Swansea at Wembley - 16 Sep, 17:30KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure we don't need two holding mids but Poch has played two in almost every single game under his charge for us. He may have played only one a few times but I don't remember.

Thank you.

We can all sit here and play fantasy football all we like and throw in 4 AM's, but we're not going to. We have 3 AM's to pick from, why would we play all 3 and risky injury during such an important time?

Sissoko has to start IMO and the team will more or less be the same as last week.

Against someone like Swansea I'd like to see us keep the 3/diamond in midfield, but fill it with mnore attacking players. I don't think we need two holding midfielders against Swansea.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Dier - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Son
Kane
It pretty much keeps the same setup we had against Everton, but with Dele in the Sissoko role which was one that was pretty attacking anyway. It wouldn't even necessarily mean that Dele would have to drop back, he could play alongside Son, just behind Kane, with Eriksen either dropping deeper or playing just behind the front 3 but ahead of Dier. Against the weaker sides I think this is our best setup.

same team as mid week, except dele comes in to replace son, Sissoko to replace Dembele and trippier for Aurier, I don't see this as us dropping son, more as resting him as he if he picks up a knock leave us pretty fucked for the CL.......

No errors, Poch gets its right and we take our chances, no reason why all 3 ponits are not ours. COYS
He got it spot on against Dortmund. I think if he goes with same approach then we will have far too much for Swansea. It's just where Dele will slot back in. Sons pace makes us so dangerous at Wembley.

I have a hunch that Kane might be rested (or on bench) and Llorente starts.

I don't think he will. We have a couple of teams who will be finishing around us playing each other today. Although it's still early in the season, it's still important to get ahead of them, or catch up.

Against someone like Swansea I'd like to see us keep the 3/diamond in midfield, but fill it with mnore attacking players. I don't think we need two holding midfielders against Swansea.

Lloris
Alderweireld - Sanchez - Vertonghen
Aurier - Dier - Davies
Dele - Eriksen
Son
Kane
It pretty much keeps the same setup we had against Everton, but with Dele in the Sissoko role which was one that was pretty attacking anyway. It wouldn't even necessarily mean that Dele would have to drop back, he could play alongside Son, just behind Kane, with Eriksen either dropping deeper or playing just behind the front 3 but ahead of Dier. Against the weaker sides I think this is our best setup.
Dembele will play so no Son I feel.

I have a hunch that Llorente will play a part... but that IF he scores, will not celebrate!
tumblr_n9xjfy2vmM1tdo66yo1_500.gif

I like to see Llorente play longer than 15 min today. Good possible scenario would be for us to ne up like 3:0 by 70 min and let Harry off w LLorente

Not necessarily bc its against his old team. I just want to see him play more about now. I thought he looked great for the short 7 min apearance on the last

I think Llorente comes on off the bench. Like Son he missed almost all of pre-season due to breaking his arm so he's probably not fit for 90 minutes just yet

Back
Top Bottom