The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok, fair point. But as someone who lives in Spain, of those glory hunting fans in the provinces who have no connection to either city, which are the more obnoxious? For me, hands down, it’s Madrid fans.

Throwback to what I see as our modern peak performance. Kane was immense, Eriksen at his best, Dele was unreal that night, should've had a hat trick. Peak Toby and Jan. Even Trippier and Dier were good.

Just reminds us what you can do with a motivated team, playing to their strengths, with a good game plan and a good manager.

If we just had one of those 4 things now it would be an improvement.

For me this was the best Tottenham match I ever watched. This was a serious performance against the defending champions where we controlled the game and outplayed the greatest CL team of all time. I will never forget Dembele kicking Ramos up in the air and the "oles" in the last 10 minutes when we were just passing the ball around them.

People love to talk about the Ajax semi and it was a glorious comeback but overall we were completely outplayed, I never thought we looked convincing. We looked like a League One team playing against Man City, even though we got the result. Against Real we looked like such a slick, mature team. That is what we have to get back to and it's interesting to look at the starting lineup for that match. All the usual scapegoats are in there and while some have aged or been exposed with Eriksen and others leaving, it shows that you don't need elite players in every position. You just need the right structure and balance in the team to get the most out of what you've got. That's what we don't have right now.

For me this was the best Tottenham match I ever watched. This was a serious performance against the defending champions where we controlled the game and outplayed the greatest CL team of all time. I will never forget Dembele kicking Ramos up in the air and the "oles" in the last 10 minutes when we were just passing the ball around them.

People love to talk about the Ajax semi and it was a glorious comeback but overall we were completely outplayed, I never thought we looked convincing. We looked like a League One team playing against Man City, even though we got the result. Against Real we looked like such a slick, mature team. That is what we have to get back to and it's interesting to look at the starting lineup for that match. All the usual scapegoats are in there and while some have aged or been exposed with Eriksen and others leaving, it shows that you don't need elite players in every position. You just need the right structure and balance in the team to get the most out of what you've got. That's what we don't have right now.
Totally agree.

Also, the atmosphere at Wembley that night was absolutely electric, best match I’ve ever been to

Throwback to what I see as our modern peak performance. Kane was immense, Eriksen at his best, Dele was unreal that night, should've had a hat trick. Peak Toby and Jan. Even Trippier and Dier were good.

Great rewatching that

At our peak during the Poch era

Pity the highlights didn’t show Ronaldo’s face as he kicked off after Eriksen’s goal went in!
It was a picture
Totally hacked off!
Loved it!!

Spot on

Back
Top Bottom