Sunderland at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We did it against Fulham in that 2nd half.. we did it against WBA after a shit start.. we did got a point at Stoke which was wrongly disallowed, and here. These are the types of performances you always saw Man Utd or Chelsea do and called them a bunch of jammy cunts... WE'RE THOSE JAMMY CUNTS NOW! WAYYHAYYYEEEEEEEEEE!

Sandro!!!

Actually, to be honest I think the most positive thing about that game was the sense of urgency about the players in the few minutes before the goal. It looked like the entire stadium was urging the team on and they responded incredibly well. Van der Vart looked like Keane at his best, hustling Sunderland players on the ball and forcing them to make a mistake. I think he's proved today why he is ahead of Defoe in the pecking order - also that pass to Ekotto was magnificent. :shades:

Re VDV being like Keane at his best, that's the thing with VDV, he's got all the makings of a proper, face on banner type legend. If he has a season where he maintains his passionate approach for the duration (and we achieve something in that season) he'll go down in folklore.

But more on topic though, we can sit here and say 'winners grind out wins in difficult games' which is correct, definitely, but we've already seen us grinding wins out. I'm well happy we are capable of doing it now, and with the three points today, but if we have to grind out too many then eventually we'll lose some and the old gripes will be back straight away.

Back
Top Bottom