Surviving the summer without spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Lions tour, Confederations Cup and Wimbledon so far, the Ashes should take care of a few more weeks then its preseason friendly time.

Remember I'm in a relationship.

Definitely get out of London much more often to see friends/family over the weekends where normally that would be a little more difficult.

But summers without the internet allowed you to switch off from football far easier, now it is still a daily part of my life.

Thankfully I've recently started watching Formula 1, also PSN+ have been doing some great freebies these past couple of months. i.e. Battlefield 3 and Saints Row 3.

Cricket and tennis is for fairies..

:vdvdive:

I should also add that I never leave the house and have zero friends.

I go back to my summer sport of baseball and support my Chicago Cubs. Its a lot easier on the heart because I know that they won't even come close to winning anything but its just as disappointing. :defoe:

I start exclusive forums in the hope of dividing and destroying online communities.
tumblr_m7xatfs1SN1r80d9j_large.gif

To get me through? It's a fucking respite mate. I gather my jangled nerves and regroup, ready for the new season of fear. Then, with Summer Holibobs out of the way and in a nice relaxed mood, just as I think I've got my nose in front and might start enjoying things this season, we lose to Palace 5:0 and Levy brings in Carlton Cole as a surprise deadline day present to solve the striker problem...

Oi Vey, to be a Spurs supporter my dears.

This! 100%

Every year it's like Groundhog day. I'll spend the last weeks of the season with my sanity, heart and bank balance breaking. I then go through the usual ritual of burning Woolwich effigies in my garden whilst screaming 'Why have you foresaken me' to the Gods in the rain. Then I breathe a sigh of relief when its finally all over and I can just enjoy a break from it all.
I fill my time with family, a spot of light reading, knitting, basket weaving, pottery, watercolors and high tea at the Ritz. The around, well about now I reckon, I'll start to get that familar feeling of 'This year will be different' and before I know it I'm desperate for the season to start again like some sado-masichist...

...because my friends this is the eternal spiral of supporting Spurs, high hopes which will always be dashed on the rocks of reality.

Wouldn't have it any other way. (Insert 'I Can't Smile Without You' about here...) :freundgoal:

Back
Top Bottom