Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

While calmer than I was last night, I am still wondering why I hate the team I supported my entire life quite so much and then trying to process this insanity I am thinking about 2015-2019 teams.

Put Son in his place, I genuinely feel that not one other player we currently have would be much of a bench option let alone starting games in that 15-19 period.

Hugo v Vic
Rose v Udogie
Toby v Romero
Jan v VDV
Walker/Trippier v Porto
Bissouma v Wanyama
Eriksen v Maddison
Dembele v Sarr
Ali v Kulu
Kane vJohnson

I recognise I’ve cherry picking a bit, but genuinely can’t see any of our current mob being better or even close to those levels ^. And that’s despite the “game changing” stadium.

Even more arresting that some of our lesser loved bench warmers now start games for us, Davies and formally Dier for example.

if only we kept Steve “I hate doing my job” Hitchens. If only we didn’t buy the wrong Fernandez. If only Dybala didn’t have Only Fans Royalty rights issues. If only Diaz joined instead of Danjuma. If only Jose wasn’t sacked for a man who never managed a first team game in his life. If only Conte’s wig hadn’t fluttered at Southampton…

Oh Mr Chairman :roseunsure:
There it is again Rose would lose against Udogie if the Italian was played as an orthodox leftback. If Pochettino coaching Rose to a WC places was on the cards he'd make Udogie into literally three times the fullback. I like Rose as much as the next bloke Udogie is fitter faster better on the ball and if taught to defend would own him. On a broader point I actually worry about the development of Sarr Bergval Udogie with the kind of playground football we are refining. They need to.learn their orthodox positions.

Last edited:

30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

View: https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/1786511277705113695?t=HsyBR9zhVUjYjwr5exvVOg&s=19

Good, we need a bit of a refresh. I love Richarlison, but he's just not good enough for a team to win the League (or he needs insane wingers in order to function properly). Same for Emerson.
As for Hojbjerg, I liked him when he first arrived, but he clearly is nothing more than a bench player at the moment, and I'd assume Bergvall will get his position.

You think we’re going to compete for the league next season?

Ah, looks like he got the memo.

"I’ve got to build a squad I think can play our football."

Then let this be the end of targeting anymore Brennan Johnson's, mate.

Time to get fucking serious and fucking ruthless.

We're not in Glasgee anymore, Toto.

👏THIS👏IS👏THE👏PREM

Wakey wakey.

#RealityBites
If you can afford the best players in your league, like with Celtic, then sure, you can play your football all the time and never have to worry about getting embarrassed by superior talent. If not, you have to use tactics and stretch for every possible other advantage on the field, and even then, you just might lose anyways.

Ange is back on stupid naive bs. And now he’s throwing the players under the bus. If he didn’t already lose the dressing room, it’s coming fast if he keeps up with that approach.

If you can afford the best players in your league, like with Celtic, then sure, you can play your football all the time and never have to worry about getting embarrassed by superior talent. If not, you have to use tactics and stretch for every possible other advantage on the field, and even then, you just might lose anyways.

Ange is back on stupid naive bs. And now he’s throwing the players under the bus. If he didn’t already lose the dressing room, it’s coming fast if he keeps up with that approach.
Nah, he's having to go through the stages of grieving - real quick - for his one-size-fits-all system.

Because the Prem demands bespoke.

We've had the denial and anger and now getting the bargaining and acceptance.

He better have the summer window of his life, because he can't afford to select/ok anymore duds.

Pressure on it is now huge.

Margin of error is tiny.

He needs to get it right and make sure whoever is coming in has a high level of technical ability and strong mentality to deliver what he wants.

If he gets it wrong, he'll be gone by Christmas.

His system cannot survive in the prem without the right components.

Last edited:
Nah, he's having to go through the stages of grieving - real quick - for his one-size-fits-all system.

Because the Prem demands bespoke.

We've had the denial and anger and now getting the bargaining and acceptance.

He better have the summer window of his life, because he can't afford to select/ok anymore duds.

Pressure on it is now huge.

Margin of error is tiny.

He needs to get it right and make sure whoever is coming in has a high level of technical ability and strong mentality to deliver what he wants.

If he gets it wrong, he'll be gone by Christmas.

His system cannot survive in the prem without the right components.
I agree with a lot of what you say- I just don’t think the summer window is coming that everyone seems to be hoping for. Asking to buy a new top winger is one thing, but to ask to sell and replace richarlison too? it’s fucking insanity. with spurs ur gonna get one or the other- not both.

I agree with a lot of what you say- I just don’t think the summer window is coming that everyone seems to be hoping for. Asking to buy a new top winger is one thing, but to ask to sell and replace richarlison too? it’s fucking insanity. with spurs ur gonna get one or the other- not both.
If he wants to survive, he knows he has to do everything to push for what he requires.

Nothing to lose, as he'll fail without it anyway.

The apparent honeymoon with Baldcunt will be over, that's for sure.

I can see a few surprise departures this summer. Been saying it for a while.
Trying to read between the lines of his presser, I’d say there’s going to be a few surprise outs too. Not wholly convinced Maddison is safe. The only ones that probably aren’t looking over their shoulder are our usual back five, Dragusin and maybe Brennan.

Back 5 are good to go. Bergvall. Gotta think Maddison, Sarr, and Son are starters too, although potentially upgradeable/squad players. Bissouma, Bentancur, and Brennan borderline starters but preferably upgradeable/squad players. Dragusin, Werner useful squad players.

That's pretty much it. Need 2 or 3 forwards, 2 or 3 midfielders, and backups for the back 5. Big shopping list.

If he wants to survive, he knows he has to do everything to push for what he requires.

Nothing to lose, as he'll fail without it anyway.

The apparent honeymoon with Baldcunt will be over, that's for sure.
He’ll quit and leave the club before the season starts, rather than get shafted by Baldie and get stuck with the current wankers for another season

Back
Top Bottom