Sunderland at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone put together a gif for that mind blowing overhead flick that modric placed to BAE in the first half?

Just about jizzed my pants when I saw him do that, double covered, I think.

VirginiaSpur said:
Can anyone put together a gif for that mind blowing overhead flick that modric placed to BAE in the first half?

Just about jizzed my pants when I saw him do that, double covered, I think.

Late home from work so haven't seen anything from the game :( sounded a slightly frustrating match from all accounts (Bar jizz in your pants Modric moment), couple sitters missed if the media is to be believed. Do BBC have MOTD2 on demand?

Flannerz said:
Games like this we used to draw or lose 1-0. We managed to grind out the win without our two wingers

I think this hits the nail right on the head. Grinding out games that, historically, didn't yield 3 points is huge. And I think this type of match is a confidence builder as well. I'm sure there were a few looks in the room afterward that said "right, boys, we've got something going here. keep it up."

Was a good game from the stands yesterday.

1st half was frustrating, we weren't really ourselves giving the ball away on multiple occasions and not harassing Sunderland on the ball. We had a habit of giving away silly freekicks that could well of cost us overall.

Was great to see BAE and Walker got plenty of time on the ball. When Lennon went off injured, they were our only outlets for pace, so we had to utilize it. It also helped that Sunderland gave Benny ACRES of space.

Happy with the second half, we were much better on the ball, Sandro made some crucial tackles (albeit some of them were after he'd lost the ball originally) and we all left with smiles on our faces. Especially the guys around me, who after spending 15/20 minutes slagging Pav off (I was one of them as well) he pops up with a great finish. I think we were more stunned than celebrating.

Modric was at his best in the second half, VDV using his MADSKILLZ© to play himself out of trouble on more than one occasion was an added bonus.

All in all, chuffed with the 3 points.

Added bonus was watching the second half of the Gooner match in some pub near Seven Sisters. Going fucking mental when Silva scored.

Would it be fair to say that pass was 'Hoddlesque'? The more I re-watch it the more I want to gestate its children.

To the tune of the Adams Family.....

He's not as good as Hoddle, He's better than Chris Waddle, His missus is a model, It Rafa van Der Vaart!!!

kushty said:
I believe it was Rafa's 40 yard cross field volley to BAE yesterday which was the pass that made me cream my knickers

And he done in twice in 5 minutes.

Thought Gallas played really well, as did Walker and Sandro. VDV had his best game for a while I thought as well.

We were back to the days of a Jenas, Carrick, Tainio and Davids at times with the 4 midfielders all playing central. Lucky enough the 4 we have now are better than them 4.

Hopefully Bale will be back to rip the Chelsea right-back/defence a new one Thursday. Even without him I think we are definitely capable of getting 3 points.

Luka's flick and Rafa's long passing were swoonworthy, but my enjoyment came from watching Sandro blow people up. He definitely garnered the most WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! moments for me.

Tribute to Sandro...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIvEVkAfW4[/youtube]

There was one moment when he tackled Sessen-yong after tracking him to the penalty box and made the challenge from behind. For a half second I thuoght 'fuck, penalty'. Then I realised Sandro was running away with the ball.

B-E-A-S-T

Back
Top Bottom