Super Spurs versus Carbon City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm really not surprised by our win and performance, I was nervous that if we missed this opportunity the rest of the league might treat City as being unbeatable and just let them walk the league. Now everyone of them can see playing them is nothing to be scared of.

We made them look so average in the first half, reminded me of when we turned up to Dortmund last year and got a lesson.

Wanyama was excellent.......where's that City fan that was saying Fernandinho is the best defensive midfielder in the league?....

Didn't watch the game live but just watched the first half replay, is it just me or is Gary Cunt Neville sick as a pig that we are winning and complete control even when City have good possession, he seems desperate to make excuses for them or create false hope , Spurs performance has really seemed to have unsettled him , very very odd for a former United great

It's just you.

Every match report has a sub heading saying "Are Tottenham title contenders?"

Doesn't really need to be posed as a question. 2nd placed team beats the 'favourites' convincingly...

I only watched the second half where we seemed to have only about 25% of the possession.
There was no outlet, no one up front to hold the ball up. I assume the first half was much better for us.

I only watched the second half where we seemed to have only about 25% of the possession.
There was no outlet, no one up front to hold the ball up. I assume the first half was much better for us.

We could have been 4 or 5 up in the first half - they were so open to counter attacks.

Second half we just needed to contain them, they were throwing on £30 - £40m signings and still couldn't create any proper chances.

Every match report has a sub heading saying "Are Tottenham title contenders?"

Doesn't really need to be posed as a question. 2nd placed team beats the 'favourites' convincingly...
Driving home and Talksport didn't even discuss the game for the whole journey home. They were talking about Manu and get this, "Is that result at WHL good news for Liverpool"?, followed by hot topic of discussion and Liverpool fans phoning in to discuss.

Haha as I write this now Tony Evans on TS first comments about the game are "Tottenham have got a problem over their mentality, just look at the penalty incident" What a fucking Scouse cunt.

Driving home and Talksport didn't even discuss the game for the whole journey home. They were talking about Manu and get this, "Is that result at WHL good news for Liverpool"?, followed by hot topic of discussion and Liverpool fans phoning in to discuss.

Haha as I write this now Tony Evans on TS first comments about the game are "Tottenham have got a problem over their mentality, just look at the penalty incident" What a fucking Scouse cunt.

We now have a run of 3 games that we are expected to win, or at least not lose, so it could be that they don't even mention us as contenders until the Scum game by which point we could easily have been top for the best part of a month (if City fail to beat Everton).

I'm really not surprised by our win and performance, I was nervous that if we missed this opportunity the rest of the league might treat City as being unbeatable and just let them walk the league. Now everyone of them can see playing them is nothing to be scared of.

We made them look so average in the first half, reminded me of when we turned up to Dortmund last year and got a lesson.

Wanyama was excellent.......where's that City fan that was saying Fernandinho is the best defensive midfielder in the league?....

Not only the League, but better than Makelele.

So Fernandinho is the best DM ever.

Brilliant result brilliant prefomace but most importantly this is not Spurs playing out of their skin. This is Tottenham the hardest team in England to beat. We are genuine title contenders

Just finished watching the full match replays and that was just fantastic I think 2-0 flattered them , with some of the first teamers missing and some of the up and comers we have in the squad to add it's definitely the most exciting Spurs team in decades.

Now that's how you make a statement..

What an absolute pleasure it is to watch this team. We controlled this from the first minute,everyone of them was outstanding.
I remember watching us against Man City under AVB, I looked at the clock and thought fuck me we have 75mins left of this, please blow up now..Today, I looked at the clock with 10 minutes left, we were beating Man City 2-0 and should be wishing for the final whistle, all I was thinking was, shit only 10 minutes left, I want this to go on because I knew they would not break us down.

The mentality of this team is top notch as is the effort and team spirit. We have a very special group of players and a very special manager.
I can't praise each and every player up enough.. Sissoko, Wanyama, Son etc etc etc.. all first class and all deserve to sit in that dressing room knowing they totally outplayed this seasons stand out team..

No doubt the media will be saying Man City were off their game blah blah blah.. I made the mistake of listening to talksport thinking that it would all be about how well we played but all they could concentrate on was how embarrassing it was when Son and Lamela squabbled over who should take the pen..
Even that or yet another Woolwich late none goal won't take away the enjoyment I had sitting there watching us destroy Man City..

Pity it's International break time...

Had to sit the game out in radio silence until I got home to watch it on the sky box.
I think it's fair to say that we made them look relatively ordinary and our defence showed that you have to beat us now and not simply wait for us to implode - as was the case in the past.
Not sure why such a good striker of the ball like Erissen doesn't take penalties and wasn't surprised to see it saved.

Only downside was seeing the goons scrape through. I can see this being a battle between us the grief monkeys and the goons, but citeh can just go out and lash quarter of a billion on beefing the side up come December - so who knows.

Happy days!

Back
Top Bottom