Surviving the summer without spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Flav

The Fighting Cock
There's been an article written about surviving the summer without Tottenham. Needs a few more suggestions.

What do you do to get through?

Be funny. No one gives a fuck about your garden

To get me through? It's a fucking respite mate. I gather my jangled nerves and regroup, ready for the new season of fear. Then, with Summer Holibobs out of the way and in a nice relaxed mood, just as I think I've got my nose in front and might start enjoying things this season, we lose to Palace 5:0 and Levy brings in Carlton Cole as a surprise deadline day present to solve the striker problem...

Oi Vey, to be a Spurs supporter my dears.

I usually get out all my other sporting paraphernalia from the shed - golf clubs, fishing kit, mountain bike, windsurf gear, roller blades and pom-poms - dust off the cobwebs, polish them up and eventually think "fuck it, I can't be arsed"!
Then go back to hitting refresh every 30 seconds on transfer news threads. :(

I garden. The moles wear the new ársenal kit and shout "Yid wanker" at me while I whack 'em with my mallet. Then I bury them under the bastard little mounds of dirt they leave all over my lovely, lovely lawn.

I didn't go without Spurs during the summer. When I'm not working I hang around the internet like a sad bastard reading every shred of news and transfer gossip, every kit announcement and review every AVB haircut that takes place within three months.

I spend most of my time waiting for some noise from the ITK's, dismiss anything I don't like the sound of, cunt them all off and then moan about having no transfer news...

...same as everyone else really.

Personally, I tend to indulge in other sports as much as possible - mainly tennis and F1. Makes it easier to 'forget' Spurs are on a break. That and the daily those of ITKocaine.

I search out random gifs and post them on message boards.
tumblr_mmruei9ZRb1s8xle4o1_400.gif

trollface.gif

lucille-bluth-flail.gif

1373375_o.gif

Back
Top Bottom