Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has anyone else not yet received their tickets for this game? I called the ticket office and they said wait til tomorrows post.
Also - I'm going on the Club organised Thomas Cook train from Euston tomorrow - anyone else on the forum going on this train?

Real question here is how can we manage squad rotation without hampering performance too much.I consider swansea away (without llorente) not as difficult as watford at home ( with 2.5 days recovery).So i think I would like to see some of the squad players get a run here.

------------Jassen----------------
Son-------Dele--------Sissoko
--------dembele--Dier--------
Davies--Vert---Ald----Walker
-------------lloris------------------

Subs : Eriksen ,Wanyama ,Wimmer, Trippier.

Substitute Wanyama on to replace :dembele 60 minute
Substitute: Eriksen on to replace Son:60th or so minute
Subtite : Wimmer on to replace Vert if we are 2 -3 goals up.

Excited to see a well-rested Walker for this one. It'll more than likely end up being a surprisingly difficult match with plenty of squeaky-bun moments...

But if it's not, and we somehow get a comfortable lead, then I'd want Walker to be subbed off and kept fresh for Watford.

Excited to see a well-rested Walker for this one. It'll more than likely end up being a surprisingly difficult match with plenty of squeaky-bun moments...

But if it's not, and we somehow get a comfortable lead, then I'd want Walker to be subbed off and kept fresh for Watford.

There'll only be squeaky-bun moments if fatty Janssen is starting!!

I agree, that rotation this week is key... 3 games in 7 days is an ask at this stage of the season...

Walker will be fresh as a daisy... Dembele and Son have had 45 minutes (which to be fair, is only probably 15-20 minutes more than we'd have expected had it not been for the injuries at the weekend...)
Verts and Jan can cope at the back...
Davies is probably better suited to a 4-4-2 anyway...
Dier and Dembele have played CM last season, and thrived...

It's just about what mentality we show up with...

Last Saturday is long gone and forgotten... next Saturday shouldn't even enter our thoughts.
All our focus is on Wednesday, and this one game.

COYMFS!

Real question here is how can we manage squad rotation without hampering performance too much.I consider swansea away (without llorente) not as difficult as watford at home ( with 2.5 days recovery).So i think I would like to see some of the squad players get a run here.

------------Jassen----------------
Son-------Dele--------Sissoko
--------dembele--Dier--------
Davies--Vert---Ald----Walker
-------------lloris------------------

Subs : Eriksen ,Wanyama ,Wimmer, Trippier.

Substitute Wanyama on to replace :dembele 60 minute
Substitute: Eriksen on to replace Son:60th or so minute
Subtite : Wimmer on to replace Vert if we are 2 -3 goals up.
Any thoughts on the brand of liniment the physios might select?

I suspect we'll see Trippier back in for the Watford game. He's played every fixture against them since we signed him and he always has a blinder - goal or assist every time so far.

I must admit, I'd rather we increase the gap on Liverpool and City rather than close the gap on Chelsea. We have a history of 'bottling' it and if the title is ever in our own hands, I don't trust us to win out.

I must admit, I'd rather we increase the gap on Liverpool and City rather than close the gap on Chelsea. We have a history of 'bottling' it and if the title is ever in our own hands, I don't trust us to win out.
What a pointless fucking post. Either we get 3 points or we don't; the impact on those above and below us would be the same. Fuck 'em all. COYS.

What a pointless fucking post. Either we get 3 points or we don't; the impact on those above and below us would be the same. Fuck 'em all. COYS.
That's not what I'm trying to say, sometimes I'm in a fuck it mood where every game is just an individual entity, but if we start closing the gap on Chelsea or overtake them, every game will be grouped as one where it comes to the scenario of 'if we win them all, we win the league' with say 3 or 4 games remaining.

Would be fucking exciting though mind you

That's not what I'm trying to say, sometimes I'm in a fuck it mood where every game is just an individual entity, but if we start closing the gap on Chelsea or overtake them, every game will be grouped as one where it comes to the scenario of 'if we win them all, we win the league' with say 3 or 4 games remaining.

Would be fucking exciting though mind you
Exactly.
I still haven't come to terms on us actually being REALLY fucking good that we're talked about challenging for the bloody LEAGUE TITLE!

But THAT'S where the mentality of both the fans AND the players HAS to change....
There's no point being terrified of being really fucking GOOD!!

We SHOULD be terrified of being shit... and fighting relegation each year, now THAT WOULD terrify me!

We have to learn to ENJOY the good times, 'cos we've certainly ENDURED the bad.... and even THOSE bad times weren't as bad as some others have had!

We're lucky enough to be IN THIS MOMENT... on the cusp of a massive development in our history... a team on the verge of potential greatness (and NOT just a one-season wonder, or a 'once in a lifetime FAIRYFUCKINGTALE'!)
Plus a spectaulcular new ground to match!

We're in this for the long haul... no time to be getting nervous now..... It's time to start getting USED to it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom