Tactics under Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[FORMATION=433, Lloris, Walker-Peters, Sanchez, Toby, Rose, Dier, Lo Celso, Winks, Lucas, Kane, Son][/FORMATION]

This is my thinking, Dele to be made an 'example' of and axed then sold next summer. Money to be spent on full backs, Aurier to be first choice at the beginning but Jose to hate him. Toby to sign on - Jan and Vertonghen out in Jan or contracts expire. Rose to be sold. Ndombele to become a bit part player. Been trying to find videos of him talking about us on Sky cause I think those would be interesting to watch now. As much as I wanted Poch to stay and think this is the wrong call, I am excited that now I have no clue what is going to happen. It's almost like getting dumped and then you come to the realisation that now you're single you can do whatever you want.
Lo Celso would never play in the holding role in a 4-3-3

Gazza
Foyth Toby Sanchez Rose
Winks Dier Ndombele
Lo Celso Kane Son

Think likely to see a 4-3-3. Mourinho from memory tends to like an all round attacking number 10 as a false wide forward.

If you take Willian at Chelsea we have Lo Celso who can do the same, tackle and track back allowing us to ‘park the bus’ but also link and create. Lo Celso is ready made for José’s system IMO.

Dier will almost certainly be there to cover for the defensive frailties of Winks and Ndombele, although all will be expected to work like dogs.

Toby also looked to have fallen out with Poch or something, he hasn’t been right for a while. Him and Verts could quickly be back to old form especially if Dier successfully takes up DM again. Still think we need a top class DM.

Gazza
Foyth Toby Sanchez Rose
Winks Dier Ndombele
Lo Celso Kane Son

Think likely to see a 4-3-3. Mourinho from memory tends to like an all round attacking number 10 as a false wide forward.

If you take Willian at Chelsea we have Lo Celso who can do the same, tackle and track back allowing us to ‘park the bus’ but also link and create. Lo Celso is ready made for José’s system IMO.

Dier will almost certainly be there to cover for the defensive frailties of Winks and Ndombele, although all will be expected to work like dogs.

Toby also looked to have fallen out with Poch or something, he hasn’t been right for a while. Him and Verts could quickly be back to old form especially if Dier successfully takes up DM again. Still think we need a top class DM.
I think that's pretty close. I'd switch GLC for Winks and then put Lamela or Lucas up front.

Think Deles days might be numbered under Mou he doesn't like passengers. I expect our midfield to look like this Dier, Ndombele, with Lo Celso behind Kane then Son and Moura either flank
In the training video, the person he seemed the closest to was surprisingly Dele.

Imagine not being able to react to losing Ben Davies!!

Does this not worry anyone?

If losing Ben Davies is a massive blow to your attacking structure and you can't then adapt and find a solution to that, then what does that say about the manager?

Yeah I don't really buy this as I think Jan can play that role perfectly well tbh. It's not like Davies is blessed with pace.

Loving the tactics conversations amongst fans, football manager at its best. I think we should just let Jose do his thing, he knows more about this than all of us plus he sees them in training everyday so he knows who the best players to pick for the game
I guess we should just shut down the forums then!

Let Levy sign the players, Mou coach the team and the fans just shut up and pay the 1k for the season ticket :)

Think we will see 2 defensive midfielders starting games with wide attackers doing a lot of running back with the squad we have now.

Can see us improving from set pieces, with Lo Celso showing some potential there.

Actually can see Eriksen turning his form around and buying into this as a new challenge.

Mourinho has been careful about picking his next job, and he wants this.
He has spoken recently about changing the way he approaches football and I believe mentioned about wanting to lay down a long term dynasty with a club.. we shall see.. But this could work out.

Loving the tactics conversations amongst fans, football manager at its best. I think we should just let Jose do his thing, he knows more about this than all of us plus he sees them in training everyday so he knows who the best players to pick for the game

Most important thing would be to start winning games regularly again.
3 wins from 12 in the league is awful so far.

Next would be to actually win away from home.

Dont really care how we play short term, we just need to build confidence and a winning mentality

He’s a Demi God in Portugal. The opening news in every news station was him signing. Never saw Tottenham do the headlines in Portugal. Not even when qualified for the European final. He will be a HUGE draw to sign Portuguese players and top players in general

Oh Lordy.

I'm starting to warm to the idea.

:myword:

If only Pogba had been Portugese!

I think Dier will be the first to benefit from Mourinhos appointment...
Big, DM... and don't underestimate the 'Portugese' link...
It's partly why I think Jose liked/likes him so much...
He has all the attributes of an old fashioned English defender, but with the added bonus of a Portugese upbringing!
Is pogba the fucking diva clown the benchmark of professional players? Pros like lampard never had a bad word to say about Mourinho.

Back
Top Bottom