Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You don't know what he's up to behind the scenes, what his issues are and how his body is reacting to them? Has he got a lagging injury he's trying to shake off? The groin is well known to be a real hassle to clear yourself of.

It was only a month or so ago people were saying we wouldn't keep hold of Lo Celso. All of a sudden he clicks and many see him as an important player now. Let's give Tanguy a little time as a young man findinging his feet in a new plane and a new style of football. We don't know the situation so to judge it wouldn't be fair.

Everyone who observes Kane's condition when he comes back from a prolonged absence due to injury can see he put in the time and effort to remain fit and well conditioned to do a 90 minute game when called upon. It's an obligation to his club, supporters and himself. On the contrary, Ndombele does not look fit and as evidenced from his huffing and puffing after being on the pitch for over 15 minutes, it is not because his "body just looks that way". that is a pretty big problem for a guy who also participated in a full pre season with the team and raking in 175k a week.

I know hes class. Potentially world class

But he needs to get fit asap

Hes our record signing. We are depending on him.

Agreed but if he is struggling but doing all he can to get there then it ain't his fault. Joao Felix at Atletico Madrid and Griezmann at Barcelona are both having tough seasons as well. Big fees paid don't neccesailry equate to a guarantee that they will hit the ground running. I think we'd be better off leaving him alone and letting it come when it's time to, even if that means a couple more months of being patient with the kid.

Ideally he's ready now but he ain't so we as a fanbase need to suck it up and take it on the chin for the time being

Everyone who observes Kane's condition when he comes back from a prolonged absence due to injury can see he put in the time and effort to remain fit and well conditioned to do a 90 minute game when called upon. It's an obligation to his club, supporters and himself. On the contrary, Ndombele does not look fit and as evidenced from his huffing and puffing after being on the pitch for over 15 minutes, it is not because his "body just looks that way". that is a pretty big problem for a guy who also participated in a full pre season with the team and raking in 175k a week.

It doesn't matter how much he's been offered to play for Spurs, that's our issue not his. I don't ask he's ready right now all I do ask is that he gives it what he can until he gets there with us.

He's blessed with unreal talent. Yes he needs to ultimately be the one who gets there with us but as a club and a fanbase we need to ensure he has the support to reach those levels.

He's completed 90 minutes in this league so far and has had 3 spells out (Hamstring, Groin and other not known but I recall something about his hip but I might be mistaken). It's too early to be ripping him a new one, the factors surrounding him for me make it too harsh to so early on.

Agreed but if he is struggling but doing all he can to get there then it ain't his fault. Joao Felix at Atletico Madrid and Griezmann at Barcelona are both having tough seasons as well. Big fees paid don't neccesailry equate to a guarantee that they will hit the ground running. I think we'd be better off leaving him alone and letting it come when it's time to, even if that means a couple more months of being patient with the kid.

Ideally he's ready now but he ain't so we as a fanbase need to suck it up.
Especially, when you jump into the most demanding league and start with health problems. His touch oozes class, if he realises fully his potential he's gonna be world class. We can clearly see limits of Moura, Son, Davies, Aurier etc, and yet look how vital they are for us.

Funny how Grealish, playing well is hyped.
And Ndombele, making one good pass a game and shattered after 9 minutes is some kind of Pirlo.

can you please not use everybody hyping tanguy up to comment on my quote pleaaase thank you. I'm just saying i think grealish is the flavor for the year and thats it.

aXxoP0l.jpg

4jZWxyb.jpg

Some people on here still seem in doubt, but I think it is clear from the photos that he's put on weight. That's how I interpret some of Mou's comments about him and the sense of frustration behind them. E.g. 'he's not injured, but he can't play 90 mins' and the comment about putting him on a global training programme including personalised nutrition.

All this suggests to me that Tanguy lacks a bit of professionalism - no way a Harry Kane or Cristiano would ever allow themselves to get like this. On the other hand the attitude needed is something he can still learn: he's young and adjusting to a new environment. Harry Kane has spoken about being told by Poch, when he first joined, that he needed to work harder and how the penny dropped. Sooner or later Tanguy has to realise the sacrifices needed to get fit for the Premier League. Next pre-season is crucial.

aXxoP0l.jpg

4jZWxyb.jpg

Some people on here still seem in doubt, but I think it is clear from the photos that he's put on weight. That's how I interpret some of Mou's comments about him and the sense of frustration behind them. E.g. 'he's not injured, but he can't play 90 mins' and the comment about putting him on a global training programme including personalised nutrition.

All this suggests to me that Tanguy lacks a bit of professionalism - no way a Harry Kane or Cristiano would ever allow themselves to get like this. On the other hand the attitude needed is something he can still learn: he's young and adjusting to a new environment. Harry Kane has spoken about being told by Poch, when he first joined, that he needed to work harder and how the penny dropped. Sooner or later Tanguy has to realise the sacrifices needed to get fit for the Premier League. Next pre-season is crucial.

too much jollof rice

aXxoP0l.jpg

4jZWxyb.jpg

And as we know, this is not the first time he has allowed himself to be overweight.

aXxoP0l.jpg

4jZWxyb.jpg

Not sure I can entirely tell the difference from the two photos provided. Different angles for a start.

When was the in game photo taken? What game?

Not sure I can entirely tell the difference from the two photos provided. Different angles for a start.

When was the in game photo taken? What game?
No idea when the second one was taken to be honest, but the fact it was after the first one was supposed to make the point. Don't you think he looked thinner when he signed, than now?

No idea when the second one was taken to be honest, but the fact it was after the first one was supposed to make the point. Don't you think he looked thinner when he signed, than now?

I honestly can’t tell the difference.

He definitely needs to work on his fitness though for sure. If he could last the game he’d be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom