The Glorious Tottenham Hotspur vs FC City of Abu-Dhabi

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it's easy to say it in retrospect, but I just had a feeling at some point in that second half. I just felt like there was something special in the air just waiting to happen, it felt like a momentous day for us. Like we absolutely had to win and nothing else would do.
Yes I agree. It was like that wasn't it?? and then we were catapulted into the clouds of football Ecstasy!!

BIYjArRCAAEALLQ.jpg:large

Dont ask me!
I dont know what happened either!

So lets get this out of the way

Ade goes out the 70th minute at 1-0 City ?

10 minutes later........

Spurs 3, City 1

Ade should be 3rd option at Striker right now behind Dempsey and Defoe

Gotta give credit to Dempsey. I haven't been his biggest fan all season, but he was pretty good today; there are some things that he just wont ever be able to do, but at least he tries hard and scores some crucial goals.

Gotta give credit to Dempsey. I haven't been his biggest fan all season, but he was pretty good today; there are some things that he just wont ever be able to do, but at least he tries hard and scores some crucial goals.

He certainly has the knack for that. Shame he hasnt been able to produce it with more regularity this season

I haven't watched this yet, so before I do I'm going to guess that Gareth is asked if he's happy at scoring and he will reply "yeah, obviously it's great to get on the scoresheet but the most important thing is getting the three points." and Defoe will use some variation on "yeah as a striker you just want to be playing all the time and scoring goals."

I haven't watched this yet, so before I do I'm going to guess that Gareth is asked if he's happy at scoring and he will reply "yeah, obviously it's great to get on the scoresheet but the most important thing is getting the three points." and Defoe will use some variation on "yeah as a striker you just want to be playing all the time and scoring goals."
not bad

Well we certainly look better when we have a few players on the pitch with the ability pass and trap the ball!

I swear Parker, Dempsey, Dawson, Walker, and Adebayor all more often than not somehow seem to flick the ball up as they try to trap it and then knee it straight to an opposition player.

Dempsey deserves credit like all the others. Poacher instinct for the goal and lovely through ball for Walker in the first half. Just do stuff like that more often! :bmj:
Dempsey just keeps getting in the right positions to score those huge tap-ins in big games. Some massive goals he's scored for us. It's not luck, it's really good positional awareness; something that perhaps goes unnoticed.

Today, however, he was much more than a guy who slunk around for 75 minutes and popped up with a big goal, he was terrific all game playing largely out of position on the right.

Back
Top Bottom