The Mighty Cockerels versus Real Madrid @ Wembley 1St nov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Slightly off topic, but did anyone else listen to the Sports Bar on talkshite on their way home?

That Dipper “Jim from Basingstoke” had me in fucking tears whilst hurtling up the M40. :dembelelol:

Fucking Andy Goldstein’s a right plum though.

'Hurtling up the M40'.... you were lucky Chuckle.

Some clusterfuck shitforbrains closed the M1, the A1(M) and the M11 last - there was literally no major road to travel north on past Bedfprdshire. I ended up driving om country roads through pea-soup fog at 0130.

Was it worth it? Oh my! What a night. Love to everyone who was there, and everyone who wished they were.

That Ole possession must have got Modric all nostalgic about that time we kept possession away from Aston Villa for most of the match when down to 10 men back in 2010.

This time Luca, you were the Villa.

That Ole possession must have got Modric all nostalgic about that time we kept possession away from Aston Villa for most of the match when down to 10 men back in 2010.

This time Luca, you were the Villa.
Modric got the better of Eriksen 2 weeks ago but the great Dane completely owned him last night - was spectacular to watch

What a night.. Wembley was rocking last night.. the noise at times was superb.

What a club we are becoming, who'd have thought that we could take 4 points from the mighty Real Madrid?
These players really believe in themselves and seriously think they can beat ANYONE.
Poch is such a genius, we actually made Real Madrid look stupid.
We were actually Ole-Ing because we were that far ahead.. I satt there and just looked out onto the pitch shaking my head as I literally couldn't believe what I was witnessing.
ANOTHER one of those nights that will live with you forever.

All I've heard or seen this morning is Woolwich/West Ham/ Chelsea fans crying about how it's the worst Real Madrid team for years and how they lost to Gerona, their tears are so so salty.

What a time to be alive..

What a night.. Wembley was rocking last night.. the noise at times was superb.

What a club we are becoming, who'd have thought that we could take 4 points from the mighty Real Madrid?
These players really believe in themselves and seriously think they can beat ANYONE.
Poch is such a genius, we actually made Real Madrid look stupid.
We were actually Ole-Ing because we were that far ahead.. I satt there and just looked out onto the pitch shaking my head as I literally couldn't believe what I was witnessing.
ANOTHER one of those nights that will live with you forever.

All I've heard or seen this morning is Woolwich/West Ham/ Chelsea fans crying about how it's the worst Real Madrid team for years and how they lost to Gerona, their tears are so so salty.

What a time to be alive..

What you been snorting Billy, aint you heard? Real Madrid are shit now

Just waking up after the night before.
What a bloody fantastic evening.
The atmosphere was electric (fair play to the Madrid fans who gave it their all)
Haven’t read through all the posts but I hope Verts gets a huge mention somewhere. He was absolutely sublime in defence. For me, he was man of the match. He dominated Ronaldo. But perhaps that’s unfair on the rest of the players. They were all superb here. Couldn’t pick a fault with anyone- save possibly Sissoko. He looked very nervy again.
Enjoyed everything about last night. The crowd leaving Wembley was vast & the songs just kept coming. Had a lovely curry at Spice of India & another beer to celebrate.
Just got back to hotel to watch the highlights.

Just amazing.
Love you all.

Yeah the worst real Madrid team in years, the same squad that has dominated la Liga and just won back to back champions leagues!

The bitterness from the Woolwich nomads and the fizzy pop cup quarter finalists is a joy to read..........love it!!!

Yeah the worst real Madrid team in years, the same squad that has dominated la Liga and just won back to back champions leagues!

The bitterness from the Woolwich nomads and the fizzy pop cup quarter finalists is a joy to read..........love it!!!

The shit I've heard this morning is fantastic.. How everyone is hurting is beautiful.

Rewind back to when the group was announced, all we heard was laughing and how we'll be lucky to make the Europa.. funny there was no mention of Madrid or Dortmund being poor then..
This has hurt so many..

I do like this quote from the BBC Sport website this morning,

And so they should because Pochettino and Spurs were brave in their tactical approach, played with an intoxicating combination of intensity, pace, power and subtlety that was, as coach Zinedine Zidane admitted at his rather sombre post-match briefing, simply too good for Real Madrid.

absolutely cried my eyes out when the 3rd goal went in. Some woman asked me if i was okay, i replied with "i'm just so emotional" :dembelelol: In all fairness though, that was the loudest i've ever heard us at Wembley. Credit to us, the fans, the noise was electric!!

The shit I've heard this morning is fantastic.. How everyone is hurting is beautiful.

Rewind back to when the group was announced, all we heard was laughing and how we'll be lucky to make the Europa.. funny there was no mention of Madrid or Dortmund being poor then..
This has hurt so many..

Spot on. I have just shut a Chelsea supporting colleague up at work.

Said we played well, but we have had an easy group..........I reminded him that 3 months ago he was laughing at me in front of work colleagues saying we had a ' group of death' and would be lucky to get 3rd.........

He has sulked off with laughter ringing in his ears from everyone nearby..........!

Don't think my productivity will be high today, still buzzing!!

Back
Top Bottom