what you are saying but for me I get my kicks from the fact that everyone hates us even more. The meltdown from fans, mainly Woolwich. West Ham and Chelsea was superb.
They absolutely hated what we did wednesday night and it was beautiful to hear.

That's just me though i'm a sick and twisted weirdo.
Everyone cares, one way or another, about what Spurs are doing. That’s another way to look at it.

Really poor isn't it, not to fill out the away end. There must be at least 50,000 Spanish ex-pats living in London and the South East. At least. And a huge chunk of those will be supporting RM. I read an account of someone watching in a Fulham pub, loads of Spaniards supporting Real.

Shame that Athletico M are so shite right now.
Re the tickets presumably as did not go on General Sale the only way to get into the away end was via Real Madrid and the supporters living in England would not be registered. Not sure what support Madrid normally take abroad.

Still, nice to see they've signed up for the arrogance and sense of self-entitlement that is the cornerstone of a Madridista's DNA. They've obviously done their homework.
I hate Real Madrid more than Woolwich. They’re just irritating. They personify the arrogance of Madrid and its attitude to the rest of Spain and they represent everything that’s wrong with football. Their fucking white hankies drive me to madness too.

I hate Real Madrid more than Woolwich. They’re just irritating. They personify the arrogance of Madrid and its attitude to the rest of Spain and they represent everything that’s wrong with football. Their fucking white hankies drive me to madness too.
It was nice to see that all they were using their white hankies for was to cry into after we belted them! COYS

To be fair, Barcelona like a good pañolada every bit as much as Madrid do mate...

Minute 4:54 onwards...

Back
Top Bottom