The Final 12 Games

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still think Wigan at home will hurt us most come the end of the season, unless we pull off an unlikely win against Chelsea or Man City..

Would a win against either of these be that unlikely at the moment? they are both playing absolutely shite at the moment. Especially City, they looked lost and broken against Southampton. And Chavsky have the consistency of a morning bowel movement after a particularly hot vindaloo at the moment.

I guess it just always feels like that!
When ArseAnal won 1-0 at home to Stoke last week, all I could think of was how WE couldn't break them down, and had to settle for 0-0, then again, when we were beating Swansea, I'm sure plenty gooners wondered why THEY manage to lose at home to them, so I totally see your point!

I still think Wigan at home will hurt us most come the end of the season, unless we pull off an unlikely win against Chelsea or Man City..
we were the better team against chelsea last time around whilst we didn't use Hugo OR Bale that day... Since then chelsea have become a yoyo team that bounce between being an ok team and being completely shite.

Man City are in complete disarray with Mancini losing the plot more than ever, if they are gone from the title race you can be fairly certain most of their players will have lost the will to play properly.

Would a win against either of these be that unlikely at the moment? they are both playing absolutely shite at the moment. Especially City, they looked lost and broken against Southampton. And Chavsky have the consistency of a morning bowel movement after a particularly hot vindaloo at the moment.
Great minds Tom :love:

we are not smashing teams and our performances have been very average most of the season, however defensively at the moment we are solid and we are very difficult to score against. Keep Lennon, Bale, Holtby, Dembele and atleast one of strikers fit for the rest of the season and I think 4th will be ours. Although it is well in our grasp I think 3rd is too much for us this season, no matter how much of a mess Chelsea are in. We have difficult home games coming up and tricky away games, we will pick some very good points, but drop some bad points.

I know the last couple of seasons our second half of the season hasn't been great, but we have a different management now and the squad has a completely different attitude in games, we seem to fight for eachother more now.

Great minds Tom:love:

Man City are in complete disarray with Mancini losing the plot more than ever, if they are gone from the title race you can be fairly certain most of their players will have lost the will to play properly.

Tevez already seems like his mind is elsewhere, he didn't turn up on the weekend did he? The rest of the team looked like they couldn't be fucked either.

Of course we feel the pain of our results more than those of other teams. :)

I agree with you Wigan is the worst result for us. That was our lowest point of the season, we didn't just lose, we were abysmal. I'm afraid AVB was getting it badly wrong at that time, but the players on the park still were better than what they showed.

With regard to our performances I don't think most of them have been average at all. Most have been well above average. Average performances would see us drawing at the likes of West Brom Soton Fulham etc. They'd see us getting 0 points off Utd not 4, etc. They'd see us draw with Liverpool and so on.

We play a solid game, and one of our two best players is a keeper, so that doesn't give a lot of flair, but great goalkeeping is just as key as great mid play or striking.

We still play better football than anyone with the exception of Woolwich and Utd and maybe Chelsea.

Lot of teams like Swansea Norwich WBA QPR when they play us they stop playing football and go dirty/defensive because they know we hve better players than them, more skilful etc.

It's hard to break everything down without knowing how the european fixtures unfold. Excluding citys non run- chelseas european run is most likely the easiest (mainly because they'll field reserves). Throw into that equation the FA Cup, and you could see some heavier legs against fresh squads (see newcastle on the 29th of december) I think we should beat the vermin at home, and that should be the most nerve racking 90 minutes of my life. Hopefully the title race tightens up- I'd hate to see united have it wrapped up before they play the filth. As it stands now- I see us getting 4th with us losing to someone we shouldn't and also beating teams we wouldn't have expected.

we are not smashing teams and our performances have been very average most of the season, however defensively at the moment we are solid and we are very difficult to score against. Keep Lennon, Bale, Holtby, Dembele and atleast one of strikers fit for the rest of the season and I think 4th will be ours. Although it is well in our grasp I think 3rd is too much for us this season, no matter how much of a mess Chelsea are in. We have difficult home games coming up and tricky away games, we will pick some very good points, but drop some bad points.

I know the last couple of seasons our second half of the season hasn't been great, but we have a different management now and the squad has a completely different attitude in games, we seem to fight for eachother more now.
This.

I think it's more down to how well we play than how shit the other teams are.

Agree, I fancy us to beat City. If we played them tomorrow I'd have us down for 3 points.

Chelsea are vulnerable but the Bridge is still a hoodoo too far for us ATM, and probably will be still.

Agree, I fancy us to beat City. If we played them tomorrow I'd have us down for 3 points.

Chelsea are vulnerable but the Bridge is still a hoodoo too far for us ATM, and probably will be still.

The Bridge is like a bear pit for them at the moment though, they hate their manager and are on the backs of the players. Their defence is shaky, especially Cahill. Bale could have a fucking field day.

We'll finish between 6th and 3rd we loose some and we'll win some whilst scoring goals.

My ability to see the future is uncanny.

In all serious, we seem different maybe not as buccaneering as under Harry but we seem tougher with a greater will to win and much better defensively, though if Sandro was fit I'd feel infinitely more confident

I think the 'smashing teams' thing is playing on my mind... Both ArseAnal and Chelsea have scored 7 and 8 this season against teams,and whilst that doesn't guarantee success, it don't half send out a message!!!!
We haven't even come close to doing that to anyone yet this season.... We're well overdue a scoreline they have to S P E L L. O U T on final score!!!

The final 12 games, is almost third of the season. Frankly it seldom takes into account when you play certain teams and what form / fight they are carrying into the game.

These hypothetical scenarios are very subjective, at best, and probably left consigned to history.

The one thing I do know is that the gap currently makes the next NLD the type of 6-pointer which will have Jeff Sterling's head exploding with Hyperbole for 90 minutes.

Sky will be advertising it as something undoubtedly crass and ill-conceived in their scatter gun stylee in the build up to the game. :avbshit:

The final 12 games, is almost third of the season. Frankly it seldom takes into account when you play certain teams and what form / fight they are carrying into the game.

These hypothetical scenarios are very subjective, at best, and probably left consigned to history.

The one thing I do know is that the gap currently makes the next NLD the type of 6-pointer which will have Jeff Sterling's head exploding with Hyperbole for 90 minutes.

Sky will be advertising it as something undoubtedly crass and ill-conceived in their scatter gun stylee in the build up to the game. :avbshit:
It will be like a trip to the dentist.

Over the past couple of seasons, by this stage our players were looking knackered and washed-out. This season, they still seem full of energy.

I am convinced that playing in a more structured form with clear tactics helps preserve energy over the season, far more so than "running around a bit"

The Bridge is like a bear pit for them at the moment though, they hate their manager and are on the backs of the players. Their defence is shaky, especially Cahill. Bale could have a fucking field day.
Fair comments - But the times we've had the chance to bust the jinx and failed.

I'll take a point now - but I agree we have a real chance of winning there.

Hopefully for the first time in a long time, we'll actually REAP the benefits of rotation, rather than feeling it was merely the whim of a bored manager feeling he had to do SOMETHING, without any rhyme or reason!

WE. CAN. DO. THIS!!!

I think the 'smashing teams' thing is playing on my mind... Both ArseAnal and Chelsea have scored 7 and 8 this season against teams,and whilst that doesn't guarantee success, it don't half send out a message!!!!
We haven't even come close to doing that to anyone yet this season.... We're well overdue a scoreline they have to S P E L L. O U T on final score!!!

I think you over-worry :) - but each to their own and fair play to your concerns

But .... :) In Woolwich's case what message is it - they get given a gift fixture in a knackered Toon, they get penalties through dives whereas we not only don't get penalties, our players are booked for having the temerity to be fouled in the oppo box.

As for Chelsea what messages are they sending out - very mixed ones indeed.

I don't worry about the times those two teams have scored half a dozen, it's when Woolwich scrape home against Stoke and the Mackems - they're the sickeners and worriers for me.

As I've said before it's points that worry me, not goal difference.

Looking at the fixtures, we don't really need to fuck it up like last year to miss out on the Champions League, which is what worries me. We're 4 ahead of Woolwich, but our schedule is easily 4 points more difficult than theirs is. Chelsea have been consistently shit for a while and yet we're still behind them. I think we'll either need to win at places I maybe wouldn't expect us to win at, or for Woolwich to implode. Both are possible, but last season has just left me a bit nervous about it all! :avbpray:

Back
Top Bottom