Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They've improved greatly under Clement- I'm intrigued about him as a coach... Hadn't heard a lot about him until he took over. I really like them as a team, mostly cause they play attacking ball, and wish we didn't have to beat them now as I am hoping they survive relegation...

...But, since we need the win, fuck it, get on out there and get the 'W' boys!
Should be interesting to see our ex-man Tom Carroll in action too! Hes had a great start there from what I have heard...

Same team as the weekend except I guess we start some combo of Dembele/Sissoko/Wimmer for the injured Wanyama/Winks. (side thought: is Wimmer still alive?):

dier-toby-jan
dembele-sissoko

-or-

toby-jan-wimmer
dier-dembele

Some combination of Son/Jannsen up top, on/off around 60' should do fine, too.

Would like to see Wanyama being rested regardless of if he's fit or not and play with 4 at the back. Going to be a tough week with 3 games in 8 days.

4 at the back might be most reasonable if Wimmer is out of the mix...
We are still in a bit of a title race for now- can't really afford to start CCV- right?

Parking a bus?!
I see the point.
Walker and Davies playing high up the pitch. Dier, very good at providing quick link between back 3 and attack (esp to Dele, lol). Could be quite attacking. CCV though. Anyone else be able to play in a back 3?

I havent seen enough of Swans to know whether they have pace in their defence. Kyle N not the quickest.

Beat this lot.
City beat Chelsea.
We beat Watford in the early game on Saturday.
Chelseas lead is down to one point before they play Bournemouth.

I know I'm dreaming, but realistically, Chelsea could very well be under a lot of pressure at the weekend.

I see we are playing Wednesday and then lunch time Saturday. What's that shit about!?

Atleast we play before Chelsea I suppose which is a breath of fresh air after the shenanigans of playing after Leicester every single damn week last season.

We need Kane, Rose and Wanyama back asap. There is no player left to replace another injury. It's obvious that Poch doesn't trust GKN, Sissoko or even Wimmer.

Lloris
Walker Toby Verts Davies
Dier Dembele
Eriksen Dele Son
Janssen

No more injuries please. Why does it have to happen this fucking week, when he have mid day game. Hate it.

City will annihilate Chelski.

So...come one you Spurs! Can't have those foolish point dropping anymore!

Harry Kane
Ankle

Harry is continuing with individual work outdoors.

Erik Lamela
Hip

Erik's surgery took place on Saturday in Barcelona, where he is now recuperating before commencing rehabilitation under the supervision of a member of our medical team.

Danny Rose
Knee

Danny is continuing to progress with his rehabilitation.

Victor Wanyama
Back

Victor is being assessed to determine availability for Wednesday’s fixture against Swansea City.

Harry Winks
Ankle

Further assessment and tests are taking place to determine the full extent of Harry's injury.

I think Wanyama could be rested for this one (or at least start on the bench)... try to keep some continuity with the team that finished the job vs. Burnley.
Dembele/Dier works in CM... we know that from last year... 4 at the back wouldn't be so bad (especially as I actually think it suits Davies better anyway!)

The question is whether we give Vinny one last chance... or just start with Son, and keep him there until Kane is back!
I'm OK with the idea of Janssen playing in any of the next three games... after all, he's precisely the type of player needed to hold the ball up... just not so good at scoring them!
... but when we start getting to the real business end of the season, I doubt he'll be anywhere near the ground... let alone the starting line-up/bench!

Back
Top Bottom