The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely felt like we were relying on the south stand to get most of the songs going - hopefully just part of the settling in process as people get accustomed to things.

Still sounded great when it was rocking.

I think it's going to take a little while for our fans to get over the Wembley hangover. We were so devoid of a soul for almost two years that we forgot what it's like to EXPECT singing from all sides of the ground. May take longer than we realise to get back to the norm.

TBF, it's over 30% of the home fans in there. To be expected.

More fans in that one stand than Bournemouth's entire ground holds. Pretty amazing when you think about it.

I wish I had a seat there instead of the East Upper next to the away fans.

:pochsulk:

Great stadium, brilliant night, vital win. Roll on next Tuesday and the Champions bloody League quarter-final!

:tobyarm:

Joker of the night, early in the second half behind me asked me to sit down in the south stand. Then when Andros comes on he says to the bloke next to him “Andros Townsend.....did he used to play for spurs?”
Well, I had three old blokes behind me getting annoyed because I was apparently sitting wrong... I honestly don’t know why some people go to live football when they seem to hate everything about it.

Oh fuck off you bellend, I couldn't make it because of health issues and when I do turn up I sing from start to finish.

The palace fans spent most of my stream chanting "Is this a library" and I barely heard a peep from our lot other than when we scored or for a few moments towards the end.

I am saying for a stadium built for atmosphere it didn't come across well on my stream from our supporters, you might not like it but that's how it sounded.
I have critised our fans as it wasn't constant but did not hear their fans

Definitely felt like we were relying on the south stand to get most of the songs going - hopefully just part of the settling in process as people get accustomed to things.

Still sounded great when it was rocking.
Best atmosphere of the game was when shelf joined in.. Was aswome

Is it just me among those who weren't there who really enjoyed it?

I thought we played well against a very well organised defense, good team performance but with loads of individual positives - Eriksen on form, Dele growing into his CM role, Ben Davies strong, Sissoko not phased by Sundat (defensively at least), Danny Rose dangerous further forward, Trippier far from awful, Hugo pulling off two fine saves...

I really enjoyed it, and I was dissing the fans in that stand as it seems to be the moanalot gang again when honestly I didn’t see anything in the game to really moan about, to only start singing at 2-0 is pretty shitty, you don’t open a new stadium every week the whole thing should have been a party

It just reminds me of the last days of the lane, a moaning Paxton, J block ruined for me by the end with tourists, I want supporters, my sis desperately wanted tickets and instead some henpecked miserable pricks got to go instead, do they even enjoy it or have the ability to enjoy anything? Fucking shame

Just got in. There's a lot I want to share from tonight but I'm a bit pissed so excuse any rambling.

1) The internet can be a weird place, but sometimes it can be bloody brilliant. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I got immensely lucky when Raiders Raiders sorted me a ticket for £30 tonight, and have nothing but praise for the bloke. He's proper Spurs, and as a bonus can also neck a cider pretty quickly, so if he ever has a free ticket again I highly recommend taking him up on it. Still find it highly commendable that he gave it to me, a stranger, for so cheap when he could have sold it for a much higher price, so massive fair play to him. Thanks to him and the Fighting Cock for allowing me to experience such a special night.

2) The stadium... I can't really add anything original that hasn't already been said. All I will say to those who haven't yet experienced it is be patient, your time will come. And when it does, I'd say give yourself a good few hours before kick off to explore. I don't normally do it but got in at 4.45pm today and was just overwhelmed. For all the criticism of Levy and co they have just plain and simple smashed this one out of the park. From the £5 pint and pie deal (decent pie too) to the artwork, to the bowl itself... everything is stunning. Cliche of the century, but pictures just can't do justice to that moment you walk out of the concourse and realise... fuck me, Wembley is shit isn't it. It's that good.

3) The game itself I guess was a bit of a damp squib, but at least we got a much needed three points and didn't allow our big day to be pooped by a disciplined Palace side. Big props to Sissoko for his performance and for not hiding after the Liverpool nightmare, but other than him I can't think of anyone who was particularly good. We were in the North stand and I would say atmosphere was decent, if understandably a little nervy at times. Palace fans just beneath us were good. Hoping to experience South stand soon- it was hard to tell how loud they were tonight from the opposite end but the view of it packed out was incredible.

4) My only real complaint of the night: getting out is still a nightmare. We made it out of the ground pretty much bang on full time and I even jogged a bit of the way to Seven Sisters and still had to wait a good 45 mins in a queue. Not sure what the solution is, but if that's the situation on a night where I imagine more people than usual would have stuck around taking it all in and having a drink I shudder to imagine what it will be like when we are 3-0 up in a low-key game and people all want to leave at the same time.

Overall a brilliant night and just privileged to say I was there. Onto Man City- We CAN beat them.

Back
Top Bottom