The homecoming 3rd April Tottenham versus Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Awkward when it was just a fat bloke and 25 school kids
The club watched the Juventus one and thought "nah that's OTT" (it was over an hour's worth of various synchronised dancers, singers, speeches, more dancers in costumes, singers in costumes, dancers wearing light up costumes, flashy light show, giant banners on the pitch, extended fireworks ...)
Could have met somewhere in the middle I think. I haven't seen what Atletico did, can't find it on YouTube

Outperformed Eriksen? Who did?

It’s not character we lack. It’s fucking brains.

The reason we have been performing badly all season isn’t because Sissoko’s not athletic enough or brave enough.
Please stop. You’re making yourself look silly now. You don’t understand nuts and bolts players - or the need for them, or football. A team of Eriksens would lose every game 50-0.

Oh fuck off you bellend, I couldn't make it because of health issues and when I do turn up I sing from start to finish.

The palace fans spent most of my stream chanting "Is this a library" and I barely heard a peep from our lot other than when we scored or for a few moments towards the end.

I am saying for a stadium built for atmosphere it didn't come across well on my stream from our supporters, you might not like it but that's how it sounded.
I listened to it on London Radio and the atmosphere sounded pretty good. Away fans always sing more anyway.

The club watched the Juventus one and thought "nah that's OTT" (it was over an hour's worth of various synchronised dancers, singers, speeches, more dancers in costumes, singers in costumes, dancers wearing light up costumes, flashy light show, extended fireworks ...)
Could have met somewhere in the middle I think.

Let's be honest, it was shit. Not proper shit, but shit nonetheless. These things inevitably are though.

Spurs can't be relied upon to do anything right. Even the fecking words on the flags are spelled wrong. Sort it out Levy. And what's with the concentrated light source instead of actual ambient light throughout? Daniel being cheap again.
I’m not sure they’re spelled incorrectly - I just think they’re upside down. And if that was the joke - bravo.

Last edited:
Please stop. You’re making yourself look silly now. You don’t understand nuts and bolts players - or the need for them, or football. A team of Eriksens would lose every game 50-0.

Shut up. A team of Eriksen's pisses a team of Sissoko's all day long. They just pass round them and run off them. The Sissoko's can't fucking score.

You need a balance of skills. This league is shit deep in grafters, and better ones than Sissoko, one's that don't think the ball's a hand grenade. and can actually do something incisive too.

There are very few Eriksen's.

Definitely felt like we were relying on the south stand to get most of the songs going - hopefully just part of the settling in process as people get accustomed to things.

Still sounded great when it was rocking.

You need a balance of skills.

Get away. I never knew that. I’ve bigged up CE more than anyone on this forum, but unlike you, I don’t form prejudices that I can’t let go of. You’re incapable of being objective - you decide that a player is shit and therefore he’s shit for evermore. You seem to be incapable of constructive criticism going on the ebbs and flows of of a footballer’s form. For you, a player is always good or always bad, and that’s your flaw BC. You’re not a football genius, you’re just another whiny internet person with your faves and hates.

Last edited:
Shut up. A team of Eriksen's pisses a team of Sissoko's all day long. They just pass round them and run off them. The Sissoko's can't fucking score.

You need a balance of skills. This league is shit deep in grafters, and better ones than Sissoko, one's that don't think the ball's a hand grenade. and can actually do something incisive too.

There are very few Eriksen's.

Fucking hell, I never ever thought I would agree with Clash, yet here I am agreeing with him.

You're a numpty.

grandoldteam grandoldteam and I were talking how much we wanted to meet you.
Happy to meet up,maybe when things settle down a bit. I messaged Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor to see if we could meet but the place was heaving, and so it should have been! Maybe against Huddersfield we can organise a TFC meet in a less crowded area than the south stand bar - that area was rammed, would have struggled to pick out my own mother!

I think Poch let sentiment come into his decision making tonight in all honesty. As someone mentioned every single player bar Dier who was injured played a part in tonight's game. Not one of the players signed after we demolished the old place started. Personally I think this was a little bit of recongition and deserved history achieved for those that have served him longest.

I might have it completely wrong but Rose & Davies in the same first XI I've not seen or can't remember happening before.

Back
Top Bottom