The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"It sounds crazy because it's Real Madrid and they haven't lost a group game in five years, but I felt if Man City could go to Naples and win that was a big win."

Yes Craig it does sound crazy, or perhaps 'fucking ludicrous' might be more accurate but I suppose you couldn't say that on telly. I'm sure everyone other than City fans think he has completely lost the plot.

"Napoli are one of the form teams in Europe, a possession-based team.

"I've been really impressed with Napoli. Playing-wise in European football they have really impressed me this year, so that is a really good win.

He's been impressed by a team who have lost three out of four of their group games so far and who are almost certainly going to exit into the Europa League. Mental.
same thing happened when we beat reigning winners inter all of a sudden they were not a very good team

Has anyone else heard the clip of Ian Wright on radio 5. It's not thebest way to post the ink but copy and paste works:

BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Spurs’ progression is frightening – Ian Wright

For all his Woolwich connections, he is generous with his praise and its a really good honest assessment.

Link has come up properly now!

BBC is the epitome of irony.....for 12 months they have championed that unless we win something and fast, the likes of Kane, Eriksen, Poch and Dele will be off to win trophies. They practically sold Kane the last month.

Now they run a story from a pundit talking about how quickly we are progressing

:kaneshh:

Started work at 5am, game was on at 7am, didn't get home until about 7pm tonight,
just watch the recording of that game...

GET THE FUCK IN THERE YES BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK THOSE REAL MADRID CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 79 minutes, my mate (who had a £5 on 3-1) loudly announced he doesn't mind if we conceded a goal. He got a few stares... then almost straight away we conceded.

I thought he was going to get lynched. To be fair, I'd have joined in.

That chasing down by Kane before the 1st goal. Fucking love him.

Mentioned it in the Messi thread and I think the same applies last night. In La Liga, its very easy when the oppo pull down their pants for you, and say "sorry sorry sorry!!!" for treading on your toes.

We showed them no respect, and they were just not used to that. Winks, an apprentice just through the ranks, running through their midfield....what the fuck!?

NOBODY was scared of them. Ronaldo was going left to right to left to right because he got fuck all out of Trippier and Davies. TRIPPIER and DAVIES. Thats the level of our boys now.

Mentioned it in the Messi thread and I think the same applies last night. In La Liga, its very easy when the oppo pull down their pants for you, and say "sorry sorry sorry!!!" for treading on your toes.

We showed them no respect, and they were just not used to that. Winks, an apprentice just through the ranks, running through their midfield....what the fuck!?

NOBODY was scared of them. Ronaldo was going left to right to left to right because he got fuck all out of Trippier and Davies. TRIPPIER and DAVIES. Thats the level of our boys now.
Tripps and Davies were superb last night. Dele's meteoric rise is rightly lauded, but Trippier was scrapping about with Burnley in the championship not long ago. Tremendous development and coaching by Poch and his team.

Tory scandal , Tottenham back to winning ways in Europe and sitting above the scum in the league and the lady prime minister hasn't got a clue . Feels as though I am back living in the 80s
Well if the Argies want to Falklands they can fucking have them, that cost us the title last time...

DNnyvvBX4AE5w3D.jpg:large

Fucking hell. Tongue in cheek comment turns into a rant which includes a racist term Argies and a loose memory of what we were capable of in the very early 80s have a nice day.

is the term Argies really viewed as racist? It wasn't meant that way at all.

Are you on the blob love?

I think they made the same mistake we did against Spam. They figured they were too good and the draw was a fluke. They reeked of complacency and arrogance that comes with having the top stars and the last two European cups and so strolled around assuming that as soon as they attacked the nerves would get the better of us. The only time we even looked remotely nervy was in the last ten minutes and I don't think they could fathom how that could be.

I was in the block next to the “Madridistas”, and I thought they were shit.

Only sang about three times. Mind you, they didn’t really have a lot to sing about.

Yep, agree.

Although, tbf, in the stationary crush outside the tube afterwards there was a lot of cheerful banter ("Shit Barcelona, you're just a shit Barcelona") that their small groups of fans took in good spirits with smiles and waves.

Back
Top Bottom