Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

do you have stats on Dembele ? there was a season where he was inured all the time and bang average when he played a few games. Overwhelming opinion was to sell him before Pochettino showed faith in him and he evolved into the beast
For PL:
1st season 2300 minutes
Played 90 minutes 13 times
Missed 6 games through injury

do you have stats on Dembele ? there was a season where he was inured all the time and bang average when he played a few games. Overwhelming opinion was to sell him before Pochettino showed faith in him and he evolved into the beast

He was pretty bang average in Poch's first season and hideously unfit - so much so that many wanted him to leave. He wanted to leave, fans wanted him to leave.

Luckily Poch realised he had a special player, got him fit and managed to find him a place.

He was pretty bang average in Poch's first season and hideously unfit - so much so that many wanted him to leave. He wanted to leave, fans wanted him to leave.

Luckily Poch realised he had a special player, got him fit and managed to find him a place.
Pochs first season he missed 7 PL games injured and was benched for 5 and played 90 twice

Pochs second season (the amazing one) he missed 9 PL games and played 90 minutes 17 times

Pochs third season he missed 7 PL games though injury and played 90 minutes 7 times

Pochs 4th season missed 8 PL games through injury and played 90 minutes 10 times

Pochs 5th season he missed 12 PL games, played 90 minutes twice and was sold in January

When did Poch “get him fit”?

I typically find myself defending Poch since he left because of easily debunked BS that folks like Sammy throw around. But on this one I find myself on the other side. I think you give Poch too much credit as far as Dembele is concerned.

He was mostly ineffective in Poch's first year and it's easy to understand because he kept throwing him up on the right. And even after his display in the 5-3 Chelsea game after coming on for an injured Bentaleb (?) Poch wasn't able to see his value in the middle of the park. There were quotes from Dembele saying he would have a sit-down with Poch after the season to see what was up. To his credit he did come back slimmed down.

The next year started the same until the Nov 5th (?) Liverpool game Kloppocalypse at WHL where he again filled in in the CM2. It was only after that where Dembele became a regular there. And even then Poch kept trying to throw Dele back there only to have to switch it up. I'm not sure he ever really understood until it was too late.

Pochs first season he missed 7 PL games injured and was benched for 5 and played 90 twice

Pochs second season (the amazing one) he missed 9 PL games and played 90 minutes 17 times

Pochs third season he missed 7 PL games though injury and played 90 minutes 7 times

Pochs 4th season missed 8 PL games through injury and played 90 minutes 10 times

Pochs 5th season he missed 12 PL games, played 90 minutes twice and was sold in January

I assume during the 15/16 pre-season when he looked a completely different player.

He completed 90 minutes twice in the league throughout the whole of the 14/15 season. You said it yourself.

To then increase that by 800%+ the following season, whilst looking fitter, leaner in 15/16 and performing better than he ever has probably shows that.

Being unfit and being injured isn't mutually exclusive.

I assume during the 15/16 pre-season when he looked a completely different player.

He completed 90 minutes twice in the league throughout the whole of the 14/15 season. You said it yourself.

To then increase that by 800%+ the following season, whilst looking fitter, leaner in 15/16 and performing better than he ever has probably shows that.

Being unfit and being injured isn't mutually exclusive.
Well if we are taking seasons in isolation I can asked what happened last season then?

Maybe the same methods that “got him fit” also ruined his career

Okay just so I have this agenda driven BS correct-

Poch had a squad good enough to win the league.

He underachieved massively whilst ruining the long term health of all of our players with his daily breakfast bleep tests and cross country runs before bed. Along with that he failed to utilise and develop youth and "flop" players who would certainly have gone on to become a part of a title and champions league challenging squad.

Jose now has inherited a squad not good enough to win anything because they've been ruined by Poch. So Jose will need to buy now but only cos Poch ruined an already great squad.

Lmao

Why Poch didn't win anything

Zw7bbhI.jpg

Poch never got him fit really. He played more before Poch got here. Poch then had a boner for Mason, then realising just how shit mason was reverted back to Dembele which is when we had our best seasons. Dembele did do double time baby sitting the other players around him which is also a reason why he was being taken off around 60-70 minute mark and not completing 90 minutes. No wonder with someone to babysit them, the rest of the CMs have fallen apart.

Poch did fuck all for Dembele, it was Dembele who made Poch.

In Poch's first season he preferred Mason and Bentaleb as his CM2 partnership with Dembele either on the bench or being played as a RM. It was in this season, (and indeed before where he wasn't playing that much either) that he would regularly be on the 'sell and find someone better' list of many fans (myself included)

Only in Poch 2nd season was Dembele regularly played in central midfield where he gradually became recognised as 'the Beast', but not initially think it was really Dembele's 2nd season as CM where his reputation as The Beast really took off.

Okay just so I have this agenda driven BS correct-

Poch had a squad good enough to win the league.

He underachieved massively whilst ruining the long term health of all of our players with his daily breakfast bleep tests and cross country runs before bed. Along with that he failed to utilise and develop youth and "flop" players who would certainly have gone on to become a part of a title and champions league challenging squad.

Jose now has inherited a squad not good enough to win anything because they've been ruined by Poch. So Jose will need to buy now but only cos Poch ruined an already great squad.

Lmao
What part of what you wrote is the joke though.
It’s pretty much bang on.

Poch said it can take up to two years for a player to show quality. People lapped it up in defence of Ndombele.

But when it’s pointed out that certain players were given 300 minutes in over 50 games over an entire season, it’s claimed they were “shit”.

I suppose when you crown someone as a miracle working Messiah, everything they do is right. Dangerous territory and down right embarrassing when it comes to something as menial as football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom