Sunderland at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

YidoBuckler said:
drwinston001 said:
I'd still expect us to play 4411 or 442. Either way vdV will start unless injured. It'll be Defoe or Lennon who will miss out.

Very harsh on Lennon being subbed yesterday, he had the beating of Woody and got him booked. Thought he was our one bright spark in the first half, hope this doesn't knock his confidence.

Hope not but doubt it will, seems like a good pro does Azza, I'm sure knew the score...

Sibs said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we went 3-5-2 to start as we left off... Especially at home.

I'd tries and give is a nice 2-0 lead and then tighten up in the second half... By which I mean take off a striker and bring on Lennon so Walker can drop back, take bassong off for benny and bale can go forward... This would throw them completely

Don't think we'll have enough CB's will we? As I alluded to earlier Kaboul is out and would King be worth the risk with the Chavs on Thursday?

thedutchman said:
Sibs said:
I wouldn't be surprised if we went 3-5-2 to start as we left off... Especially at home.

I'd tries and give is a nice 2-0 lead and then tighten up in the second half... By which I mean take off a striker and bring on Lennon so Walker can drop back, take bassong off for benny and bale can go forward... This would throw them completely

Don't think we'll have enough CB's will we? As I alluded to earlier Kaboul is out and would King be worth the risk with the Chavs on Thursday?

Yes, you're right...
Unless we stuck Charlie there which would be a bad idea

Sibs said:
thedutchman said:
Sibs said:

Yes, you're right...
Unless we stuck Charlie there which would be a bad idea

:harryblow:

If Charlie had been playing regularly at RB I'd be inclined to agree...it's when he's been out of the team for a while that he seems, er, slow - more because he's caught out pf position i.e. PAOK. (Similar arguement for Huddlestone, Dawson and others - lack of match sharpness shows a lot more when you're not naturally quick)

PAOK isn't the game to judge players I feel, Charlie plays there for his country. Don't get me wrong, it's not an ideal option having him there but he's not as bad as people say. Bassong showed he can do a job for us against Stoke's aerial assault. We need to prepare to be without King for extended periods, we've only won 1 league game without him.

I've got no issue with him in the centre but he seems the kind of player who needs a few more games than others to hit his straps...but then Sunderland don't really have anything up front at the moment so I wouldn't be too worried to see him in the side Sunday.

(Just as an aside I thought he'd be our 1st choice RB this season, esoecially in the "big" games. I seem to be wrong about a lot of things...)

Thelonious Filth said:
I didn't expect Walker or Friedel to get much game time, proven hugely wrong on both counts. In Arry we trust! :)

I hate to say it but I have to agree with you!!!

The tactical change at half time on sunday blew my mind. As if 'Arry can pull things like that out of the bag!

kushty said:
Thelonious Filth said:
I didn't expect Walker or Friedel to get much game time, proven hugely wrong on both counts. In Arry we trust! :)

I hate to say it but I have to agree with you!!!

The tactical change at half time on sunday blew my mind. As if 'Arry can pull things like that out of the bag!

Agreed - was preparing myself for a massive climb down on Twitter after the game prasing Harry's tactical nous...perhaps I should anyway even though we didn't get the win.

Still re-active rather than pro-active (there's some Grade A management BS for you) but was very pleasing to see as it was the first sign of flexibility in our formation away from a straight 4411/442

Ben said:
One thing, I think we should rest Parker, got his 4th yellow today, and I want him available against the chavs, plus he's looking tired, can't blame him for that!

I'm sure there's a cut off point for the 5th booking no longer meaning a suspension and it then moves on to 10 bookings.

I'm also sure that cut off is in December.... :shrug:

bateseyboy said:
Ben said:
One thing, I think we should rest Parker, got his 4th yellow today, and I want him available against the chavs, plus he's looking tired, can't blame him for that!

I'm sure there's a cut off point for the 5th booking no longer meaning a suspension and it then moves on to 10 bookings.

I'm also sure that cut off is in December.... :shrug:

Arse. It's the 31st December:

(i) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and 31 December (including any FTCM played on that day) in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: - One First Team Match

(ii) If a Player accumulates five cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: - “Warned as to his Future Conduct”

(iii) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the second Sunday of April in the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering:- Two First Team matches

(iv) If a Player accumulates ten cautions in FTCM between the opening day of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be: - “Severely Censured and Warned as to his future Conduct”

(v) If a Player accumulates 15 cautions in FTCM between the opening date of the Playing Season and the last day of the same Season, he will be suspended automatically for a period covering: - Three First Team matches

(vi) A Player who has already been subject to disciplinary action as a result of receiving five, ten and 15 cautions, and who goes on to receive 20 cautions in FTCM in the same Season, shall be required to attend a meeting of a Regulatory Commission, within seven days of the date of the last caution. The Members of a Regulatory Commission will have the power to deal with the Player in such manner as they deem fit. The same procedure will apply for every further five cautions received by that Player.

(vii) Any period of suspension arising from cautions will commence forthwith. The suspension will cover all approved First Team matches until such time as his Club’s First Team has completed the number of matches appropriate to the punishment in approved Competitions during the period covered by its opening league match and ending with the final match in which the Club is playing in an approved domestic Competition.

(viii) Any period of suspension or part thereof which remains outstanding at the end of a Season must be served at the commencement of the next following Season.

Sandro time then. :thumbup:

If Kaboul has to sit out a match we have three options I think and here they are in order of preference:

1. Hope King is fit again to be paired with Gallas

2. Play Bassong with Gallas. He played well enough in the second half at Stoke to get some more time on the pitch.

3. Play Charlie out of position with Gallas

Sound about right?

Chadwicks said:
If Kaboul has to sit out a match we have three options I think and here they are in order of preference:

1. Hope King is fit again to be paired with Gallas

2. Play Bassong with Gallas. He played well enough in the second half at Stoke to get some more time on the pitch.

3. Play Charlie out of position with Gallas

Sound about right?

2 and 3 make me shit myself, but 1 makes me feel warm and safe.

For me, if Kings fit play him, 3 points is 3 points. We could save him for Chelsea, just for him to pick up a knock in training.

Bassong has made some notable errors but I'd play him next to Gallas over Charlie. You never know, we could go 442 and tell them to go and smash the damn fuck out of Sunderland so we aren't worrying too much about the defence anyway.

Bassong is a good defender if played weekly and made to feel wanted, two things that haven't happened since he played a large part in the top4 team. Unfortunately when he's thrown in as he has been he's fucking terrible!!

He'll be a good addition to a mid to top premier league team like a Villa/Everton type team in January if he's sold.

Back
Top Bottom