Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would like to see something like this:

GK - Vicario / Forster / Whiteman

LB - Udogie / New

RB - Porro / Emerson

LCB - VDV / Dragusin

RCB - Romero / Dorrington / New

CM - Bissouma / Sarr / Bentancur / Bergval / New

AMC - Maddison / Lo Celso / Donely

RW - Kulu / Johnson

LW - Son / Solomon / New

ST - Richarlison / Veliz / New

Sell

Werner (Don’t renew / buy)
Austin (Contract up)
Davies
Regulion
Spence
Rodon
Tanganga
Ndombele
Hojberg
Skipp
Sessegnon
Gil
Parrott

Ideally I would like to see even more, new RB, another winger, another AMC but i can't see us doing more than 5 in.

Tosin on a free seems like a must really, to keep as much money available for the forward options.

Would like to see youth fill the gaps in the squad to allow us to spend on quality over quantity. Other prem sides don't seem to hesitate as much as we do to give them games. Sometimes you just have to chuck them in and see what they are made of.

Would like to see something like this:

GK - Vicario / Forster / Whiteman

LB - Udogie / New

RB - Porro / Emerson

LCB - VDV / Dragusin

RCB - Romero / Dorrington / New

CM - Bissouma / Sarr / Bentancur / Bergval / New

AMC - Maddison / Lo Celso / Donely

RW - Kulu / Johnson

LW - Son / Solomon / New

ST - Richarlison / Veliz / New

Sell

Werner (Don’t renew / buy)
Austin (Contract up)
Davies
Regulion
Spence
Rodon
Tanganga
Ndombele
Hojberg
Skipp
Sessegnon
Gil
Parrott

Ideally I would like to see even more, new RB, another winger, another AMC but i can't see us doing more than 5 in.

Tosin on a free seems like a must really, to keep as much money available for the forward options.

Would like to see youth fill the gaps in the squad to allow us to spend on quality over quantity. Other prem sides don't seem to hesitate as much as we do to give them games. Sometimes you just have to chuck them in and see what they are made of.
Royal is so bad and I never want to see him play for us again. We can’t go into a season with deki and Johnson as our right wingers. Both not good enough to be starters. We need a back up left centre back. A left and right back to either challenge Porro and Udogie or take their places. We need another centre mid,left winger and 100% a centre forward.
We are looking at 7 new players minimum🙈

Royal is so bad and I never want to see him play for us again. We can’t go into a season with deki and Johnson as our right wingers. Both not good enough to be starters. We need a back up left centre back. A left and right back to either challenge Porro and Udogie or take their places. We need another centre mid,left winger and 100% a centre forward.
That amount of players to try, and integrate next season, especially after the euros could be even more of a disaster than it is now.

That’s never going to happen with Levy at the helm. People here need to be more flexible with their expectations.

1 winger, 1 CM, 1 FB and maybe a new backup ST, only if Son leaves.

That’s as many quality, possibly starting level players as you should reasonably expect from Levy.

Expect to see Emerson, Davies, and the rest of the attack all back again next season, with only the possible exception of Son.

I would love it but 7 quality players isn't happening.

Looking back at previous windows we have not added that many, last summer was the closest we came with 9 additions, but that included Veliz, Solomon, Phillips and Kulu / Porro perm.

It also coincided with the sale of Kane.

Emerson first name out the door, seen enough. Appalling footballer. If Ange has title ambitions then this player is the farthest from that. Cannot let sentimentality get in the way of this one.

He really isn't.

Probably not even 'top' 5.

........And that would be nothing to do with 'sentimentality' either.

J-
He really isn't.

Probably not even 'top' 5.

........And that would be nothing to do with 'sentimentality' either.
There are less useful players but none will attract a fee. Someone will pay c.8m for Royal as he’s a Brazil intl, affordable wages and hard worker.

Perhaps Leeds or someone like that

He’s fucking horrendous - everything I hate about a football and comes across like a real bell-end too. Get out, F off

What does the club want, because with villas resurgence, and united to no doubt spend big Levy's target of 4th will never happen with mid players.

Watching that game carefully, there are so many basic players in the team that can never play quick one touch stuff ending in a good shot or a killer pass . Majority of them just aren't built for it. That work better in a countering team or a more passive system .

Kulu , son, and Johnson close to pointless, they just can't play that kinda football. Was actually longing for Timo that game.
None of them have a good first touch, none of them can pick a pass, none of them can beat a man and pull a team out of their shape.

Same again for the entire midfield , bar maddison and kinda bentancur kinda at a push!

Emerson obviously also.

With udogie back That's just the 6 players from the starting lineup alone that would need to be replaced
Fuckin ell

Over to u Daniel :levywtf:

I can see a few surprise departures this summer. Been saying it for a while.

Probably agree with that but we can’t rely on Davies,Royal,Skipp,Sonny,Richarlison,Johnson and Deki to take us forward.
While calmer than I was last night, I am still wondering why I hate the team I supported my entire life quite so much and then trying to process this insanity I am thinking about 2015-2019 teams.

Put Son in his place, I genuinely feel that not one other player we currently have would be much of a bench option let alone starting games in that 15-19 period.

Hugo v Vic
Rose v Udogie
Toby v Romero
Jan v VDV
Walker/Trippier v Porto
Bissouma v Wanyama
Eriksen v Maddison
Dembele v Sarr
Ali v Kulu
Kane vJohnson

I recognise I’ve cherry picking a bit, but genuinely can’t see any of our current mob being better or even close to those levels ^. And that’s despite the “game changing” stadium.

Even more arresting that some of our lesser loved bench warmers now start games for us, Davies and formally Dier for example.

if only we kept Steve “I hate doing my job” Hitchens. If only we didn’t buy the wrong Fernandez. If only Dybala didn’t have Only Fans Royalty rights issues. If only Diaz joined instead of Danjuma. If only Jose wasn’t sacked for a man who never managed a first team game in his life. If only Conte’s wig hadn’t fluttered at Southampton…

Oh Mr Chairman :roseunsure:

Vic
Porro - Romero - VDV - Udogie
NEW
Bentancur -- Maddison
NEW - Son - NEW

We need a proper player and fighter as the 6. Someone like Palhinha. Biss just doesn't have it mentally and it's too important a position to start someone flaky.

I think Bentancur has enough about him physically, is aggressive and is technically good enough to be the 8 and chip in with goals. We know what Maddison can do at his best. Sarr and Bergvall plus Donley/Moore/Devine should be able deputies.

Most critically we need two new starting wingers that can actually put fear into the opposition. FFS even the likes of Mudryk/Madueke give defenders something to think about and get them on the back foot.
Not ideal to have Son/Richarlison at CF for another year but I do think we would see an uptick from them with better wingers.

We must do better than Johnson/Kulu/Solomon/Werner/Son as our wingers. It's simply mid-table if we are being honest.
Son as striker…get real.

Tbh he is shocking. And unfortunately he seems to only be getting worse.
I can see the justification for keeping him as a 4th choice LB/RB.

The question people should really be asking themselves is “what is the realistic likelihood of us signing anyone better than him in his role?”

Thanks to Levy, I believe the answer is “none”.

Back
Top Bottom